VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched closely in last Qtr at the game (frankly the game was boring so thought I would watch him).

I think coaches will be happy with him although he only got 1 touch (and should have had a Ping for goal instead of try to pass off). But suspect he will be frustrated.

He played forward in last (would have liked to see him more in the middle) and worked hard. But cats lost clearances in last and also were sloppy going forward so Ollie didn’t get near it really.

Chalk it all down to experience. As you say he is lively and I expect will have a break out next year.

He will be back in vfl for rest of this year unless injury to specific player. Or unless cats fall off
I just hope it's midfield in the 2s

Also likely that having played the last 1.5 quarters in the AFL, and then a break between games lasting approx 90 minutes games that it was going to be a hard task to keep Ollie warmed up & ready for a second hit out
I’m pretty sure I heard for a sub to be eligible to play vfl they can’t play more than a 1/4
Bring back to back games wouldn’t have helped his chances your right though

He is usually pretty good mark on the lead including overhead. from what I have seen earlier in the year.

Last couple of weeks you can tell he hasn’t got back to the pace of the game. Not at enough contests and lacking some competitiveness. But last week 3 goals in low scoring game and could be same this week. Taking advantage of limited opportunities.

I don’t think we know whether he is going to be a good afl player yet. But I think he has strong potential for sure
This is a good and balanced take. He's not overrated so much as people are excited about his potential. And we can't know at this stage how he'll turn out. I remember Hawkins got a lot of flack in his first couple of years. He couldn't seem to hold his marks. He seemed to have so much potential but many wondered if he'd ever amount to anything. Look how that turned out. Not saying Neale is an equivalent at all just saying I'm surprised by how consistently people feel like they need to make a call on here about whether a young player is 'overrated' or whatever when you actually just cannot know right now. He may be, he may not be. Enjoy the ride, like CHAWKTS here 🌈

I dutifully watched the VFL game and I must say it was less than inspiring.

Whyte and Hardie did nothing to suggest they'll ever be AFL standard - time will tell. Cousins butchers the ball.

Neale is struggling, but I still think he and Foster are the most likely to end up with AFL careers.

Knevitt was OK, but curiously seems to go much better in the Seniors.

Menegola is still struggling to influence games and I doubt if Parfitt will be at Geelong next year.

Whyte and Hardie did nothing to suggest they'll ever be AFL standard - time will tell. Cousins butchers the ball.

Neale is struggling, but I still think he and Foster are the most likely to end up with AFL careers.

Menegola is still struggling to influence games and I doubt if Parfitt will be at Geelong next year.
Haven't seen result, but assume we lost?

I watched closely in last Qtr at the game (frankly the game was boring so thought I would watch him).

I think coaches will be happy with him although he only got 1 touch (and should have had a Ping for goal instead of try to pass off). But suspect he will be frustrated.

He played forward in last (would have liked to see him more in the middle) and worked hard. But cats lost clearances in last and also were sloppy going forward so Ollie didn’t get near it really.

Chalk it all down to experience. As you say he is lively and I expect will have a break out next year.

He will be back in vfl for rest of this year unless injury to specific player. Or unless cats fall off

I really think they try to expose players to different roles..so it might help them get a game ... Foster at FB for example.

but its a bit like Bruhn. My bet is we will see more from him in the middle.

Parfitt is contracted. He will be at Geelong simply because no one will trade for him

Parfitt is contracted. He will be at Geelong simply because no one will trade for him
If he asks to go we will most likely trade him for a token 3rd or 4th which someone will jump at as he actually has had a decent time at Geelong and proven he can be useful.

A club will probably think maybe he just needs a different environment and if not he could at least be decent backup.

North for example or WC could really use someone like him.

Shame about Kroeger - Shifter liked him albeit Shifter thinks they'll all be stars.

We do make an art form of drafting fellows who can't get on the park for one reason or another. Or when they do get on they suffer further injury.

Shame about Kroeger - Shifter liked him albeit Shifter thinks they'll all be stars.

