VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt the only listed player to play.

Boy is he in the dog house or what
What the hell did he do? murder someone? As disappointing as he's been, that's some fall from grace.

It's the reverse or that "Kolo washes Scott's car really well" gag we've had going for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be just because he didn't play either game v Essendon. He had better have had 40 disposals and kicked 3 if he wants a gig in the AFL's R1 side.

Oh god. That's a delisting if ever I've heard it

Rfa and another club will offer him 1-2 years somewhere. So wont technically be delist but is done at geelong.

Should have traded his ass last year.
Weakest midfield in the comp and the guy is still on the outer.

List clogger we've carried for too long.

Who to? Don't think there were any takers
Fijian 3rd division for all I care.
His presence on our list makes me ill.

This is what I'd have done to him...

Will Smith GIF

I don't get the Parfitt hate tbh. It all comes back to what you expected out of him.

He's always been short, slow, and poor with the ball in his hands. We knew that when he was drafted as supporters, and even for those who didn't, they quickly did once they watched him play.

If you're expecting a player with those tangibles to be anything more than a battler at AFL level, then you're the problem for setting your expectations too high.

He can have the odd outlier game once or twice a year, but this is what he's always been.

A limited player who tries his guts out and is loved around the club. That will get you a long way at AFL level in terms of employment, it's a tale as old as time.

To be a star at AFL level, the vast majority either have to be freakishly genetically gifted (Like Danger for instance) or limited in God given talent, but have unbelievable footy smarts and skills (Like a Sam Mitchell/Greg Williams)

Parfitt is neither, and if you're disappointed in him, then it's your fault for expecting him to be in the 1% outlier of players in his category that make it big (See Matt Priddis).

An even then, someone like Priddis caused a 50/50 split amongst Eagles supporters. Even after winning a Brownlow, there was a huge contingent of their supporter base who didn't rate him.

Yeah I don't understand the hatred.

Serviceable player with strengths and weaknesses. He gave us 5+ solid years and has always tried his guts out. Was very stiff to be dropped for the 2022 finals series and he's been a victim of his limitations, lack of confidence and the game changing towards more outside run and precision ball movement in midfield.

If he comes good again great but if he spends a year in the VFL he'll help a lot with development of the next group. And if he moves on at the end of the year he should go with our blessing and thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back