VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Mannagh is good enough for AFL. Like him in the forward 50. Offers more pace than Henry.

The two are not comparable.
Henry is a marking medium tall forward @ around 190cms.

Mannagh kicks a goal and no one goes to him and he barely celebrates. Even his opponent looked to comment on it. Suspect he’s made it known he’s not happy.

Knevitt is staring. He’s in next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who would know who’s in next week with Mr Clicky in charge, I’d be shitty if I was Mannagh too, I would be playing Willis against Essendon

Mannagh kicks a goal and no one goes to him and he barely celebrates. Even his opponent looked to comment on it. Suspect he’s made it known he’s not happy.

Knevitt is staring. He’s in next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah honestly that stood out to me.
I think its obvious mannagh will ask for a trade at end of year and thats a sad outcome.

Knevitts been really good-straight in for tuohy.

I think its obvious mannagh will ask for a trade at end of year and thats a sad outcome.

Totally agree - play the bloke FFS

He's earned it and thats what they ask you to do.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looked horrible. Commentary team
Made mention of the lack of ‘energy’. If he wants a trade he can’t be sooky - what club wants that. If he wants a game with the cats he can’t be sooky either.

Anyway, positives are Knevitt and Conway. Hope they both play next week. Edwards is looking very good too. Will be great once he puts weight on.

Conway is good but cant tell where his tank is at bc its a smaller ground.

Knevitts been really good particularly defensively running to fill holes. Should play afl on the wing next week.

Clohesys work around the contest is great-id be giving him a game soon.

Mannagh looks dangerous fwd but i dont know why we are parking him there when the MF is getting beaten.
Between this and too many talls clogging the forward line corrigan isnt coaching his best today.

Jeka is very odd mixes great kicking with no intensity.
Foster keeps disappearing hes a delist (willis and murdoch probably same boat).
Stanley and bews are finished period and parfitt is finished at geelong.

Hardie been ok but again i doubt they pick him.
Humphries has been decent but not dominating how i want him to-hopefully he can push hard to get in the 1s for mullin.

175 full forward when half our side is 200cms.

We dubbed the draft pick.

We did but it really begs the question as to why the recruiters picked in r2 a 26yo the coaches dont want.

And now we are tanking any trade value he had by not playing him meaning when he asks for a trade we will be lucky to get p80 meanwhile he will play a lot of afl footy for his new club next year. Really odd decision there.

We're really talking up a small forward with 3 possessions and no tackles in a half?

Mannagh is clearly behind Dempsey, Stengle, Close and Miers and is showing nowhere near what's required for us to want to radically change the structure to include him. The obsession with him when he's been really poor today is bizarre.

Not on his first half today Daz if you are talking Mannagh.

Mannagh hasnt touched it much because hes parked in a pocket and the delivery is terrible. But when he touches it his disposal is clearly afl standard. The only other ones with that are knevitt and humphries (to an extent jeka has that class but he has zero intensity). The rest of the side is developing kids who arent ready or older plodders who are finished.

We're really talking up a small forward with 3 possessions and no tackles in a half?

Mannagh is clearly behind Dempsey, Stengle, Close and Miers and is showing nowhere near what's required for us to want to radically change the structure to include him. The obsession with him when he's been really poor today is bizarre.

The thing thats more bizarre is why we drafted him in the first place.

How do you promote a mid who's had 2 possessions in a half at vfl level

Last time i checked hes not playing in the midfield.

Speaking of which if we could develop some mids that would be great.

We are tall so we bomb it to contests. However the kicks aren't too anyone's advantage. Too easy to spoil. It reminds me of a game I watched a lifetime ago where we named a team of giants (Mensch, Graham etc) and didn't mark much of anything.

Refusing to look inside and switch play. George Stevens is stuck in purgatory on the wing wasting his height advantage on his opponent. He's moving quick enough mind you, I just need to see more contests and how well he can sustain bursts. Looked a little slow once he went to ground.

Humphries I really like but isn't getting any ball to distribute. As someone mentioned a match or two ago, isn't very strong defensively. Needs to be given lots of ball to use his kicking. I haven't seen any Stewart like attack on the ball to get his own.

The thing thats more bizarre is why we drafted him in the first place.

Because there was sweet FA available by then in that draft and we thought he could be better than he's shown.

He's probably good enough to do a job at AFL level as a small forward. But Dempsey's moved way ahead of him and he's a bit unlucky that he's playing in the role where we're strongest. So he's out of the side.

If Stengle goes I'd keep him. If Stengle stays I'd happily accept a pick in the 30s even though he's contracted because he's pretty clearly surplus to requirements.

My obsession isn't for him to be playing seniors... It's to get him playing in a position that gives him a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back