Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Enright is one of the best of all time in the position he plays. If they re-did the AFL Team of the Century he'd be right in the frame for one of the back pocket spots. He does look like he's getting on a bit but that goal he kicked from 50 was class. I've loved Bartel over the journey as well but like Enright, Kelly and others does look to be slowing down which is only to be expected at this stage of their careers.
As for Mackie he is an absolute campaigner. Two of my favourite moments in the game was Mackie kicking over the head of Bicavs for Goldys goal and Cunners giving him the trademark fend off on the wing, nothing better than watching the game go past that campaigner after his attitude towards our club over the years.
Hope after the match, our guys made sure Mackie was in earshot and suggested the win was ok but it was just against Geelong who have too many old hacks who are past it.

There is no doubt he deserved some free kicks.

But his terrible going to ground efforts in the second half, reversing boomers free with utter stupidity and so on negated all his early good work.

He was a complete liability in the second half.

He was held for just about all of it.

The three goals in the first quarter had them rattled.

Then they literally held him for the rest of the night.

You say that you're annoyed with how he played. Lindsay has every right to be incredibly aggrieved with the way he was completely molested off the ball.

Those green maggots pay 1 goddam free kick for holding and they back off. Instead he's tackled when attempting to mark, he's held off the ball through fear.

As for the reversal, where was the reversal when Porkins smashed Spud? It wasn't reveresed, nor should the Boomer thing have been.

Positives:
  • Todd Goldstein. I felt more relief when he took that mark than when the siren went. Everyone knew that was game over. Can't put Forrest Gump up against a competitive beast like Goldy.
  • Black's marking.
  • Ziebell composure and the return of his long goals.
  • Dal Santo with the ball.
  • Wright is just playing beautiful football.
  • Pressure. Petrie, Ziebell, Turner.
  • Big Peach having a big ******* game. Kept going off his great 4th quarter last week and if he keeps it up will give us our best chance of winning next week.
  • We're in the ******* prelim!!!!!
Negatives:
  • Possibly be without Harvey next week. Thought he was a bit off last night too.
  • Black's goal-kicking.
  • Dal Santo without the ball.
  • Taking the foot off the gas. That could have been a resounding victory. Lost intimidation factor going up to Sydney.
  • Bastinac had no impact as sub. Tried to work his way into the game rather than impose himself on it. Adams or Jacobs as sub next week.
  • Ordinary effort from our tall defenders. They're too competitive to not bounce back though.
  • Jmac potential hamstring.
  • NMFC almost causing my heart to explode.
Just want to mention this one. After months of lacking confidence in his marking, that contested mark on the goal line was massive. We haven't seen him take a big contested grab for who knows how long. Really hope he can carry that into next week. Despite the missed goals (none were gimmies), his last quarter was very encouraging. The SYdney H&A game was just about his best for the year, so look forward to a repeat performance of that.

Those going to ground efforts are because he was dragged to the ground.

Even that idiot Harley said those should have been free kicks.

They were scared.

If he was given a clear run at the ball he would have torn them to shreds.

Fantastic team performance.

The tackling and intensity a real credit to them, and I thought Scott had the match ups pretty right.

Take Thomas off for last half and we win by plenty.

Disgraceful, he nearly cost us the game. Pull your head in for gods sake and just play the bloody ball.
I have a feeling a private conversation will take place this week.....but LT with 3 x 1st qtr goals got the boys fired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JFK flinched less than this when the bullet went through his brain.
Reckon he's been practicing that look and move in the mirror since he was a kid.

Think Travis Bickle but wearing a skirt.

"Did you see that ump, did you see that??????"

A couple of things i didn't like :

Allowing opposition red time goals, the one with 1 second left on the clock really hurt,
Why kick to a contest up the line late in Q's ?, when holding posession/ icing the clock is the best option,
Giving umpires the option of reversing a free kick, which they absolutely love exercising,

A couple of things i didn't like :

Allowing opposition red time goals, the one with 1 second left on the clock really hurt,
Why kick to a contest up the line late in Q's ?, when holding posession/ icing the clock is the best option,
Giving umpires the option of reversing a free kick, which they absolutely love exercising,
I like ya thinking Mutts but this group is far from perfect mate......its all the experience. We lost what was a record amount of games last season by less than 10 points. That has stopped and Im sure we will improve shutting out the opposition .....ala foot on throat, then stretch .

Just watched the last 2 minutes again.

Are you not allowed to drop kick in the AFL anymore?
Not when you're getting tackled as far as I know. Otherwise you could drop the ball and just try and kick it before the second bounce

there was bad umpiring both ways last night.....Grima deliberately went over the line, didnt get pinged.......Goldy around the neck Blicavs second centre bounce of the game.....a case can be said both ways. The that centre bounce infringement still has me scratching my head. That alone will take that umpire out of calculations for remaining games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back