Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved that first quarter, and Jack in the last. Then it's a bit of a blur, a lot of relief, and one of the most fun post-games I can remember - leaning over the balcony on N with a whole lot of others, singing the song with supporters on the bottom level who were turning around and looking up at us. And then singing with the players, when it seemed like 40,000 of us sang as one. That felt like a home crowd, can't remember seeing so much blue and white and hearing so many of us in a big crowd.

I agree H2H - it did feel like a home game. I don't think I've ever experienced so much man love. And I'm a male. There was one big guy there in M2 with an eyebrow piercing who high fived me several times and then wanted a hug a few minutes later. He was just drunk and happy - who can blame him.

I high five dozens of people after the siren as well, had random conversations about how good X was, and how sh** those umpires were, and so on. And my god, how many times did we sing the song?? Amazing feeling, totally different from the week before, and I didn't really feel relief at the end, just elation that we won, and where we are now - TOP FOUR! In a final, who cares how much you win by or under what circumstances.

My voice is gone, I sound like the Marlborough from those 70s smoking commercials. My bedrooms is adorned with all of the North gear I wore last night, carefully laid out in a shrine to the great things our boys are doing at the moment. Have texted numerous friends and family, have not been this happy ever I think since the 70s. Reason being: I was living in the US when we won in 96 and 99 and while I was deliriously happy with the flags, there was no atmosphere at home or at work because I couldn't talk to anyone. Now, here, reminders are everywhere, and I'm going to finals that we're winning.

It's hugely exciting. Go North. :)

Fantastic team performance.

The tackling and intensity a real credit to them, and I thought Scott had the match ups pretty right.

Take Thomas off for last half and we win by plenty.

Disgraceful, he nearly cost us the game. Pull your head in for gods sake and just play the bloody ball.

As much as I left last night anxious about our defence after the last fifteen minutes, I'm now watching the replay and remembering we held Geelong brilliantly in the second quarter especially.

Hawkins was marking everything, except when you watch the replay he didn't. Some magnificent defensive positioning by North in the frantic scramble.

I don't think I've ever lost more respect for one player than I did last night for Selwood.

His off the ball bullshit, to his flopping incident with LT, to his dobbing on Boomer. What a ducking (pun maybe intended) joke.

Enjoy you holiday duck stick!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic team performance.

The tackling and intensity a real credit to them, and I thought Scott had the match ups pretty right.

Take Thomas off for last half and we win by plenty.

Disgraceful, he nearly cost us the game. Pull your head in for gods sake and just play the bloody ball.

You do understand that holding a player off the ball is against the rules.

The holding frees get paid and he kicks 6.

Only negative i have was getting the ****ing train home, what a ****ing nightmare.

Other then that, you ****ing BEAUTY!!!. First time attending a final, what an atmosphere what a feeling.

We are in a Prelim, we are in a ****ing Prelim!!

Nothing to fear next week boys, throw everything at them.
****ing A :thumbsu:

Fox Caption: Some theatrics from Joel Selwood wins a free kick.

167165-508eece8-3a7b-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

Didn't even see Bartel go off the ground! Great effort to get changed, put the scarf on and make it down to the front row:thumbsu:

Team win.

Almost a flawless 1st quarter. Came out firing on all cylinders.

Lots of improvement still in our forwards and despite improved delivery the designated defenders had a bit of a horror run late in the game.

But we did enough this time to build a big enough buffer to withstand the onslaught (and umpires).

Hard to comprehend still! Did the last 2 weeks really happen?

The fantastic thing is our squad suddenly has 2 finals under their belt. That experience is immeasurable. It'll whet the appetite and steel the group like nothing else. Already good players like Ziebell, Goldstein and even Petrie get validation that they're the real deal contributing in a finals win.

Then you have players like Wright, Turner, Brown et al who are either emerging or erratic getting a massive dose of 'growing up' experience by making their mark in a winning final.

Just huge, huge boosts to the squad's development.

But that's a nice bonus. We play for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back