VB (inc. achilles injury discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another post which assumes bf posters have more idea than the club we support of whom are closer to the actual facts.

Nonsense.

Most of these BF posters you speak of are members, and members are the lifeblood of any football club.

Those "close to the facts" are merely custodians of our club. And they're judged accordingly.

Trigg and Harper were pretty "close to the facts" of Tippett's contract. How did that one turn out for them?

A club without members is not a club. And a club who doesn't listen to its members over and over again runs at a very high risk.

Remember that before you continue to insult those who part with their hard earned to support the Adelaide Football Club.

Danger is being groomed for the role, and is a worthy if not the best choice. This however is no reason to give VB the shellacking he receives on here.

If we think Danger's time is now, great, surely that doesn't mean we have to denigrate VB.

Vb is a great bloke and an excellent off field leader by all accounts. This does not mean that those of us who value on field leadership more highly can't call for Danger to be captain. If being behind danger is denigration, I think I need to throw out my dictionary.

Vb is a great bloke and an excellent off field leader by all accounts. This does not mean that those of us who value on field leadership more highly can't call for Danger to be captain. If being behind danger is denigration, I think I need to throw out my dictionary.

It isn't, of course, but a lot of what is said about VB on here definitely falls into that category.

Incorrect. But hey, change the goalposts all you like. Number of wins never came into the equation.

VB got votes in 10 games, 3 were losses.

We averaged votes for 13 players in losses, and 19 in wins.

So the 10 games he played in that we lost in 7 of these he was not (on average) in our best 13?
And in the 9 games he played that we won he was not in the best 19 (on average) in 2?

Hardly flattering numbers. Also note that his non scoring period was bookended by low end votes in winning teams.

I'm very divided on this topic.

Does danger deserve it? Yes

Does it matter if your C isn't a star?

2013: Hodge
2012: Goodes/Mcveigh
2011: Ling
2010: Maxwell
2009: Harley
2008: Mitchell
2007: Harley

Few stars and non-stars there...

The one moment that really irks me is danger winning a contest (like he does) then running around someone (like he does) about to be confronted by another player so he goes for the one-two with VB and gets around the player to receive the handball putting him with 50-70m clear space in front of him... Guess what
VB handballs it to his feet he fumbles ball goes OOB..

Goodwork Ol' Capitain

Being behind Danger (or Thommo last year) is fine. I think Dangers time is now also, but I can support a move without bagging VB. Of course if he isn't selected this year I'll be happy to support that decision also, as I know I am not in a position to have all the facts (Even as a founding member of the club).

Just to be clear before you throw out your dictionary, denigration refers not to the support of another captain but the need to bag mercilessly the current leader in order to make the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one moment that really irks me is danger winning a contest (like he does) then running around someone (like he does) about to be confronted by another player so he goes for the one-two with VB and gets around the player to receive the handball putting him with 50-70m clear space in front of him... Guess what
VB handballs it to his feet he fumbles ball goes OOB..

Goodwork Ol' Capitain

The one moment that really irks me is danger winning a contest (like he does) then running around someone (like he does) about to be confronted by another player gets the one two and kicks the ball 30 meters along the ground because he struggles to kick at full pace.

We can all pick moments in a game and players weakness.

VB and Danger are in our best 22 next year because these moments are out weighed by their strengths.

That most on this forum want their captain in the image of roo without respecting what the players, coaches and club have seen in our captain.

In a nutshell for u.
Fair comment ........The players have a huge say in who is captain .....and that needs to be respected by us supporters rather than our own image of what a captain should look like

VB isn't an automatic selection next year.

Grigg and Crouch have rocketed past him, Kerridge wasn't far away, and Lyons will probably go past him this year.

If I had a dollar for every time Bigfooty declared vB is no longer best 22, and player x has gone past him...

Still, no doubt Crouch will go past him. Crouch is going to push for being the best player we've ever had. Astoundingly good rookie season. I reckon he's likely to be captain one day.

If I had a dollar for every time Bigfooty declared vB is no longer best 22, and player x has gone past him...

Still, no doubt Crouch will go past him. Crouch is going to push for being the best player we've ever had. Astoundingly good rookie season. I reckon he's likely to be captain one day.

Crouch has gone past him. Guy is a freak!

One of the problems I have with VB as captain is that the spud, sorry I meant the player is not a guaranteed starter in our 22.

That says something especially when you compare him to players who were captains of clubs in their premiership year that were guaranteed starters in their 22.

One of the problems I have with VB as captain is that the spud, sorry I meant the player is not a guaranteed starter in our 22.

I'd say he is at the moment, i can only really think of 5 midfielders ahead of him at this current time (Danger, Crouch, Sloane, Douglas and Grigg), however if VB gives a similar season to this next, then he won't be.

Especially as we'll probably fast track our first selection.

That says something especially when you compare him to players who were captains of clubs in their premiership year that were guaranteed starters in their 22.
This must be the 30th time you've posted this, complete with unnecessary denigration.

You were wrong the first time you posted it and you're still wrong on the 30th. Truth does not magically attach itself to a manifestly false statement through sheer repetition.

This must be the 30th time you've posted this, complete with unnecessary denigration.

You were wrong the first time you posted it and you're still wrong on the 30th. Truth does not magically attach itself to a manifestly false statement through sheer repetition.
Make-the-lie-big.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

VB (inc. achilles injury discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back