VFL VFL 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be good to see how some of these boys are going but there’s not many that will be pushing for spots at the moment.
Possible Ceglar and/or Neale might be needed at afl level with Stanley and Hawkins potential outs.
I think they’ll probably persist with Hawkins but I’d prefer to give Neale some games and get Hawkins fitness right for the back half of the year.

Not sure the extent of Stanley’s injury but half a decent run from Ceglar might be enough to give him a couple of weeks to get Stanley right.

Keen to see Morrison play he’d have to be in the mix for mid season draft with all our injuries down back.

Not sure the extent of Stanley’s injury but half a decent run from Ceglar might be enough to give him a couple of weeks to get Stanley right.
We might see half a decent run from Ceglar, I guess. For about ten seconds, at the five-minute mark of the first quarter.

Be good to see how some of these boys are going but there’s not many that will be pushing for spots at the moment.
Possible Ceglar and/or Neale might be needed at afl level with Stanley and Hawkins potential outs.
I think they’ll probably persist with Hawkins but I’d prefer to give Neale some games and get Hawkins fitness right for the back half of the year.

Keen to see Morrison play he’d have to be in the mix for mid season draft with all our injuries down back.
Midfield getting smashed atm, so there is absolutely a chance is Parfitt, Simpson or Clarke dominate they get a look in. Dempsey maybe too considering Close is having a poor start to the season.

Midfield getting smashed atm, so there is absolutely a chance is Parfitt, Simpson or Clarke dominate they get a look in. Dempsey maybe too considering Close is having a poor start to the season.
It is but those guys won’t come in and make a difference at the moment. Parfitt had 5 disposals last week I hope he gets a couple weeks in the vfl to find some form. Would love to see Clark dominate and demand a spot.
I’m not a fan of Simpson and he’s certainly not the type of player that would make a difference to our midfield issues.
Close still did some good things in the game, very hard for small forwards when the midfield is beaten so easily.
Dempsey can’t play the role close and Miers play anyway as they cover so much of the ground. But he apparently had a great summer so I’m sure he’s not far off getting a game.

Who streams the VFL matches? Or are they on Kayo?
Unfortunately not on kayo which is pretty ridiculous considering they can broadcast some odd sports. But you can stream through the afl site as mentioned above. Hopefully it can be cromecast on to the tv.

Dempsey can’t play the role close and Miers play anyway as they cover so much of the ground. But he apparently had a great summer so I’m sure he’s not far off getting a game.
Ollie absolutely has the tank to play the role those two play. He's supposedly easily top six at the club now for endurance. Whether he can hit bodies and stick tackles (like we need those players to do in the seniors right now) is another matter, of course.

Last edited:
Ollie absolutely has the tank to play the role those two play. He's supposedly easily top six at the club now for endurance. Whether he can hit bodies and stick tackles (like we need those players to do) is another matter, of course.
I would agree. In particular miers role. But (despite my well known bias toward ollie!) I think Miers does his role better right now. If Miers was injured I reckon Dempsey straight in)

Dempsey could replace Close over time but reckon it needs to be sustained form slump (and not as like for like as much as Miers). And then they might put Simpson in as more similar (defensive?) to close?

the other interesting dynamic is o henry and Rohan. Over time I don’t think we can have both imo. as always you would love to merge them into one player! In short term I think they keep them given they bring different things but if they make a call that also might open up and opportunity for Dempsey (or Simpson)

oversll though it is great for vfl team as you have Dempsey and Simpson and scratcher all believing they have a shot at going to next level. And Ceglar and Parfitt getting back there. Then Clark and Mitch thinking more medium term. And of course Whyte. That should provide a highly motivated bunch of boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would agree. In particular miers role. But (despite my well known bias toward ollie!) I think Miers does his role better right now. If Miers was injured I reckon Dempsey straight in)

Dempsey could replace Close over time but reckon it needs to be sustained form slump (and not as like for like as much as Miers). And then they might put Simpson in as more similar (defensive?) to close?

the other interesting dynamic is o henry and Rohan. Over time I don’t think we can have both imo. as always you would love to merge them into one player! In short term I think they keep them given they bring different things but if they make a call that also might open up and opportunity for Dempsey (or Simpson)

oversll though it is great for vfl team as you have Dempsey and Simpson and scratcher all believing they have a shot at going to next level. And Ceglar and Parfitt getting back there. Then Clark and Mitch thinking more medium term. And of course Whyte. That should provide a highly motivated bunch of boys
Rohan is ahead of Henry atm, agree eventually a lot of those players won’t play in the same team when there’s a fuller list to choose from.
There’s a big group of players who can and will play a lot of afl games but not necessarily every week.

Willis, Kroeger and Foster not named on injury list but not playing. Foster not too concerning but it can’t be great for the other two. Has there been any news on them lately?

Willis, Kroeger and Foster not named on injury list but not playing. Foster not too concerning but it can’t be great for the other two. Has there been any news on them lately?
Of course not.

#wearegeelong
#alwaysforthrightregardinginjuries
#andpigsmightaswell

Seriously, though, Foster and Willis were at least picked up out there in the pic gallery from training this week. And they appeared to be part of the main group, rather than any rehab posse. So hopefully those two will be out there with the Bankers in the near future.

#kroegeristhenewcowanthough

Also what’s the issue with Menegola? He’s been injured for a long time, when was the last game he played?

Can’t see Whyte in the warm ups. Shame as i hoped he might play given only 1 quarter last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back