VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Concussion for Rohan he must have got that before he gave one back?
Week to recover, don't write him off, we need all the back ups fit in case of injury touch wood.

He could play well against kids because he was tougher than them, but I never saw anything other than a guy with a dip in him.

Very limited... not many tricks, size, speed, scoring ability, class or as much upside and that was my observations from the get-go with him prior to the draft.

If he wasn't from Geelong I doubt we would have taken him.

I really want him to prove me wrong.
Agreed 100%
Was very underwhelming. Too many got sucked in by the Selwood leadership qualities.

And Hawkins in all likelihood

I was hoping we'd see Tom working up the ground a bit more, get involved as a link player and not just be focused with staying within 70m of goal

General movement he looks ok, but he definitely looks slow when he's had to do a bit of chasing

If all he had to do in the seniors was plonk himself in the goal square & take forward 50 ruck contests, you could try to get away with it, but without perfect delivery I think AFL quality opposition defenders will make him look silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could play well against kids because he was tougher than them, but I never saw anything other than a guy with a dip in him.

Very limited... not many tricks, size, speed, scoring ability, class or as much upside and that was my observations from the get-go with him prior to the draft.

If he wasn't from Geelong I doubt we would have taken him.

I really want him to prove me wrong.
Flark me is there anything you do like in him?

Concussion for Rohan he must have got that before he gave one back?
Week to recover, don't write him off, we need all the back ups fit in case of injury touch wood.

Rohan always looks off when coming back from concussion

And considering its his second concussion in about 6 weeks, I doubt we see him again this year

He has had 4 touches, I know your thing is to try and analyse things, but objectively that is very worrying for an early pick in his second year

Sorry this is moronic. He's had about as much chance to win possessions as Hawkins. He's not getting the ball because he's not around the ball and our mids have no composure to get the ball to the outside.

He wasn’t close to selection before this, 0.001 % chance now.

I know, I said in case of injury, or someone sheets the bed badly- Prelim or GF.
Could be an emergency, we've seen this before with Rohan, everyone thinks he's gone, and the MC recalls him, only for him to save the day...that is he has the the capacity to save the day. Obviously others are better atm.
Want him fit and don't want players concussed for their own mental health and future.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back