State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t sleep on Subi’s midfield. Led by Regan Mott. They are second for a reason and if Mott can step up and be the leader of the midfield like he was on the weekend with 24 impactful disposals and a goal, I think they can give Claremont a fright.
Mott has gone up in my estimations lately. He needed to be more than a 15 disposal mid. It seems he is now. I added him to the Over ager list this week.

For those who haven't seen him - he isn't overly tall.....maybe 180-181cm. But for a bulky squat fellow, he's got tremendous pace - surprising pace and is quite difficult to tackle. He can shrug those tacklers aside.

For Subiaco's sake he needs to get 20+ disposals every game from now on. As do Aven Drewett and Tom MacGillivray. Toby Jones is a revelation but won't be available much due to PSA and I reckon Charlie Burke must occasionally start in the centre square.

Mott has gone up in my estimations lately. He needed to be more than a 15 disposal mid. It seems he is now. I added him to the Over ager list this week.

For those who haven't seen him - he isn't overly tall.....maybe 180-181cm. But for a bulky squat fellow, he's got tremendous pace - surprising pace and is quite difficult to tackle. He can shrug those tacklers aside.

For Subiaco's sake he needs to get 20+ disposals every game from now on. As do Aven Drewett and Tom MacGillivray. Toby Jones is a revelation but won't be available much due to PSA and I reckon Charlie Burke must occasionally start in the centre square.
Frazer Rickson is also flying under the radar. Second in the competition for Hit outs and 7th for total tackles while winning tons of his own ball following up from ruck contests. This Subiaco midfield shouldn’t be discredited.

Frazer Rickson is also flying under the radar. Second in the competition for Hit outs and 7th for total tackles while winning tons of his own ball following up from ruck contests. This Subiaco midfield shouldn’t be discredited.
I rate Rickson highly and he features on the WA 2025 Draft thread elsewhere on this site.

I think he has potential to make the WA state 18's next year as a key position player. If Subiaco can afford the luxury of taking him out of the ruck. 196cm probably isn't tall enough to make it as a modern day ruckman beyond WAFL level.

But to attain that, he has to work on his kicking technique. It can be awkward at times but I believe it is easily fixable. I'm certain I'm not saying anything he isn't aware of already.

To me it's just a matter of dropping the ball onto boot 4-8 inches further out from his body. This will allow him to get much more of a powerful extension of his right leg through the pill thus allowing for more control, more compactness and less margin for a shin connection. The great Murray Couper would have it sorted out in 1 hour.

Of course, the shorter the kick the more the right arm as it holds the ball will be bent at the elbow with no extension of the arm and thus the leg.

As I said, I'm a Rickson fan. It's his competitiveness and tenacity that is most impressive and as you say at colts level he does get his hand on the ruck tap consistently. I'm looking forward to wantching his progress. (And a super smooth new kicking technique)

Last edited:

WAFL Colts Round 17 game of the Week. Perth v Peel at Mineral Resouces Park/Lathlain, Saturday July 27 at 9.15am WA/11.15 am Vic https://streamer.com.au/match/3802

None of the matches pit two top sides against each other, so it was a hard decision to choose Perth v Peel.

Perth are making a charge for the top 3 and Peel have many players of interest for recruiters so it's an interesting contest.

In Cooper Moore, Perth have arguably the best midfielder in the competition, even at his advertised 170cm. He just wants the ball in his hands more than other players and his short stature means that he has the zip and nip to outpace and outmanoeuvre most opponents. in Just five matches due to injury he's accumulated 27, 28, 27, 28 and 28. Fellow mids Mitchell Keene, Brodie McLean (sometimes back) and Chazzon Foss are able support.

The Perth forward line is interesting. Robert Warrell (P) is an efficient small forward who doesn't stray far from goal and makes the most of limited chances. I don't necessarily think that he is the type of player that will elude 3 or 4 players and kick a magical goal but he's smart and doesn't miss too many shots.

Allies rep Taj Stanley (P) is unavailable up forward for Perth after impressive recent form but 2023 WA state 16's squad member Cooper Shord (P) is a very talented replacement, who hasn't fired yet but is more than capable. Below ager Koby Evans (P) who showed some glimpses of real skill for the WA 18's this year is always a danger as in front of the sticks as well.

A lot of folks here would also be familiar with dashing WA 18's defender Loch MacTaggart (P), below age smaller mid Jadd Hill (P), as well as trusty big defender Liam Cooley (P), below age defender Rohan Keys (P), the improving full back Jacob Roberts (P) and hard working Josh Denney (P) who always rucks against bigger opponents.

For Peel, they will obviously miss Bo Allan who is part of their league premiershp bid now. From What I can see mids Kyelan Sanders and Deian Roberts are also unavalable and we are stiil awaiting the return of WA defender Darcy Petersen. In fairness, Perth have Baxter Gray, Preston Cherry-Bayles and Dale Sutherland unavailable due to PSA plus Stanley as mentioned earlier.

The thing I'm most looking forward to with Peel is their forward line. Tall Indigenous forward Ryan Bizzell is quite quickly becoming a serious rookie chance. Fremantle have him as an NGA but I would assume every recruiter is on to him now.

Basil Hart is another Fremantle NGA and has shown signs that he is getting into some good form. Throw in the mercurial Lukas Jakovich and the diminutive below ager Brodyn Robinson and that is a seriously potent and entertaining forward line.