We do make an art form of drafting fellows who can't get on the park for one reason or another. Or when they do get on they suffer further injury.
If shifter saw me play he'd find something nice to say about me.

Was there some new info RE Kroeger or we're just going with the general delist vibe?

I'd like to see him play a vfl game at least

If shifter saw me play he'd find something nice to say about me.

Was there some new info RE Kroeger or we're just going with the general delist vibe?

I'd like to see him play a vfl game at least

He played half a game last year - so he has at least had an opportunity to pull on the hoops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting interview with Phoenix Foster on a Geelong YouTube fan channel show. Worth a watch. Seems a very likeable guy.

Cliff notes for those of us without 55 minutes to spare?

Geelong Cats 9.4 (58) def by North Melbourne 15.11 (101)
Will Phillips (NM)
6 Daniel Capiron (GC)
5 Tyler Sellers (NM)
3 Ben Cunnington (NM)
3 Ben Davis (NM)
2 Jye Chalcraft (GC)
2 Josh Goater (NM)

Interesting for our game that we didn’t have a representative from the AFL listed group. It is only happened 2 times this year.

Round 8 when the only AFL listed player playing who had played an AFL game was cooper whyte (1 qtr in AFL) - so really I don’t think we count that…

And in round 2 when the VFL team got beaten by over 110 points and no Cats player (AFL or VFL) got a vote

Last weekend we had 8 AFL listed players on the field and none got in the votes…

I didn’t watch all of the game but when I saw the menegola “highlights” put out by cats media I assumed he must have had an impactful game - neither coach thought so

Looks like we're on FTA on Sunday!

F048IP1aAAYy7na

Looks like we're on FTA on Sunday!

F048IP1aAAYy7na
Oh ffs… finally a game I can watch live and bc it’s on 7 I’ll get geoblocked.. ****ing great

Go Catters

Oh ffs… finally a game I can watch live and bc it’s on 7 I’ll get geoblocked.. ******* great

Go Catters

:thumbsdown:

Why cant they just put on the VFL on the GFC website and you can access it if you are a member. What point does Geo blocking achieve. Don't they want people to watch it? How does it works if they are on holidays?

Really the club always looking for product for their website, so the club should be talking to you or maybe you should talk to the club. Daz mentioned on KRock most weeks. Be a good vid on the website... A few stories with your behind the scenes stuff Geelong jumper on etc etc

Then again, a vid of your trials in middle of the night only to be blocked might not be as good for them on youtube. Cat supporters overseas should have better service

Geelong Cats 9.4 (58) def by North Melbourne 15.11 (101)
Will Phillips (NM)
6 Daniel Capiron (GC)
5 Tyler Sellers (NM)
3 Ben Cunnington (NM)
3 Ben Davis (NM)
2 Jye Chalcraft (GC)
2 Josh Goater (NM)

Interesting for our game that we didn’t have a representative from the AFL listed group. It is only happened 2 times this year.

Round 8 when the only AFL listed player playing who had played an AFL game was cooper whyte (1 qtr in AFL) - so really I don’t think we count that…

And in round 2 when the VFL team got beaten by over 110 points and no Cats player (AFL or VFL) got a vote

Last weekend we had 8 AFL listed players on the field and none got in the votes…

I didn’t watch all of the game but when I saw the menegola “highlights” put out by cats media I assumed he must have had an impactful game - neither coach thought so

I only watched the first half at the ground last week, and I had Capiron comfortably as our best at that stage - happy to see his game recognised

I only watched the first half at the ground last week, and I had Capiron comfortably as our best at that stage - happy to see his game recognised
I have liked the way he has played all year. Has a crack and reads the ball well. Does tend to bite of more than he can chew so have some shocking turnovers - but has been a bright spot imo this year

Oh ffs… finally a game I can watch live and bc it’s on 7 I’ll get geoblocked.. ******* great

Go Catters

I've used my VPN (privateinternetaccess.com) to get around such things before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back