Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:

Words can't even begin to describe the genius that Vladimir Putin is.

If Putin had to sack generals everytime his army ****ed up, he would have none left. Always trying to find a fall guy.

It also boggles the mind how the only competent general he had, Surovikin, was got rid of.

It's amazing that anyone still wants to work under Putin when even if you succeed chances are you're finding a 3rd story window to drop out of.

A Tupolev TU-22M bomber crashed inside Russia. One pilot died and the result of the crash in unknown as of yet (hopefully the lack of spare parts had to do with it). These are the aircraft Russia use to shoot missiles at Ukraine and are limited in number so anyone going down is a great thing.

Ukraine have just taken out 1 or 3 bridges they need to take out that will leave roughly 670kms ripe for the taking and trap Russians between the Ukraine border & a river with no supply route. The 2nd of the 3 is also damaged

Ukraine have just taken out 1 or 3 bridges they need to take out that will leave roughly 670kms ripe for the taking and trap Russians between the Ukraine border & a river with no supply route. The 2nd of the 3 is also damaged
The River Seym is the dark blue. Territory of Kursk Oblast under Ukrainian control is light blue (might be out of date). The yellow line is the Ukrainian border.

The bridges are in orange. The right-most is the one that's been destroyed. As shared by Wce17 the other two are targetted.

seym.png

Edit: The map given above by OSINT via Wce17 is probably more accurate than my MSPaintjob!

Last edited:

If this is correct then Ukraine are going to double their territory gain within Kursk in no time, as there is no way the terrorists can defend south of that river even with the other two bridges intact, as from what I have read that bridge in Glushkovo is the only one of the 3 that can transport heavy armour. Will also lead to a bit of captured equipment and weapons one would think as Russian forces hightail it out of there.

The photo of the downed bridge is interesting. The rails do look like that of the bridge which was shown to be slightly damaged earlier in the day/yesterday so it is most likely legit. But the fact that Russia says it was HIMARS that took it out is what is surprising. HIMARS aren't exactly made for collapsing bridges, and remember that Ukraine sent countless missiles at the one in Kherson and could only surface damage it without collapsing it (albeit that one was huge compared to this).

Hopefully Putin will have a heart attack at the thought of losing more ground. What else is good about this is that the river will become the border in the area and will be easy to defend, so that troops can be used elsewhere.

This has also been posted as a result of the destroyed bridge.

If Putin had to sack generals everytime his army ****ed up, he would have none left. Always trying to find a fall guy.

It also boggles the mind how the only competent general he had, Surovikin, was got rid of.

It's amazing that anyone still wants to work under Putin when even if you succeed chances are you're finding a 3rd story window to drop out of.

Old Russian thing. It's the Czar’s courtiers who did something wrong. So, it's always about which Courtier needs to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More about this bridge:

Note that Suchomimas references two bridges in Zvannoe but I don't think he's right. One seems to be merely a google maps demarcation. Google maps' labelling layers is notoriously difficult to adjust.

Last edited:

You can see on the many videos of people appealing to Putin that The Russian population and even their own soldiers often appeal directly to Putin to help them when they have no help being evacuated or being used as meat in a grinder.

There is a perception there that Putin is a almost God like figure who can't do any wrong and solve any problem by himself. That he has the answers to anything and everything, that if anything goes wrong then it's his generals fault.

It may be far from being Kim Jong Un levels of delusion among the populace about their leader, but there is certainly an element there.

The River Seym is the dark blue. Territory of Kursk Oblast under Ukrainian control is light blue (might be out of date). The yellow line is the Ukrainian border.

The bridges are in orange. The right-most is the one that's been destroyed. As shared by Wce17 the other two are targetted.

View attachment 2081629

Edit: The map given above by OSINT via Wce17 is probably more accurate than my MSPaintjob!
Champion crayon work Mobbs! Mr Trump would be proud of you!

btw there is no way in hell I'd be appealing to RF authorities to assist in evacuating me. I'd be making my own way, on foot if necessary. As soon as you are on the radar of the Russian authorities you risk forcibly becoming a civilian meatshield in an occupied territory.

The first residents of Kurshchyna were brought to the captured resorts of the Zaporizhzhia region - [Skadovskii TG]

btw there is no way in hell I'd be appealing to RF authorities to assist in evacuating me. I'd be making my own way, on foot if necessary. As soon as you are on the radar of the Russian authorities you risk forcibly becoming a civilian meatshield in an occupied territory.

The first residents of Kurshchyna were brought to the captured resorts of the Zaporizhzhia region - [Skadovskii TG]
Mr P is certainly trying to hide the evacuees, same as he has tried to hide his loses of soldiers by using folks who aren't from St Petersburg or Moscow. Would more of the conscripts captured and killed during the incursion be from those cities? If so, it may be a factor in the Ukrainian calculations. I think the Soviets lost about 15,000 dead in Afghanistan and at the time that was enough to get political action by the mothers that rocked the Soviet state. This time stupid Putin has managed to kill hundreds of thousands yet there is little dissent.

From [SOTA TG] (the video is not repeated there, the post is safe to view if fearing distressing imagery)

Z-channel Troika has distributed a video showing a head impaled on a stake: it is claimed that this is a killed Ukrainian soldier.

The video is marked with the logo of the 155th separate guards marine brigade of the Pacific Fleet and is accompanied by words about revenge for the invasion of the Ukrainian Armed Forces into the Kursk region – “our holy land.”

Earlier, Ukrainian intelligence claimed that soldiers from the 155th Brigade were involved in the massacre in Bucha.

Edit: The callsign of the 155th member who gave the order for beheading is claimed to be "Pushkar".

Last edited:
Mr P is certainly trying to hide the evacuees, same as he has tried to hide his loses of soldiers by using folks who aren't from St Petersburg or Moscow. Would more of the conscripts captured and killed during the incursion be from those cities? If so, it may be a factor in the Ukrainian calculations. I think the Soviets lost about 15,000 dead in Afghanistan and at the time that was enough to get political action by the mothers that rocked the Soviet state. This time stupid Putin has managed to kill hundreds of thousands yet there is little dissent.
Exactly. If you hide everything did it really happen? You can then still pretend and tell everyone “the operation is going to plan” especially as you have a Nazi style propaganda machine limiting access to news that Goebbels would be proud off.

No one is the wiser even though your 3 day war has dragged on over 2 and a half years and the simpleton citizens (of which Russia have plenty) eat it up.

Z-channel Troika has distributed a video showing a head impaled on a stake: it is claimed that this is a killed Ukrainian soldier.

Absolutely barbaric. But lets not call them that O word that is banned because it may hurt their feelings…

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back