Other players to watch for Peel include workmanlike ruck Tye Kemp, busy mid Will York, tall-ish below age full back Noah Midani, hard running defender Tom Smedley, athletic midfield accumulator Jaden Funazzi, the gangly tall competitor Jude Axford, state utility player Matthew Becker and Aboriginal star Cuba Garlett, who has had some concussion issues this season unfortunately.

Perth M V Ave G
1-Cassius Hill** (P) - - ---- -
3-Cooper Moore (P) 5 54 10.80 1
4-Chris Jordan (P) 2 - ---- -
5-Nate Tomasini** (P) 10 4 0.40 -
7-James Cameron** (P) 10 2 0.20 4
8-Chazzon Foss (P) 9 7 0.77 -
9-Robert Warrell (P) 11 39 3.54 31
11-Mitchell Keene+ (P) 11 33 3.00 1
14-Kai Millington (P) - - ---- -
15-Brodie McLean+ (P) 10 23 2.30 1
16-William Tilbee** (P) 10 13 1.30 2
17-Luc Carles** (P) 6 5 0.83 1
18-Declan Power** (P) - - ---- -
22-Seth Clark (P) 7 4 0.57 1
24-Tomas Waite+ (P) 9 10 1.11 -
25-Jadd Hill** (P) 7 36 5.14 2
26-Cooper Shord** (P) 4 - ---- 2
28-Rohan Keys** (P) 7 16 2.28 1
29-Gus Doran (P) 5 - ---- 1
30-Ben Clarke+ (P) 5 - ---- -
31-Liam Cooley (P) 8 20 2.50 -
32-Josh Denney (P) 11 12 1.09 4
33-Koby Evans** (P) 10 8 0.80 8
37-Jacob Roberts (P) 12 15 1.25 -
42-Nathan Cameron (P) 12 13 1.08 6
45-Loch MacTaggart (P) 4 15 3.75 -
48-Blake Darmody** (P) 4 - ---- -
V
Peel M V Ave G
1-Brodyn Robinson** (PT) 8 7 0.87 8
2-Basil Hart** (PT) 8 11 1.37 6
3-Ashton Harris (PT) 10 1 0.10 -
5-Matthew Becker** (PT) 8 - ---- 2
9-Tom Smedley (PT) 10 36 3.60 5
10-Jaden Funazzi (PT) 10 35 3.50 5
11-Jesse Grant (PT) 8 10 1.25 -
13-Will York** (PT) 9 17 1.88 4
14-Lukas Jakovich (PT) 10 3 0.30 14
15-Bradley Braedon** (PT) - - ---- -
17-Nicholas Clifton** (PT) 8 6 0.75 5
18-Lachlan Birch** (PT) 8 12 1.50 -
20-Luke Bennett (PT) 8 3 0.37 -
21-Bronson Martin (PT) 9 19 2.11 3
22-Jack Watson (PT) 3 - ---- 1
25-Blair Robins (PT) 10 3 0.30 3
26-Cooper Kelly+ (PT) 9 11 1.22 4
29-Lexcen King** (PT) 2 - ---- 1
30-Dylan Calcott (PT) 4 3 0.75 1
32-Mitchell Van Nus** (PT) 1 - ---- -
33-Cuba Garlett+ (PT) 3 - ---- -
34-Lachlan Hart+ (PT) 8 - ---- 2
40-Jude Axford+ (PT) 10 35 3.50 1
42-Noah Midani** (PT) 7 7 1.00 -
43-Ryan Bizzell (PT) 4 12 3.00 6
45-Tye Kemp+ (PT) 11 51 4.63 5

Last edited:
Any chance Robert Warrell gets a look in? Highlights look good and he seems to regularly hit the scoreboard and provide consistently good tackle numbers
I'm not sure. I guess he doesn't have the mercurial skills of Malakai. But the other Perth forwards often spread outside which allows him to be a leading traditional full forward, allbeit a small one and he kicks straight. I don't think he is capable of playing high half forward and accumulating 20 or 25 touches either. But he is getting the score on the board and maybe he can be a rookie chance.

I noticed when writing down the team lists for this game that Malakai is making his league debut for Subiaco. That will be fun to watch.

I'm not sure. I guess he doesn't have the mercurial skills of Malakai. But the other Perth forwards often spread outside which allows him to be a leading traditional full forward, allbeit a small one and he kicks straight. I don't think he is capable of playing high half forward and accumulating 20 or 25 touches either. But he is getting the score on the board and maybe he can be a rookie chance.

I noticed when writing down the team lists for this game that Malakai is making his league debut for Subiaco. That will be fun to watch.

Ah righto, so he isn't really playing as a traditional crumbing forward, more lead up?

Interesting about Malakai, he strikes me as the sort of player who is going to be better suited to higher levels of footy where he can feed off players with more experience.

Ah righto, so he isn't really playing as a traditional crumbing forward, more lead up?

Interesting about Malakai, he strikes me as the sort of player who is going to be better suited to higher levels of footy where he can feed off players with more experience.
A little of both crumb and lead up. Perth don't have a single tall forward, so they have to adapt. That in itself presents the opposition with a problem because they pick their usual tall defenders who have nobody to match-upon.

Yeah, I wonder if Subiaco are elevating Malakai because their colts have a bye. It will certainly hurt their colts premiership chances if he is taken away permanently. By that I mean if he stays at league level and Subi colts drop to 4th or 5th, then it get's tough.

