Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

We will need to win every game and hope Port drops a few as their percentage is 25% higher than ours so effectively 2 games ahead.

We will drop a game somewhere down the line or does anyone seriously think we will end up with a 12 win streak?

Don't see why we can't go on a 15 match streak and win the flag from 4th. I don't buy this "you need a loss"...we had 6 of them a the start, that was plenty! We'd need to belt a few sides coming home and hope Port drop 1 at least.

I hereby decree that thou shalt not use the F word until 6 PM on Sunday 27th August.
martin_wood_1573365c.jpg

Herewith the phrase "next week's game" shall be substituted until such time that all possible outcomes have been decided.

I hereby decree that thou shalt not use the F word until 6 PM on Sunday 27th August.
martin_wood_1573365c.jpg

Herewith the phrase "next week's game" shall be substituted until such time that all possible outcomes have been decided.
Hear Hear!!!!

Prefer GWS to win now...

You think? I figure if tigers win then we technically have 3 teams 1 game ahead of us, 2 of which we need to lose. Otherwise, if gws win, we need to rely on port dropping 1 more game than we do or gws dropping 2 more than us.

Either way, I think it's a moot point. Very little faith in richmind winning it.

need richmond to beat gws. unless port lose this week we're probably unlikely to take their position in the top 4.

and there we have it. didnt think both were possible, but in a season that keeps on giving this was the perfect round.

now we have 3 teams to chase on pretty much equal footing.

top four is ours for the taking if we remain focused on the prize. we also play 2 of our rivals for the flag and go into finals knowing exactly where we stand.

could be the fairy tale ending that'll put the dogs to shame.

lets do it swans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may sound counter-intuitive but I reckon we need to lose a game if we're going to go deep into finals.
Why? I've never gotten why people have this line of thinking.

We've won 7 on the trot. If we went undefeated that would require 14 in a row if I am not mistaken. How many teams have managed to do that?

We've had 7 losses that's enough.

We've won 7 on the trot. If we went undefeated that would require 14 in a row if I am not mistaken. How many teams have managed to do that?
How many teams have made the finals from 0-6? We are exploring uncharted waters, going where no team has gone before!

We can do anything!!!

Brisbane went 17 in a row to win the premiership in 2001.

Why? I've never gotten why people have this line of thinking.

That's like I don't understand all the posts saying "I think Sydney will run out of steam in finals", "if they make it it would of taken too much of a toll" etc etc. Sydney are playing the same amount of games as everybody else. Why would a long stretch of wins make them run out of gas?

I have also enjoyed reading "our speed will trouble them" week in week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back