VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re the epitome of a pathetic supporter
Some of us expect better than the loser culture that infested this club during the time your shit truck display pic represented us.

We've had a reasonably manageable I jury list all year leading to strong AFL representation at VFL level. Straight sets is unacceptable.

A few of the posters here should stfu re. Clark. Been really his first season and he looks spent. Has shown some great signs at AFL level and will be solid next year.

Kids is only just 20 ffs. Seriously, you’re a bunch of grubs

Someone said he shows no class which is not true.
He's quick, tough and shows excellent class but he does need to bulk up so it translates into the AFL.
He's another year away but certainly a very promising prospect.

Someone said he shows no class which is not true.
He's quick, tough and shows excellent class but he does need to bulk up so it translates into the AFL.
He's another year away but certainly a very promising prospect.

I agree clark needs a tank and more body strength but hes all class. Will be a player.

Geez l hope some of these 17 afl listed players turn up for work after halftime embarrassing if they don’t.

I wonder how many already know they will be chopped at seasons end because they play like it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of us expect better than the loser culture that infested this club during the time your shit truck display pic represented us.

We've had a reasonably manageable I jury list all year leading to strong AFL representation at VFL level. Straight sets is unacceptable.

We use the VFL for development and have developed players that have taken us to a home prelim. Your tantrum is the very epitome of "loser culture".

Yep.

Said it earlier elsewhere.....I love Tommy, but if we play him in the seniors he'll inadvertently kill our movement in the forward line because his lack of movement will cause the boys to just bomb it on his head, which is far too easy to predict and repel.

When Wiltshire got caught holding the ball early in the first, could see that he wanted to keep the ball moving but the only player in front of him was Hawkins

Even with Tom trying to get back to the forward 50, his opponent was comfortable leading him and Wiltshire had no one to kick to which is why was then in two minds & caught

If it was the seniors with Cameron, Neale or Stengle running into the 50, that ball would have been kicked into space for them to try and run on to

Hawkins would likely win any wrestling contests (and maybe hold the mark), but that's so far from how we've been playing over recent months and not sure it works with our ball movement & chaos ball we see

I'm glad to have seen Tom get back for today, but I don't see him earning a recall - that's not too do with the scoreboard, just what I've seen from Tom himself

Rohan is now done for the year imo and with us having no vfl games after this week i think hawk and guthrie have run out of time.

I think sdk will be back in the 1s for the prelim though.

You can see why parfitt is done at afl level, too slow with decision making and burns the ball.
Clark has been really good as has knevitt and nice signs from wiltshire imo.

We use the VFL for development and have developed players that have taken us to a home prelim. Your tantrum is the very epitome of "loser culture".

This is a team largely full of developing kids and southport are stacked with mature bodies and ex afl players. Its not unexpected.

They are quick over the ground. Our mids and small defenders are not quick.

When we have the win is no system at all, and it's like watching paint dry.

Foster doing better but missed 2. Other AFL personnel looking like they had a post game celebration that went on all day Friday after AFL win.

We've had a reasonably manageable I jury list all year leading to strong AFL representation at VFL level. Straight sets is unacceptable

If the focus of the past fortnight was the on field results, we wouldn't have run out with Guthrie, SDK, Hawkins, O'Connor etc

The focus instead is clearly on best preparation for the seniors finals campaign, even if that's at the expense of winning through in the VFL

Rohan is now done for the year imo and with us having no vfl games after this week i think hawk and guthrie have run out of time.

I think sdk will be back in the 1s for the prelim though.

You can see why parfitt is done at afl level, too slow with decision making and burns the ball.
Clark has been really good as has knevitt and nice signs from wiltshire imo.

I think Guthrie will be sub in the prelim. He looks like he's covering the ground fine and he still has 2 weeks of training until then. It'll be interesting to see if he plays the full match.

Agree on Hawk. Can't risk such a critical role and structure change with him underdone.

It's SDK or Stanley for mine. Structurally can't play both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s it. Attacking an avatar of a player from 40 years ago.

That defines loser right there. You need help

When Wiltshire got caught holding the ball early in the first, could see that he wanted to keep the ball moving but the only player in front of him was Hawkins

Even with Tom trying to get back to the forward 50, his opponent was comfortable leading him and Wiltshire had no one to kick to which is why was then in two minds & caught

If it was the seniors with Cameron, Neale or Stengle running into the 50, that ball would have been kicked into space for them to try and run on to

Hawkins would likely win any wrestling contests (and maybe hold the mark), but that's so far from how we've been playing over recent months and not sure it works with our ball movement & chaos ball we see

I'm glad to have seen Tom get back for today, but I don't see him earning a recall - that's not too do with the scoreboard, just what I've seen from Tom himself

Totally agree.

Cameron, Neale, Stengle, Ollie, Close, Miers and Dempsey create movement and unpredictability in our forward line, which creates more options as we enter the F50.

That stretches opposition defences.

Even if Tom's form were to justify it, his inclusion would bring a degree of confusion and stagnancy to our forward movement as players would change their running patterns and decision making in deference to him.

I think Guthrie will be sub in the prelim. He looks like he's covering the ground fine and he still has 2 weeks of training until then. It'll be interesting to see if he plays the full match.

Agree on Hawk. Can't risk such a critical role and structure change with him underdone.

With Stewart to return and possible SDK, I don't see making 3 changes from the team that defeated Port

Unless there's a number of injuries, don't see how Guthrie gets back this year - he's looked ok today, but he also looks like he's missed a lot of football with a few times the second efforts & needing to chase just not there

Getting training in is good, but the lack of actual match time will work against him

Hawkins doesnt work as he isnt moving that well it will wreck our structure and i wouldnt drop neale.

On guthrie yes he could possibly be in as sub for someone like bews or tuohy as hes better than both.
But its a huge risk (see rohan today) if somene gets inj early and he needs to play the full game. I wouldnt do it.

Sdk depends on opponent. Against syd you want him and stanley as they are tall up fwd plus grundy. Similar with gws and hogan and briggs.
Its more of a 50/50 call if its brisbane.

I'm watching this game a a practical optimist, you can't win them all and we are developing talent. We've already snatched a few from this team who are starring in the AFL. Look for the good today and what will grow. These boys are desperate to show their wares, even in a losing side.
And the practical approach? We need everyone fit. Think about Butters and his ribs, Holmes in 22, and other recent injuries to finals players, it happens.

I think people underestimate how hard it would be to coach an AFL club VFL team.
Imagine you are flying, finishing top 4 and playing good football, and you then lose your best 2/3/4 players to the AFL squad and have to completely change your team make up and system while still expecting the same results.
Not the easiest gig in the world.

Unacceptable points dropped v Footscray.
Unacceptable loss to Box Hill.

Bow out in straight sets and Corrigan should clean out his desk. Disgusting.

Not the easiest gig against clubs that play together week in week out ala the last two weeks. A few playing for themselves, as if team synergy isn’t hard enough already.

Agree with Art Vandelay_ re Corrigan
It is the coach's job to get the team basics right
Yet we see the same players making the same basic mistakes
Mark - Stop - kick ... not quick ball movement or handball
Holding ball in and riding the tackle looking for stoppage
Not working for hard defensively
All things a good coach should fix during a game

However Poor skills and bad decisions and lack of team synergy make it worse

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back