A little of both crumb and lead up. Perth don't have a single tall forward, so they have to adapt. That in itself presents the opposition with a problem because they pick their usual tall defenders who have nobody to match-upon.

Yeah, I wonder if Subiaco are elevating Malakai because their colts have a bye. It will certainly hurt their colts premiership chances if he is taken away permanently. By that I mean if he stays at league level and Subi colts drop to 4th or 5th, then it get's tough.
I do not see the reasoning of why Subi are predicted to fall so low. They are 3 games clear of Swans in 4th place and have a highly talented forward line which just beginning to fire and are finally hitting their straps. With some PSA talent to come back into the lineup in the back half of the season they can be dangerous contenders.

I do not see the reasoning of why Subi are predicted to fall so low. They are 3 games clear of Swans in 4th place and have a highly talented forward line which just beginning to fire and are finally hitting their straps. With some PSA talent to come back into the lineup in the back half of the season they can be dangerous contenders.
The thing is Subiaco have a bye this weekend, then finish against Swan Dist (4th), Perth (5th), West Perth (3rd) and Claremont (1st). That's a tough run home. They have to win two.

Last edited:
Davis 16 touches in the seniors.
Very solid game and looked more than up to the level. Great experience for him and Champion who also made his league debut for Subiaco. Watched both their games. Won't be surprised if we don't see either of them back at Colts for a few weeks. Would like to see Gerreyn and Urquhart get some League experience. Recruiters really like seeing potential draftees at senior level so I think would help both of their draft chances if they were able to get the opportunity. Particularly Gerreyn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006 DOB/2024 Draft/WA 18's contenders in colts/PSA Round 17 update
1=Kayle Gerreyn (WP)
1=Bo Allan (PT)
3=Luke Urquhart (EF/PSA)
3=Hamish Davis (CL)

5-Hugh Boxshall (CL/PSA)
6-Malakai Champion (S)
7-Luke Cotellessa (SD/PSA)

8-Cody Angove (CL)
9-Charlie Burke (S)
10-Clancy Dennis (CL/PSA)
11-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
12-William Akec (EP/PSA)
13-Jaxon Artemis (SF/PSA)

14-Ryan Bizzell (PT)
15-Loch MacTaggart (P/PSA)
16-Austin Van Der Struyf (CL)
17-Robert Warrell (P)

18-Darcy Petersen (PT)
19-Andre Gulluni (EP)
20-Cooper Moore (P)
21-William Hayes (CL/Inj-NA)
22-Jaxon Douglas (CL)
23-Anthony Hansen (SD)
24-Orlando Keleman (SF)
25-Chayse Martinson (SD)
26-Jack Wooden (WP)
27-Otis Harvey (SD)
28-Colby McDonald (SD)
29-Deian Roberts (PT)
30-Tom.Bell (SF)
31-Trent Hiscock (WP)
32-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
33-Thomas Cathcart (SD)
34-Declan Pauline (EF)
35-Toby Jones (S/PSA)
36-Koopa Walsh (S)
37-Tom Smedley (PT)
38-Xavier Hickey (S)
39-Jaden Funazzi (PT)
40-Liam Cooley (P)
41-Jake Soutar (EP)
42-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
43-Hudson Pivac (SF)
44-Hayden Windsor (S)
45-Jesse Grant (PT)
46-Preston Cherry-Bayles (P/PSA)

47-Tore Nelson (S/PSA)
48-Ned Reiger (SD/PSA)
49-Ashton Warner (EF/PSA)
50=Bailey Morgan (EF/PSA)
50=Jezurahn Balacky (CL)

50=Joel Brown (PT)

NA-Joseph Hopkyns (CL/Inj)
NA-Max Burbury (CL/PSA/Inj)
NA-Kindrael Hooker (EF/Inj)
NA-Jye Sander (EF/Inj)

Others To Keep an Eye on: Harrison Creighton (SD), Carlos Partington (SD), Elijah Huddlestone (SD), Jake Austin (EF), Riley Longson (EP/PSA), Liam Hrarbar (SD), James Meszaros (P/PSA), Tre Healey (SF), Max Donnelly (EP)

Note: I would have Taj Stanley (P) somewhere between 35-50 in the WA list but he is an Allies player from NT. A very handy forward.

Overagers to keep an eye on: (Potentially will play colts 2024)

1-Max Rohr (CL)
2-Bailey.Banfield (CL)
3-Aiden Riddle (CL)
4-Evan Smith (SD)
5-Jett Sibosado (CL)

6-Sullivan Moody (CL)
7-Cuba Garlett (PT)
8-Adam De Masi (EP)
9-Kieren Douglas (S)

10-Cruz Woodley (SD)
11-Zaid Buckland (SD)

12-Kobe Austin (EF)
13-Presley Campbell (EF)
14-Zac Petersen (EF)
15-Elijah Stockden (EF)
16-Campbell Knox (CL)

17-Jack Eastaugh (EF)
18-Max York (SD)

19-Lucas Naylies-Pereira (EP/Inj-NA)
20-Liam Clarke (P/Inj-NA)

Others to keep an eye on: Brodie McLean (P), Mitchell Keene (P), Oliver Martin (WP), Regan Mott (S), Austin Chapman (WP), Clay Michael (CL)

