VFL VFL Round 20 v Sydney - Friday August 9th @ Tramway Oval - 2:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams out tomorrow.

But we know that last game v Richmond, the 22rd man kid Oliver Warburton will play another game. Had 15 disposals v richmond, so he deserved another.

"Murray Bushrangers midfielder Ollie Warburton will also play at VFL level with Collingwood this weekend."

Given no Smit for another week, Boston Dowling might get a debut, otherwise we're using Liam Purcell/Ash and maybe Kreuger (if he doesnt play afl) as the rucks

200fe48ef0f263dd3d8f9469d0b9b5b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is Joe Richard’s playing both AFL and VFL
On the same day no less
Even if we name him sub in the AFL game and limited minutes in VFL, seems an odd thing doesn’t it?

How is Joe Richard’s playing both AFL and VFL
On the same day no less
Even if we name him sub in the AFL game and limited minutes in VFL, seems an odd thing doesn’t it?
Maybe just an error naming him in the VFL side?

I would have thought it a bit risky to play him at all in the VFL, just in case he had to come on early as sub in the AFL...

Maybe just an error naming him in the VFL side?

I would have thought it a bit risky to play him at all in the VFL, just in case he had to come on early as sub in the AFL...

Not even just the line up but the article too

3db42ac76cc8f327af960cc3c0932843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they just cannot spell Kreuger correctly, and Conor Willis is named on the bench and as an emergency in the VFL website version!
And the other week there were players not even mentioned in the outs who didn't play. They just went completely missing 🥴

Must be the work experience kid doing the team sheets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame about Harry Kennedy's foot injury. Has been a good recruit, but at least there are only a couple games left.

Speaking of foot injuries -- the one that Sofronidis did back in April must have been quite something, here we are 4 months later and havent seen him do more than run at training. Not even on the track last few weeks.

I think he has missed the boat for the afl tbh, between missing out on a SSP spot and now basically missing a whole VFL season.

Shame about Harry Kennedy's foot injury. Has been a good recruit, but at least there are only a couple games left.

Speaking of foot injuries -- the one that Sofronidis did back in April must have been quite something, here we are 4 months later and havent seen him do more than run at training. Not even on the track last few weeks.

I think he has missed the boat for the afl tbh, between missing out on a SSP spot and now basically missing a whole VFL season.
I forgot all about Sof.

I forgot all about Sof.
Yeah. He started well in the first couple games before his injury. I'm not sure if its just taking longer to heal or what. Straight line running is the only thing ive seen him do, and last time I saw him must have been..a month ago maybe.

Yeah. He started well in the first couple games before his injury. I'm not sure if its just taking longer to heal or what. Straight line running is the only thing ive seen him do, and last time I saw him must have been..a month ago maybe.
What injury did he actually do again? And when did they think he'd be back... don't recall them thinking it would be this long.

What injury did he actually do again? And when did they think he'd be back... don't recall them thinking it would be this long.
Stress fracture Only saw this, was meant to be July, But maybe its been slow to heal? Or had a setback.

SSP HOPEFULS TURN TO MID-SEASON DRAFT​

SAM Sofronidis' Mid-Season Rookie Draft prospects have taken a big blow with the mobile defender ruled out for the next few months after sustaining a stress fracture in his foot.

The 24-year-old trialled with Collingwood across most of the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP), before Essendon took a look at him late when the Magpies signed Josh Eyre just before the deadline.

Sofronidis joined Collingwood's VFL program after being overlooked by the Bombers and made a strong start to the season, but is now expected to be sidelined until July, impacting his chances of being selected on May 27.

Didn’t Will Kelly end up at Sydney VFL?
PS: Check out the size of their academy player debuting

Didn’t Will Kelly end up at Sydney VFL?
PS: Check out the size of their academy player debuting
Played 5 games by the looks of it, nothing since round 6. So either injured, travelling or given it up as it appears he has been doing modelling

Tall boy.
Key defender looks like.

Check out the size of our debutant. Good to see Dowling get a chance. He’ll be in for a tough day against Ladhams, hope he goes well.
I was drawn to a KPP, not another ruckman.
They will get their debutant, we may not, (even if we are interested).

Check out the size of our debutant. Good to see Dowling get a chance. He’ll be in for a tough day against Ladhams, hope he goes well.
Definitely a big task for the kid. And guess Kreuger helps him out in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL Round 20 v Sydney - Friday August 9th @ Tramway Oval - 2:05pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back