Toast VS Collingwood review megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

He also gave Morris 2nd worst on ground though. Not sure Morris was 2nd worst on ground.
Mehh ... Carey's a forward who probably still hates defenders. And key defenders seldom rack up big numbers (Lake excepted). If that's 2nd worst on ground I'll take it almost every week.

Just thought I would throw some stats out regarding Jason Tutt's stats in the seniors so far this year. His averages are extremely promising...

5th best in tackles
Equal 2nd with Jonesy in Goals scored per game
3rd most inside 50's per game
Best goal accuracy at the club.

Really promising signs from KING TUTT shown so far lets hope he continues to hit the scoreboard!!

I think yesterday was an indication that we are most definitely on the right track there will still be bumps in the road big and small but im convinced that we are fine now

On Austin yesterday not sure if anyone noticed but he was actually playing on Luke Ball while he was at Half Forward and did pretty freaking well

I thought roughead and Morris were terrible yesterday
Why exactly? I agree they were beaten by their opponents though Picken started on Elliot, don't know how much damage he did on Morris and who Morris' opponent was to start with

Macrae's vision and composure more than makes up for his non-elite kicking. He certainly isn't a poor kick and most of his kicks go close even if they don't hit the target.

Quite right , anybody disappointed with this kid knows nothing about football.
I would love him to kick like Gilbee , but his kicking is more than ok when you add his footy smarts to it.
What a great kid he is !

Why exactly? I agree they were beaten by their opponents though Picken started on Elliot, don't know how much damage he did on Morris and who Morris' opponent was to start with
Morris got beaten by several opponents , roughead got beaten by cloke when he was on him and rougheads decision making and disposal were poor , roughead is overrated by bulldogs fans on here

Roughy was fantastic yesterday I thought, either Easton wood or Austin should have gone 3rd man up when cloke kicked his fifth and Cloke was in absolute beast mode yesterday, he was kicking goals from everywhere. On a normal day he kicks 3.4 and we all praise roughy for being an AA defender. Collingwood really only kicked it to cloke and I'm interested to see how many times that had cloke as the forward target that they kicked too. Roughy also had Cloke after on a wet sail as generally if Cloke starts the game well then he generally has a big one and he dominated Morris in the first quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris got beaten by several opponents , roughead got beaten by cloke when he was on him and rougheads decision making and disposal were poor , roughead is overrated by bulldogs fans on here
I'm pretty sure Cloke only kicked 2 on Roughead. His kicking was worse than it usually is, but both that and his decision making are usually excellent.
Far from overrated on here.

By the way, Bonts definitely took a step last night. Showed some great signs. But the love from the Ch 7 commentators was way over the top. He missed a lotta lotta targets and showed blinkers plenty of times too.

Not that I'm having a go at him. He played like a promising 5 gamer is expected to - a few good signs, lots of stuff-ups. Now he needs to keep applying himself and improving. Nothing more, nothing less. The way Ch 7 were carrying on, you'd think he dominated the afternoon.

By contrast, I also thought Macrae took another step. A step up from excellent kid to Top 100 player. There were 4 or 5 exquisite passages of play from him. And plenty of solid ones - he is ironing out most of the stuff-ups. And yes, it's true that Ch 7 had a bit of love for him too. But not enough in my book. Unlike Bonts, I DID think Macrae was announcing himself last night. He is improving at such a rapid clip!

Worst game I have seen from Morris I think ? so agree there.
But are you saying Roughy is no good ? If you are , I am speechless !

We have to pay homage to Minno's ruckwork in that last 90 seconds.

7 points up. From the ball up Minno dropped the ball to his feet. Wallis and Libba pounced on it but don't drag it in to give a free away. Umpires whistle.. 8 seconds wasted. Another ball-up. Minno drops the ball to his feet again. Libba and Walls pounce on it again. Another stalemate. Another 8 seconds wasted. Umpire balls up again ...

Great stuff fellas.

Also, did you see that match when Jones got suspended, that was his turning point. Pity the coach didn't see that otherwise Jones would have been in last week and we would have won.

My boy Tutty, yay go Tutty, elite pace, elite long accurate kicking. Burn that grass up Tutty. Poke 'em in the eye.

Really pleased by Jones' performance yesterday. I was convinced by Jones' triple good game stretch earlier in the season, so I'm not surprised. But I'm glad he could shut up a few more of the doubters.

Oh, and is Grant one of the most under-rated players in the league or what? Him playing well is massively important to our forward line. It is no coincidence that he is one of the common elements of our best games of the last 2 years. Even yesterday when I felt he had a serious impact, the commentators were pretty much ignoring him.

If we do get ourselves together one day, Grant will cause more headaches for our opposition than anyone else.

Great stuff fellas.

Also, did you see that match when Jones got suspended, that was his turning point. Pity the coach didn't see that otherwise Jones would have been in last week and we would have won.

My boy Tutty, yay go Tutty, elite pace, elite long accurate kicking. Burn that grass up Tutty. Poke 'em in the eye.

Both Macca and Jones have said he needed to work on his fitness especially since he couldn't play for three weeks so the extra week helped him. Jones said the fitness staff smashed him and it was like a mini-preseason so I think yesterday showed it's already paying off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast VS Collingwood review megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back