Votes
+ = over age
** = below age
*** = 2008 DOB
Leader Board Games Votes Ave Goals
Cooper Moore (P) 6 62 10.33 1
Preston Cherry-Bayles (P) 2 17 8.50 -
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 7 55 7.85 9
Bo Allan (PT) 2 15 7.50 1
Luke Urquhart (EF) 3 22 7.33 4
Bailey.Banfield+ (CL) 6 42 7.00 7
Hugh Boxshall (CL) 5 34 6.80 2
Luke Cotellessa (SD) 5 34 6.80 1
Fred Rodriguez** (SF) 7 44 6.28 1
Kobe Austin+ (EF) 2 12 6.00 7
Leo Steed*** (SD) 1 6 6.00 -
Austin Van Der Struyf (CL) 8 47 5.87 5
Adam De Masi+ (EP) 10 56 5.60 3
Jack Wooden (WP) 12 67 5.58 5
Declan Pauline (EF) 11 61 5.54 3
Hamish Davis (CL) 8 40 5.00 14
Blake Kelly** (SD) 4 20 5.00 1
Max Burbury (CL) 3 15 5.00 3
Jake Boniwell** (EF) 3 15 5.00 2
Kindrael Hooker (EF) 2 10 5.00 4
Tye Kemp+ (PT) 12 58 4.83 5
Elijah Stockden+ (EF) 13 62 4.76 4
Jett Sibosado+ (CL) 13 62 4.76 3
Sam Swadling** (WP) 10 47 4.70 10
Otis Harvey (SD) 12 56 4.67 10
Toby Whan** (SF) 7 32 4.57 2
Jadd Hill** (P) 8 36 4.50 2
Aiden Riddle+ (CL) 9 39 4.33 1
Mitchell Geier+ (SF) 10 43 4.30 12
Austin Chapman+ (WP) 10 43 4.30 6
Robert Warrell (P) 12 50 4.16 33
Dale Sutherland** (P) 6 25 4.16 -
Luke Hallett** (EP) 5 20 4.00 3
Darcy Petersen (PT) 3 12 4.00 -
Jayden Rigoll (WP) 8 31 3.87 1
Evan Smith+ (SD) 5 19 3.80 2
Charlie Burke (S) 8 30 3.75 3
Sullivan Moody+ (CL) 11 41 3.72 3
Tyler Rowe (SF) 9 33 3.67 -
Presley Campbell+ (EF) 3 11 3.67 1
Kieren Douglas+ (S) 3 11 3.67 -
William Akec (EP) 3 11 3.67 -
Travis Shearer+ (S) 5 18 3.60 -
Andre Gulluni (EP) 11 39 3.54 3
Orlando Keleman (SF) 12 42 3.50 5
Mitch Roche (S) 2 7 3.50 -
Jude Axford+ (PT) 11 38 3.45 1
Codan Daddow+ (WP) 5 17 3.40 3
Marcus Cassidy** (EP) 3 10 3.33 7
Millar Rank** (SF) 10 33 3.30 1
Tom Smedley (PT) 11 36 3.27 5
Jaden Funazzi (PT) 11 36 3.27 5
Mitchell Keene+ (P) 12 39 3.25 1
Cody Angove (CL) 5 16 3.20 10
Jye Sander (EF) 5 16 3.20 1

Leading Goal Scorers M G
Robert Warrell (P) 12 33
Lucas Ravenhill (CL) 13 26
Judd Marcello** (WP) 12 24
Finley Henderson (S) 12 19
Colby McDonald (SD) 10 18
Rory Luscombe (CL) 11 18
Kayde Sherwood (WP) 12 16
Adam Sandrini (SD) 11 15
Hamish Davis (CL) 8 14
Koopa Walsh (S) 9 14
Lukas Jakovich (PT) 11 14
Angus Motherwell (EP) 13 13
Mitchell Geier+ (SF) 10 12
Luke Pynes+ (CL) 11 12
Tylah Williams** (SD) 7 11
Taj Forrest+ (EF) 7 11
Jessie Hollins (SD) 10 11
Joshua Nomlatyu** (EF) 11 11
Wesley Walley Jnr** (S) 11 11
Cody Angove (CL) 5 10
Sam Swadling** (WP) 10 10
Otis Harvey (SD) 12 10

Last edited:
WA players invited to the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft Combine

First Name
Surname
Club
Bo​
Allan​
Peel Thunder​
Cody​
Angove​
Claremont​
Jaxon​
Artemis​
South Fremantle​
Malakai​
Champion​
Subiaco​
Hamish​
Davis​
Claremont​
Clancy​
Dennis​
Claremont​
Kayle​
Gerreyn​
West Perth​
Will​
Hayes​
Claremont​
Aiden​
Riddle​
Claremont​
Luke​
Urquhart​
East Fremantle​

Any suprise omissions for the national combine?

When do state combine invites get finalised and how many do they invite for testing there?

Any suprise omissions for the national combine?

When do state combine invites get finalised and how many do they invite for testing there?
Well so far it's just Charlie Burke and Hugh Boxshall who have been invited by there's no limit as far as I know and usually they expand the number around about the final round of home and away fixtures.

No reall surprise ommisions I guess. Maybe a few who have made a late charge after the champs but maybe they will get a state combined call up at the end of August.

EDIT: I'm not surprised that Luke Cotellessa (SD) didn't get an invite. It seems that I'm the only person who doesn't think he is vanilla. Unless I see some evidence to the contrary, he'll keep his spot in the top 10. This thread isn't a draft predictor.

I am surprised that 199cm power forward Lucas Ravenhill (CL) isn't on the radar. He is the most imposing forward in colts football and appears to now understand how to use his big frame and make the mostof his mobility and booming kick.

