VFL VFL v Essendon - Sunday April 23rd @ Vic Park. 12pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Another terrible call. Wasn’t a throw, and results in an Essendon rebound goal.

I can’t remember seeing such a poor standard of umpiring.
I know it's the VFL but there's a severe shortage of umpires. The crisis is far worse than any player shortages that exist. In some areas, including where I play, they're asking clubs to provide umpires because that's how desperate they are. Sure, VFL should be afforded precedence but there still have to be people willing and wanting to.

I know some guy who got asked to umpire VFL and they were flying him over from Tasmania. Made his VFL umpiring debut this weekend. There's probably some development pathway they have with AFL Tasmania but it's still indicative of how short they are given once upon a time, that never existed.

I know it's the VFL but there's a severe shortage of umpires. The crisis is far worse than any player shortages that exist. In some areas, including where I play, they're asking clubs to provide umpires because that's how desperate they are. Sure, VFL should be afforded precedence but there still have to be people willing and wanting to.

I know some guy who got asked to umpire VFL and they were flying him over from Tasmania. Made his VFL umpiring debut this weekend. There's probably some development pathway they have with AFL Tasmania but it's still indicative of how short they are given once upon a time, that never existed.
I suppose the 4 field umps at the AFL-level just made it worse at every other level too.

Last week wasn’t much better. Tbh, it almost makes the VFL unwatchable.
Yeah I experienced last weeks debacle firsthand. That second quarter was something else. Every Box Hill inside 50 = free kick Box Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back