VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand the curiosity about Hawkins, and the need to ask the question via the VFL, but I hope the MC have now put a solid line through him, barring any significant injury.
I doubt MC are seriously considering Hawkins... but they can't come out and say he is not chance.

He also needs to do what he can to be ready in case of a couple of injuries.

Sadly this will be likely the last time we see Hawk in the hoops :(

If the focus of the past fortnight was the on field results, we wouldn't have run out with Guthrie, SDK, Hawkins, O'Connor etc

The focus instead is clearly on best preparation for the seniors finals campaign, even if that's at the expense of winning through in the VFL
Jeez Louise you really don't realise that this line of thinking is exactly what I said to you on Thursday only to receive a derp response of "Not sure any of those 3 have a spot in the senior team"

I said we needed to win today to give periphery players 2 matches before we get to PF weekend and now you're spewing that same logic back at me when I am disappointed we're throwing away top 4 in straight sets.

There's been a few times today, where just like that the opposition player has been able to create space on Guthrie who at the moment doesn't have the legs to go with him

He also blew up a bit after that chase and took himself to the bench

That'll be the main question mark over Guthrie today, because if he's struggling in the VFL when the tempo lifts just a bit, how's he going to cope with the extra pace of an AFL final

Just seems an indication of how much football he's missed since last year, and that no matter how much running you do on the training track, it doesn't replicate match conditions

There's been a few times today, where just like that the opposition player has been able to create space on Guthrie who at the moment doesn't have the legs to go with him

He also blew up a bit after that chase and took himself to the bench

That'll be the main question mark over Guthrie today, because if he's struggling in the VFL when the tempo lifts just a bit, how's he going to cope with the extra pace of an AFL final

Just seems an indication of how much football he's missed since last year, and that no matter how much running you do on the training track, it doesn't replicate match conditions
Yeah AFL final intensity might be too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that is certain, Geelong don't have any depth. This VFL team is pretty crook, even with SDK, Hawkins, Guthrie, Clark etc they are poor...O'Sullivan and Stevens won't make it. The whole team
can't kick over a jam tin....
Humphries and Mannagh getting promoted to the AFL has taken the wind out of their sails. Two huge exclusions at VFL level.

I would play De Koning over Kolodjashnij and maybe Guthrie over Tuohy or Duncan.

But then again, Kolo has been pretty good but we have the advantage of playing De Koning ruck to give Stanley a rest

Kolo has been better than pretty good. Covers big and small rotations and on form is a long way ahead of SDK as a backman.

SDK struggled in defence this year and just started to look alright in the ruck when he got injured. Given he’s played in the ruck today I think his only chance at coming into the team is for Stanley.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back