Big William Akec (EP) has missed 18 months of footy and is usually tucked away in PSA. He's left his run very late but if you watched the WA 16's and rated All-Australian Garrison Kenh, then Akec will also catch your eye. Like Kenh, Akec is of African heritage - plays back and is a left footer. Bigger, stronger and older obviously. Maybe the recruiters are a little concerned about his injury history?

Ryan Bizzell (PT) is on the radar for Fremantle as a rookie. Very talented big Indigenous forward.

Max Rohr (CL) has some good moments in the champs.

Last edited:
WAFL Colts Round 18 Match of the Round

Swan Districts v Subiaco at Steel Blue, Bassendean, Sat, Aug 3, 9.15am WA/ 11.15am Vic https://streamer.com.au/match/3853

Both teams have four games remaning. Subiaco are on 36 points and have to play Swans (4th) 28 points this weekend. Then Perth (5th), West Perth (3rd) and Claremont (1st)

After they play Subiaco, Swan Districts finish against East Fremantle (6th), Peel (7th) and Perth (5th).

Swans have the much easier run home and a win tomorrow at home will close the gap to Subiaco to 4 points (1 win).

Finishing top 3 is essential in the colts.

I guess every preview needs to begin with the mids. Even without Luke Cotellessa (PSA) and Blake Kelly (PSA) Swan Districts still have Otis Harvey, Chayse Martinson, Lucas Andrews and Max York. High possession players. Add in 16's star Leo Steed who is one of WA's best prospects in the 2026 draft group.

Subi's midfield is a little different. Charlie Burke can be prolific but plays more on the outside where he can use his immense pace and fitness. The Lions might consider using him more inside on Saturday - at least in bursts. Regan Mott is a high impact mid with tremendous pace and strength but not always with high disposals. Aven Drewett, Tom MacGillivray and Max Brooks are hard nosed competitors who are known for tackling pressure.

The ruck battle is something to look forward to with overager Evan Smith (SD) and below ager Frazer Rickson (S) going head to head.

Malakai Champion (S) will once again play league but the Maroons can expect some exciting mercurial forward play from Wesley Walley Jnr, Darcy Montgomery, Sonny Siano and the tall targets Koopa Walsh and Finley Henderson.

Swans are missing Anthony Hansen up forward which is a shame because he was finally showing his true abilities. Colby McDonald is a reliable medium tall, Adam Sandrini chips in with handy goals at the right time. Tylah Williams, the below ager has a very sharp leftboot and is starting to impress observers and Leon Kickett is a like for like replacement for Hansen.

Subiaco's backline is impressive despite not having Nic Multari available. Multari has superb foot skills, mops ups and get's Subi moving from defence. A lot of Subiaco's goals start in ther backline with Multari, Xavier Hickey, Hayden Windsor, below ager Max McCullough and most recently and quite unexpectantly mercurial Indigenous mid/fwd Kieren Douglas.

I'm also interested to see the 2026 draft prospects in action. For the Black and Whites Steed as mentioned plus defender Jai De Bono are listed - and Antonio Crupi, who was a fine quiet achiever for WA in the national 16's will make his debut for Subi.

+ = over ager
** = below ager
*** = 2008 DOB
Swan Districts Games Votes Ave Goals
4-Otis Harvey (SD) 12 56 4.67 10
6-Thomas Cathcart (SD) 5 1 0.20 -
7-Evan Smith+ (SD) 5 19 3.80 2
8-Zaid Buckland+ (SD) 9 23 2.55 -
9-Chayse Martinson (SD) 9 27 3.00 4
12-Jai De Bono*** (SD) 2 3 1.50 -
14-Adam Sandrini (SD) 11 6 0.54 15
15-Cody Ryan (SD) 11 16 1.45 4
17-Colby McDonald (SD) 10 25 2.50 18
18-Jamie Sidebottom** (SD) 3 - ---- -
19-Harley Cummings** (SD) 7 - ---- -
20-Max York+ (SD) 5 10 2.00 -
21-Alex Cunningham+ (SD) 5 - ---- -
23-Beau Brady (SD) 3 - ---- 1
27-Elijah Huddlestone (SD) 10 13 1.30 -
29-Lucas Dobson (SD) 2 - ---- -
33-Lucas Andrews (SD) 12 37 3.08 1
37-Tylah Williams** (SD) 7 3 0.42 11
39-Leo Steed*** (SD) 1 6 6.00 -
42-Noah Clare** (SD) - - ---- -
44-Soren Feast** (SD) 7 3 0.42 -
45-Tom Oliver** (SD) 8 1 0.12 5
48-Finn Taylor+ (SD) 11 12 1.09 -
49-Carlos Partington (SD) 4 11 2.75 9
51-Cody Morgani+ (SD) 6 8 1.33 -
56-Leon Kickett (SD) 6 3 0.50 5
57-Matthew Burgess+ (SD) 1 - ---- -
V
Subiaco
1-Charlie Burke (S) 8 30 3.75 3
2-Aven Drewett (S) 10 20 2.00 3
3-Jesse Povey** (S) 1 - ---- -
4-Antonio Crupi*** (S) - - ---- -
5-Hayden Windsor (S) 12 11 0.91 1
6-Max Brooks (S) 8 6 0.75 2
9-Kieren Douglas+ (S) 3 11 3.67 -
11-Tom MacGillivray (S) 12 21 1.75 3
12-Lucas Santich** (S) 12 18 1.50 3
13-Braden Gostlow (S) 7 - ---- -
15-Jay Neindorf (S) 6 8 1.33 -
19-Finley Henderson (S) 12 15 1.25 19
20-Darcy Montgomery** (S) 5 7 1.40 9
21-Xavier Hickey (S) 11 31 2.81 1
22-Hudson Walker** (S) 11 19 1.72 1
24-Darcy.Moore (S) 6 5 0.83 -
25-Kailen Leahy+ (S) 2 2 1.00 4
26-Koopa Walsh (S) 9 11 1.22 14
28-Wesley Walley Jnr** (S) 11 10 0.90 11
29-Dylan Prance** (S) 5 4 0.80 -
32-Regan Mott+ (S) 12 25 2.08 3
34-Jakson Durham (S) 1 - ---- 2
36-Rydn Rae Anthonysz** (S) 8 7 0.87 5
37-Max McCullough** (S) 2 6 3.00 -
38-Frazer Rickson** (S) 12 23 1.91 -
43-Sonny Siano (S) 6 14 2.33 8

