VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what, I am - at your endless bullsh!t attitude.

Mate you're not the grand overseer. Maybe stop being so unnecessarily antagonistic and elitist in this thread constantly. You wouldn't have picked us to draft Wiltshire, Dempsey, or even Stewart from the lower ressies, so you don't really know what we'll do or how things will turn out, given it's the start of the year.

It's just sad how much you think you're right about everything and how much you abuse/are sarcastic/laugh react at anyone who disagrees with you. Get a life.
Calm down bucko, we all can have opinions. Have you ever watched a Will Christie VFL game? He has shown nothing. Ajang is an Anakie ruck that is just big. You can't call them future rookies without actually having a clue of their game.

I assume given you post a lot of strong views…that you know the same coach had Rohan come back via the VFL in rounds 6 and 7 in our premiership year. I have no doubt he will come back (if he stops having “set backs” like he has this week) via the VFL
Like someone said above. Do you not get big Higgins vibes from him? (and I know he played a few) but that's what vibe I'm getting into what I assume would be Rohan's last year (pending contract?)

Calm down bucko, we all can have opinions. Have you ever watched a Will Christie VFL game? He has shown nothing. Ajang is an Anakie ruck that is just big. You can't call them future rookies without actually having a clue of their game.

I've seen a few. I also know that it's March, and I said that I could see us drafting them, as they're the mature age type that we like to draft if they show something.

Christie is already improving upon last year, and has a lot of good attributes. I don't see how he'd be any worse than Phoenix Foster for example.

But feel free to throw that back in my face, lol.

I don't see how he'd be any worse than Phoenix Foster for example.
no, no. You've got me there.

Christie is already improving upon last year, and has a lot of good attributes.
has he even played a practice match outside of Friday night this year? A practice match no one allegedly went and watched? I wouldn't even put a bet on him playing much this season with the rucks available.

I've seen a few. I also know that it's March, and I said that I could see us drafting them, as they're the mature age type that we like to draft if they show something.

Christie is already improving upon last year, and has a lot of good attributes. I don't see how he'd be any worse than Phoenix Foster for example.

But feel free to throw that back in my face, lol.

Well if your wrong, not the first time a VFL football has picked up a stan. But if you're right credit to you. To my eye he didn't show much last year. We didn't have many tall players it was like anyone over 190cm was getting a game.

When was that?
There was a match sim and full on training last Thursday or Friday. Loose term “did his hamstring” - I think it was more that hamstring didn’t hold up to increased training…assume (don’t know) that it is related to the back issue he has had all pre season.

They genuinely planned to put him back into matches over the next week or two but if the reports are true this is a real setback given lack of pre season

Like someone said above. Do you not get big Higgins vibes from him? (and I know he played a few) but that's what vibe I'm getting into what I assume would be Rohan's last year (pending contract?)
Agree that it is likely the analogy…would be great if the analogy led to same outcome as 2022!!

To keep that going we need a breakout year like SDK taking over from Henderson retirement. Hopefully that is Dempsey (3rd year taking over from Smith? Sort of). We also need a Dal analogy? Who will that be? 2E? Or maybe someone a bit younger like Dal was?

Not superspicious - much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a match sim and full on training last Thursday or Friday. Loose term “did his hamstring” - I think it was more that hamstring didn’t hold up to increased training…assume (don’t know) that it is related to the back issue he has had all pre season.

They genuinely planned to put him back into matches over the next week or two but if the reports are true this is a real setback given lack of pre season
Thanks. Just found it confusing your first comment then Mitch Cleary’s report then your 180 then seeing Rohan training today doing quite sharp agility work. Mixed messages!

Agree that it is likely the analogy…would be great if the analogy led to same outcome as 2022!!

To keep that going we need a breakout year like SDK taking over from Henderson retirement. Hopefully that is Dempsey (3rd year taking over from Smith? Sort of). We also need a Dal analogy? Who will that be? 2E? Or maybe someone a bit younger like Dal was?

uhhh. Shaun Mannagh for Smith (no? need someone younger? I'll give you Dempsey then) and the Dal of 2024 will be uhhh Jed Bews

Thanks. Just found it confusing your first comment then Mitch Cleary’s report then your 180 then seeing Rohan training today doing quite sharp agility work. Mixed messages!
Adding to the clarity of geelong injuries!

I think with Rohan it has been a bit mixed all pre season - which is more of a worry. Back injury moving into hamstring.

In terms of agility work he has been building over the last few weeks which is why they were confident he was going to come back (slowly) but when they try to move beyond skills he hasn’t been able to step up

We had calls for us to draft Bailey Van de Heuvel last year, though it was towards the end of the year

To be fair the club followed the template we all called for (mature vfl kpd with rookie pick) they just picked jeka instead.

Its obvious that if dempsey or mannagh dominate rohan will be higgins 2022 relived, bht the next month will tell the tale there.

The dal will be bews and probably tuohy.

It would be stanley too if conway was ready (which he understandably isnt).

To be fair the club followed the template we all called for (mature vfl kpd with rookie pick) they just picked jeka instead.

Jeka seems like a very quick Player type out player type in replacement for Sav. Athletically the demands of the top level are another level so as good as some look at the lower level not every player given a chance will be a success.

Imo, Christie is just another here that might be worth watching , especially if he has improved. We probably are capable of adding a flexible tall if he could play down back as well. Its an area of need across the league. We have added a few talls recently so thats why it may not be Geelong.

Based on last year , Christie was not the player I thought with the best chance to be the player "found" at VFL level but I guess we see what we have this year in the next few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back