VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Knevitt has taken a step up in VFL-level output this year.

He hadn't had 30 touches until 2 weeks ago after 40 odd VFL games and has gotten 30 again today (not that getting 30 in the VFL is anything to go crazy about, but it is signs of progression for him).

I'd love for him to have an enormous pre-season and come out confident that he has the size, strength and fitness to match it at the top level.

Knevitt has taken a step up in VFL-level output this year.

He hadn't had 30 touches until 2 weeks ago after 40 odd VFL games and has gotten 30 again today (not that getting 30 in the VFL is anything to go crazy about, but it is signs of progression for him).

I'd love for him to have an enormous pre-season and come out confident that he has the size and strength to match it at the top level.

At least part of that is him playing as a full time mid only recently.

He cannot get off the ground. It could work with Neale playing high on the flank as Cameron is ridiculously agile but we would then have to remove a small and all of them are complementing each other perfectly right now.

He just looks too happy to get into a wrestling contest, or when leading into space it's out into the pocket

It's a role he's played so well in years past, but coaches & defenders were onto it this year and just started showing him no respect

I know we didn't have the most accurate night in front of goal on Thursday, but we looked to have a really good balance with players understanding their roles - I don't see how that's not upset if we try to tweak it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idk about Cuthrie, you can see his class is above this level but he's struggling to get much separation from his man.

He looks like someone who hasn't played a competitive match for nearly 4 months, and barely any football over the past 16 months

With even just 2 to 3 VFL games it would have been good to see where he was at, but with just the one match I'm not sure we could risk him in a final

He just looks too happy to get into a wrestling contest, or when leading into space it's out into the pocket

It's a role he's played so well in years past, but coaches & defenders were onto it this year and just started showing him no respect

I know we didn't have the most accurate night in front of goal on Thursday, but we looked to have a really good balance with players understanding their roles - I don't see how that's not upset if we try to tweak it

I understand the curiosity about Hawkins, and the need to ask the question via the VFL, but I hope the MC have now put a solid line through him, barring any significant injury.

He looks like someone who hasn't played a competitive match for nearly 4 months, and barely any football over the past 16 months

With even just 2 to 3 VFL games it would have been good to see where he was at, but with just the one match I'm not sure we could risk him in a final

We'd have to be desperate through injury to consider him.

Madness otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back