Last edited:
It is beginning to look as if the teams heading into finals are beginning to click with West Perth kicking a big score with many multiple goal kickers with Gerreyn putting together another huge performance , and Claremont scrapping a win with all their State 18’s firing with big disposal getters in the midfield with Van der Struyf leading the way.

Subiaco was also very impressive after getting a scare in the final term from a strong Swans outfit with Subiaco’s forward line starting to function with Koopa Walsh and Fin Henderson presenting well as tall options. Sonny Siano was also impressive, who has being putting together a nice few weeks together now and beginning to hit the score board.

Thanks to Noobermensch and his wonderful youtube channel we have Malakai Champion in action on the weekend at league level. Just maybe his small stature won't be an issue against men!

Sorry about the stream quality.....embarrassing for those who produce this and embarrassing for West Australia that we can't produce the kind of quality stream that African countries like Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria and Botswana can for cricket. WA is first world they say.....living our lives two hours behind and using technology from two decades ago.

You decide!

Once again thanks to Noobermensch, a Victorian, for making videos about WAFL stars despite him having to deal with such poor quality footage.

Last edited:
Hopefully Gerreyn doesn't follow that path then.
Just saw this from a very long way in the future, but it seems to me the only person, now knowing who has been invited to the Combine (Gerreyn), who has had any sort of stint with the Ressies at the Falcons this year is Chapman. I can totally agree with the prospect of Gerreyn being smashed if he goes up, and given the WP Ressies and League are out of contention by a country mile (North Melbourne and Richmond can get a pat on the back in this case) it makes sense to maximise draft chances by keeping him down in the Colts. Plus, a nice pennant in your room wouldn't hurt to tell the kids about would it?

2006 DOB/2024 Draft/WA 18's contenders in colts/PSA Round 16 update
1=Kayle Gerreyn (WP)
1=Bo Allan (PT)
3=Luke Urquhart (EF/PSA)
3=Hamish Davis (CL)

5-Hugh Boxshall (CL/PSA)
6-Malakai Champion (S)

8-Cody Angove (CL)
9-Charlie Burke (S)
11-William Akec (EP/PSA)
12-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)

14-Ryan Bizzell (PT)
15-Loch MacTaggart (P/PSA)
16-Austin Van Der Struyf (CL)
17-Andre Gulluni (EP)
18-Darcy Petersen (PT)
19-Robert Warrell (P)
20-William Hayes (CL/Inj-NA)
21-Cooper Moore (P)
22-Chayse Martinson (SD)
23-Jack Wooden (WP)
24-Otis Harvey (SD)
25-Colby McDonald (SD)
26-Orlando Keleman (SF)
27-Deian Roberts (PT)
28-Jaxon Douglas (CL)
29-Trent Hiscock (WP)
30-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
31-Thomas Cathcart (SD)
32-Declan Pauline (EF)
33-Tom.Bell (SF)
34-Toby Jones (S/PSA)

35-Koopa Walsh (S)
36-Tom Smedley (PT)
37-Xavier Hickey (S)
38-Jaden Funazzi (PT)
39-Jake Soutar (EP)
40-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
41-Hudson Pivac (SF)
42-Hayden Windsor (S)
43-Jesse Grant (PT)
44-Preston Cherry-Bayles (P/PSA)

45-Harrison Creighton (SD)
46-Tore Nelson (S/PSA)
47-Ned Reiger (SD/PSA)
48-Ashton Warner (EF/PSA)
49-Liam Cooley (P)
50=Jezurahn Balacky (CL)

50=Anthony Hansen (SD)

NA-Jye Sander (EF/Inj)

Others To Keep an Eye on: Carlos Partington (SD), Elijah Huddlestone (SD), Jake Austin (EF), Riley Longson (EP/PSA), Liam Hrarbar (SD), James Meszaros (P/PSA), Tre Healey (SF), Max Donnelly (EP)

Note: I would have Taj Stanley (P) somewhere between 35-50 in the WA list but he is an Allies player from NT. A very handy forward.

