VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him the phone, just take it back to give us updates.
Had his iPad. The issue was it was bloody hot with bugger all shade. Interestingly, poor old Sandy were kept out there after the game running multiple half ground sprints. I don’t think they were being punished for playing poorly. I’m guessing the coach was thinking they weren’t fit enough to run out the game.
Hey TheMenz Gallery do you know if they pulled any players at half time? Trying to figure out who the emergency is
Parfitt and Neale played out the game. Mullin started and went ok early but not sighted after halftime.
How did Oisin Mullin go?

Mitch Edwards and James Willis and Wiltshire did not play.
I said to Edwards that I thought that I would see him out on the ground and he responded, "I wish that I was".
George Stevens went off 1/2 way through the 3rd 1/4 with a limp. He seemed OK. May have been a bit of a corkey or something. But it did not seem serious. I did not see the incident.

Willis spectating is a worry
He looked fine. I was tempted to ask if he had any issues, but I thought that I may be pushing my luck and decided to keep my mouth shut..

Willis spectating is a worry

Yeah i understand why wiltshire would be on a modified program as he is stick thin and edwards because he is a 1st year tall. But willis has to play every game to try and get another contract.

Yeah i understand why wiltshire would be on a modified program as he is stick thin and edwards because he is a 1st year tall. But willis has to pay every game to try and get another contract.
Yep, Willis needs to get on the park and show something. He may have an issue, but there was nothing obvious.
Shannon Neal ended up with three goals and should have had more. Although it was a bit blustery at Deakin.
Phoenix Foster kicked the one, but he looks bigger in the body than last season. Both he and O'Sullivan still look a fair way off yet, despite the early hype around O'Sullivan.

Last edited:
I wont be sleeping tonight.

GO Catters
Him and Lawson were best on for me. Neale spent a bit of time in the Ruck but was at his best up forward. He marked everything near him and was a real focal point. His contested marking was elite today
Lawson Humphries ran all day. Good skills on both side. I’m not yet ready to anoint him as our next superstar like Kingy but a lot to work with and will get his chance at some stage this year if he keeps playing like that. Could be very good Wing/HB.

Mitch Edwards and James Willis and Wiltshire did not play.
I said to Edwards that I thought that I would see him out on the ground and he responded, "I wish that I was".
George Stevens went off 1/2 way through the 3rd 1/4 with a limp. He seemed OK. May have been a bit of a corkey or something. But it did not seem serious. I did not see the incident.
Mitch has a back injury at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krock pre-game were talking to Rahilly who said those expected to do well were dominant.
Then named Neale, Parfitt and Bews as having done what was asked and were the standouts.
Neale ✅
Bews ✅
Parfitt❌
There was one passage of play where he had 3 options all about 10m away. Standing still, Parfitt did about 3 360 turns, unsure who to give it to. By this time, he was tackled. A better attempt at a tackle should have had him holding the ball but as the tackle slipped down he was lucky enough to get a handball out to one of the 3 options he had in the first place. This indecision on his part happened several times. He needs to be more instinctive and give the first option. Was better in the second half though.

Neale ✅
Bews ✅
Parfitt❌
There was one passage of play where he had 3 options all about 10m away. Standing still, Parfitt did about 3 360 turns, unsure who to give it to. By this time, he was tackled. A better attempt at a tackle should have had him holding the ball but as the tackle slipped down he was lucky enough to get a handball out to one of the 3 options he had in the first place. This indecision on his part happened several times. He needs to be more instinctive and give the first option. Was better in the second half though.
Did Stevens get injured? On the game thread someone said he was in a moon boot.

Neale ✅
Bews ✅
Parfitt❌
Bereft of confidence and has never been the same since he did his hammy vs the blues all those years ago..

Shame.. .. hope he gets rolling as when at his best can be very good

Go Catters

Did Stevens get injured? On the game thread someone said he was in a moon boot.
Was seen in boot after game at KP.. no news on how bad or what yet to my knowledge

Go Catters

Only saw the first half.

I will speak for Parfitt. He and Zac Jones for Sandy looked most AFL ready on the park.

Parfitt gathered plenty of ball early and yes he was very indecisive but his work with the ball improved from there.

He is unlikely to force his way past Bruhn, Clark, Bowes of course but he is better inside than most others. If he gets more hands away with first option he would be more dangerous. Anyway IMO we are lucky to have him as break glass option. And the VFL will be very competitive.

Knevitt's intensity impressed me. (It was a bit of a worry for me) But playing on a wing in VFL is a tough gig. Lots of unrewarded work. He is on track.

Conway continues to impress (against VFL quality). The first half highlight for me was a CB contest where the Sandy ruck decided to test him and charged straight at him. Result? Sandy lad on his back and Conway in an easy win. He will improve our senior side soon. Be good to hear how he ran out the game.

Neale is ready. His mobility will be a big asset against KPDs.

Humphries. Looks like a school kid to me. Needs time in the gym etc. But in the second quarter he got going and seemed to have the knack of timing runs to receive. He can kick nicely on both feet although to my eye the ball carried like it was a bit flat, not punchy.
He is a very good prospect.
Anyway.
I turned up mainly to watch Willis and Wiltshire but no luck. Was very keen to see how Wiltshire's bag of tricks measured up to Dempsey's , and I have only seen Willis play a quarter, ever, and was keen to see if he could reproduce that over 4 quarters.

VFL will be more fun this year.

On SM-G930U using BigFooty.com mobile app

Neale ✅
Bews ✅
Parfitt❌

He used to use his baulk and sidestep to evade and go forward..now he seems to use it to go sideways and backwards..its like hes scrambled in his head with what to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back