VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed If Cuthrie had a few more games available before a finals berth consideration, he'd absolutely be in the mix but too risky now surely?

He might've had a slim chance if he were to play next week, but he showed a clear lack of match fitness today.

Take him into a final and he'd blow up.

I thought that was the best game I've seen Knev play, drop this nonsense wing experiment they keep persisting with and let him play as a big campaigner inside mid where he should naturally be and we might have a player there

Those guys have all definitely played their last game for us.

Foster might have earnt himself a 1 year deal and willis is 50/50.
When I first watched Foster live it took me back to being a kid as he looked like a reserves plodder when even our seniors weren’t flash, mid 80’s. Only 19 though, I’d have Hawkins mentor him, give him an athletics coach and maybe just maybe he could surprise - definitely worth another season or two given we should be turning over 6-10 others.

I thought that was the best game I've seen Knev play, drop this nonsense wing experiment they keep persisting with and let him play as a big campaigner inside mid where he should naturally be and we might have a player there
If he can put on some more size and get a bit of a strut about him, it'll go a long way.

He needs to understand that he is bigger than just about all mids going around.

4th year in the system next year could see him surge as a player.

Needs some mongrel (been labelled as timid at times) and maybe some more muscle/bulk will give him that extra confidnece.

Also needs a haircut... Short back and sides... His current trim is soft as.

It's possible the club gave Cam a game in the 2's today purely to send him away this year with a game under his belt to build on over the summer and preseason.From what I seen it looked more about getting the kilometres up and the feel of a game.

Similar to what we did last year when he played in the final round of the VFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Friday nights kicking for goal was bad until I watched this.
Poor, couldn’t handle the pressure in this one.
Not great for us as it doesn’t give a few senior players another game now.
Bad loss that one
Yeah it was, really needed Hawk and Guth to play two games to get some sort of readiness if they are to be required.

Plus a prelim for the VFL guys would be great experience

This was his 6th game of football in 16.5 months, and his first game in 115 days - and it looked it because you could tell he lacked match conditioning

On Thursday night it was reported that he was meant to play VFL last weekend but was out due to covid - that may have also knocked the wind out of his sails a little

There's no doubt Cam is a class above VFL but it all comes down to match fitness & conditioning - and for all the work that can get down out on the training track, nothing truly replicates time out in the middle
It took me 3 months to get over a dose of Covid, but I'm a plump old man :rolleyes:

I would guess that SDK comes in if we play Brisbane
And Bews stays if we play either of the other two (not including Blues as almost impossible for them to make it)

What about Wiltshire?
Would he get another year?

Wiltshire is already contracted for next yr (2yr draftee deal). Given he spent 3/4 of the year injured we need more time to judge him showed some ok signs.

Apart from the over 30s vets its only hardie parfitt murdoch jeka clohesy foster and willis that are ooc.

Hardie parfitt are gone clohesy is a must retain and the rest are marginal but if we have 5-6 retirements plus parfitt i can see a couple of marginal guys surviving on 1 yr deals.

Well that's good to hear. When I've watched him at AFL level I keep wondering what people are seeing that I'm not.

Agreed If Cuthrie had a few more games available before a finals berth consideration, he'd absolutely be in the mix but too risky now surely?

Yeah i agree if guthrie had been back for 4 or 5 weeks id 100 % pick him as hes clear class. But 1 game only is too big a risk fitness wise.

If he can put on some more size and get a bit of a strut about him, it'll go a long way.

He needs to understand that he is bigger than just about all mids going around.

4th year in the system next year could see him surge as a player.

Needs some mongrel (been labelled as timid at times) and maybe some more muscle/bulk will give him that extra confidnece.

Also needs a haircut... Short back and sides... His current trim is soft as.

Needs a pre-season that focuses on power and explosiveness.

Smart player, can find the ball and is a great mark. So much there to like.

I like all of Clark, O'Sullivan, Clohesy and Knevitt. The first three all have plenty of growth left in them, and it feels like Knevitt just needs an easy kill at AFL level to boost his confidence. He's got that wiry build that will take plenty of time to fill out so maybe that's why he gets shunted out to the wing at AFL level - would like to see him get a full AFL game in the guts against a young team.
Thats exactly what he needs instead of playing wing in a side that gets smashed inside then getting dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back