1-Max Rohr (CL)
2-Bailey.Banfield (CL)
3-Aiden Riddle (CL)
4-Evan Smith (SD)
5-Jett Sibosado (CL)

6-Sullivan Moody (CL)
7-Cuba Garlett (PT)
8-Adam De Masi (EP)
9-Kieren Douglas (S)

10-Cruz Woodley (SD)
11-Zaid Buckland (SD)

12-Kobe Austin (EF)
13-Presley Campbell (EF)
14-Zac Petersen (EF)
15-Elijah Stockden (EF)
16-Campbell Knox (CL)

17-Jack Eastaugh (EF)
18-Max York (SD)

19-Lucas Naylies-Pereira (EP/Inj-NA)
20-Liam Clarke (P/Inj-NA)

Others to keep an eye on: Brodie McLean (P), Aidan Harvey (SF), Mitchell Keene (P), Oliver Martin (WP), Hamish Brogan (CL), Regan Mott (S), Austin Chapman (WP), Clay Michael (CL)

Votes
+ = over age
** = below age
*** = 2008 DOB
Cooper Moore (P) 5 54 10.80 1
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 7 55 7.85 9
Fred Rodriguez** (SF) 6 40 6.67 1
Leo Steed*** (SD) 1 6 6.00 -
Jack Wooden (WP) 12 67 5.58 5
Austin Van Der Struyf (CL) 7 38 5.42 3
Jadd Hill** (P) 7 36 5.14 2
Otis Harvey (SD) 11 56 5.09 10
Jake Boniwell** (EF) 3 15 5.00 2
Elijah Stockden+ (EF) 13 62 4.76 4
Evan Smith+ (SD) 4 19 4.75 -
Sam Swadling** (WP) 10 47 4.70 10
Tye Kemp+ (PT) 11 51 4.63 5
Austin Chapman+ (WP) 10 43 4.30 6
Jett Sibosado+ (CL) 12 50 4.16 3
Andre Gulluni (EP) 10 39 3.90 3
Jayden Rigoll (WP) 8 31 3.87 1
Charlie Burke (S) 8 30 3.75 3
Loch MacTaggart (P) 4 15 3.75 -
Carlos Partington (SD) 3 11 3.67 9
Kieren Douglas+ (S) 3 11 3.67 -
Tom Smedley (PT) 10 36 3.60 5
Robert Warrell (P) 11 39 3.54 31
Jaden Funazzi (PT) 10 35 3.50 5
Jude Axford+ (PT) 10 35 3.50 1
Millar Rank** (SF) 9 31 3.44 1
Codan Daddow+ (WP) 5 17 3.40 3
Chayse Martinson (SD) 8 27 3.37 4
Aiden Riddle+ (CL) 8 27 3.37 1
Jaxon Douglas (CL) 8 27 3.37 -
Orlando Keleman (SF) 11 37 3.36 5
Toby Whan** (SF) 6 20 3.33 2
Jye Sander (EF) 5 16 3.20 1

Leading Goal Scorers M G
Robert Warrell (P) 11 31
Judd Marcello** (WP) 12 24
Lucas Ravenhill (CL) 12 22
Finley Henderson (S) 12 19
Colby McDonald (SD) 9 18
Kayle Sherwood (WP) 12 16
Rory Luscombe (CL) 10 15
Hamish Davis (CL) 8 14
Koopa Walsh (S) 9 14
Lukas Jakovich (PT) 10 14
Adam Sandrini (SD) 10 13
Luke Pynes+ (CL) 10 12
Taj Forrest+ (EF) 7 11
Jessie Hollins (SD) 9 11
Joshua Nomlatyu** (EF) 11 11
Wesley Walley Jnr** (S) 11 11
Sam Swadling** (WP) 10 10
Otis Harvey (SD) 11 10
Angus Motherwell (EP) 12 10
Carlos Partington (SD) 3 9
Darcy Montgomery** (S) 5 9
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 7 9
Taj Stanley (P) 7 9
Good list. I think Taj Stanley Perth/ Allies/NT should be in your top 5. He had a hamstring injury in the second game against WA. Otherwise he would have played all four games. A genuine bull who can play forward, mid or half back. Looks like he’s fit and firing with his form in the WAFL. West Coast should pick him up.

2006 DOB/2024 Draft/WA 18's contenders in colts/PSA Round 18 update
1=Kayle Gerreyn (WP)
1=Bo Allan (PT)
3=Luke Urquhart (EF/PSA)
3=Hamish Davis (CL)

5-Hugh Boxshall (CL/PSA)
6-Malakai Champion (S)

8-Cody Angove (CL)
9-Charlie Burke (S)
11-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
12-William Akec (EP/PSA)

14-Austin Van Der Struyf (CL)
15-Ryan Bizzell (PT)
16-Loch MacTaggart (P/PSA)
17-Robert Warrell (P)
18-Darcy Petersen (PT)
19-Andre Gulluni (EP)
20-Cooper Moore (P)
21-William Hayes (CL/Inj-NA)
22-Jaxon Douglas (CL)
23-Anthony Hansen (SD)
24-Orlando Keleman (SF)
25-Chayse Martinson (SD)
26-Jack Wooden (WP)
27-Tom.Bell (SF)
28-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
29-Otis Harvey (SD)
30-Colby McDonald (SD)
31-Deian Roberts (PT)
32-Trent Hiscock (WP)
33-Thomas Cathcart (SD)
34-Declan Pauline (EF)
35-Jaden Funazzi (PT)
36-Toby Jones (S/PSA)
37-Koopa Walsh (S)
38-Tom Smedley (PT)
39-Hudson Pivac (SF)

