VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know what they've done to have the ground chopped up so bad. Bom says about 8mm (Geelong Racecourse) since Tuesday.

Certainly has had lots of massive downpours over the years and looked far better than this

When I did the members experience a couple of weeks back, Hocking explained that they've been having drainage issues on the Brownlow Stand side of the ground for a couple of years now, and signficant rain causes the warm up area that we see on TV to flood

Wondering if what we're seeing of the ground tonight is linked to that?

So when the next funding comes through for the scoreboard replacement, majority of the $4 million from that announcement is actually going to drainage works & improvement - the scoreboard upgrade is less than half of the funding announced

When I did the members experience a couple of weeks back, Hocking explained that they've been having drainage issues on the Brownlow Stand side of the ground for a couple of years now, and signficant rain causes the warm up area that we see on TV to flood

So when the next funding comes through for the scoreboard replacement, majority of the $4 million from that announcement is actually going to drainage works & improvement - the scoreboard upgrade is less than half of the funding announced

Water table playing tricks maybe?

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

And yet 8mm in four days. Suburban grounds run by the council would fair better. Sounds fishy to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley is comfortably winning the hitouts, but we've got no players to where he's tapping the ball - we seem to be setting up a bit more defensively in the guts, but he keeps tapping to the attacking space where Daniel's has been positioning himself

Some seriously stupid football at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back