40-Xavier Hickey (S)
41-Liam Cooley (P)
42-Joel Brown (PT)
43-Jake Soutar (EP)
44-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
45-Hayden Windsor (S)
46-Jesse Grant (PT)
47-Preston Cherry-Bayles (P/PSA)

48-Tore Nelson (S/PSA)
49-Ned Reiger (SD/PSA)
50=Ashton Warner (EF/PSA)
50=Jezurahn Balacky (CL)

NA-Jye Sander (EF/Inj)

Others To Keep an Eye on: Harrison Creighton (SD), Carlos Partington (SD), Elijah Huddlestone (SD), Jake Austin (EF), Riley Longson (EP/PSA), Liam Hrarbar (SD), James Meszaros (P/PSA), Tre Healey (SF), Max Donnelly (EP)

1-Aiden Riddle (CL)
2-Max Rohr (CL)
3-Bailey.Banfield (CL)
4-Evan Smith (SD)
5-Jett Sibosado (CL)

6-Sullivan Moody (CL)
7-Kieren Douglas (S)
8-Austin Chapman (WP)
9-Cuba Garlett (PT)
10-Adam De Masi (EP)
11-Cruz Woodley (SD)
12-Zaid Buckland (SD)
13-Regan Mott (S)

14-Kobe Austin (EF)
15-Presley Campbell (EF)
16-Zac Petersen (EF)
17-Elijah Stockden (EF)
18-Jack Eastaugh (EF)
19-Max York (SD)

20-Lucas Naylies-Pereira (EP/Inj-NA)

Others to keep an eye on: Liam Clarke (P/Inj-NA), Campbell Knox (CL), Brodie McLean (P), Mitchell Keene (P), Oliver Martin (WP), Clay Michael (CL)

Votes
+ = over age
** = below age
*** = 2008 DOB
Cooper Moore (P) 6 62 10.33 1
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 8 68 8.50 11
Austin Van Der Struyf (CL) 9 59 6.55 7
Ivan Starr** (SF) 2 13 6.50 8
Fred Rodriguez** (SF) 8 49 6.12 2
Jack Wooden (WP) 13 74 5.69 5
Otis Harvey (SD) 13 61 4.69 10
Leo Steed*** (SD) 2 10 5.00 -
Jett Sibosado+ (CL) 14 63 4.50 4
Jadd Hill** (P) 8 36 4.50 2
Cody Angove (CL) 6 27 4.50 10
Tye Kemp+ (PT) 13 58 4.46 5
Jayden Rigoll (WP) 9 40 4.44 1
Elijah Stockden+ (EF) 14 62 4.42 4
Sam Swadling** (WP) 11 47 4.27 11
Robert Warrell (P) 12 50 4.16 33
Toby Whan** (SF) 8 32 4.00 2
Jake Boniwell** (EF) 4 16 4.00 3
Austin Chapman+ (WP) 11 43 3.90 8
Aiden Riddle+ (CL) 10 39 3.90 2
Tom Bell (SF) 10 38 3.80 1
Andre Gulluni (EP) 12 45 3.75 3
Jaxon Douglas (CL) 10 37 3.70 -
Orlando Keleman (SF) 13 48 3.69 6
Jaden Funazzi (PT) 12 44 3.67 6
Jai De Bono*** (SD) 3 11 3.67 -
Judd Marcello** (WP) 13 46 3.53 29
Jude Axford+ (PT) 12 42 3.50 1
Chayse Martinson (SD) 10 34 3.40 7
Charlie Burke (S) 9 30 3.33 3
Evan Smith+ (SD) 6 20 3.33 3
Mitchell Keene+ (P) 12 39 3.25 1

Leading Goal Scorers M G
Robert Warrell (P) 12 33
Judd Marcello** (WP) 13 29
Lucas Ravenhill (CL) 14 27
Finley Henderson (S) 13 21
Colby McDonald (SD) 11 19
Rory Luscombe (CL) 12 19
Kayde Sherwood (WP) 13 17
Koopa Walsh (S) 10 16
Adam Sandrini (SD) 12 16
Hamish Davis (CL) 8 14
Lukas Jakovich (PT) 12 14
Angus Motherwell (EP) 14 13
Taj Forrest+ (EF) 8 12
Luke Pynes+ (CL) 12 12
Tylah Williams** (SD) 8 11
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 8 11
Jessie Hollins (SD) 10 11
Sam Swadling** (WP) 11 11
Wesley Walley Jnr** (S) 12 11
Joshua Nomlatyu** (EF) 12 11
Darcy Montgomery** (S) 6 10
Cody Angove (CL) 6 10
Sonny Siano (S) 7 10
Hudson Pivac (SF) 8 10
Otis Harvey (SD) 13 10

Last edited:
Just saw this from a very long way in the future, but it seems to me the only person, now knowing who has been invited to the Combine (Gerreyn), who has had any sort of stint with the Ressies at the Falcons this year is Chapman. I can totally agree with the prospect of Gerreyn being smashed if he goes up, and given the WP Ressies and League are out of contention by a country mile (North Melbourne and Richmond can get a pat on the back in this case) it makes sense to maximise draft chances by keeping him down in the Colts. Plus, a nice pennant in your room wouldn't hurt to tell the kids about would it?
Yes it does make sense if the Ressies and League aren't making finals. But I wouldn't be getting too excited about Gerreyn's form against bottom of the ladder, under manned, under aged Colts teams. Those who won't make finals are giving opportunities to their 15 year olds now. But good luck to them, I hope they can compete against Claremont in the finals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back