Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:
The **** do you think they are doing already?
C’mon Chief, you know for ages now the apologists have told us the Russians haven’t even started fighting properly yet!

Any day now….

Can someone give their thoughts on why Russia doesnt ask for Chinese, Nth Korean, Iranian or Wagner troops to come in as “Peace keepers” to repel the Ukrainian offensive?

Ukraine is surrounded by NATO members and NATO wont risk sending troops to help and any country that sends troops to Ukraine risked being dragged in to the war, but what risk is there to the countries i mentioned helping Russia? They are already arming them.

I would have thought Belarus would have sent troops too.

Can someone give their thoughts on why Russia doesnt ask for Chinese, Nth Korean, Iranian or Wagner troops to come in as “Peace keepers” to repel the Ukrainian offensive?

Ukraine is surrounded by NATO members and NATO wont risk sending troops to help and any country that sends troops to Ukraine risked being dragged in to the war, but what risk is there to the countries i mentioned helping Russia? They are already arming them.

Lukashenko has to keep all his troops close just in case of more protests like the 2020-2021 election protests.

Lukashenko has to keep all his troops close just in case of more protests like the 2020-2021 election protests.

How many troops does he need at home for this though? Doesnt he Belarus army have roughly 50,000 soldiers? Add to that police, secret service or whatever they are called there.

Not sure of the size of the Ukrainian force in Kursk but i still find the lack of response from Russia strange.

Surely Belarus could send 5,000-10,000 troops

I also find the reports of 120,000 Ukrainian soldiers on the Belarus border to be crazy, surely if they had that many troops available, they would be better served fighting elsewhere

How many troops does he need at home for this though? Doesnt he Belarus army have roughly 50,000 soldiers? Add to that police, secret service or whatever they are called there.

Not sure of the size of the Ukrainian force in Kursk but i still find the lack of response from Russia strange.

Surely Belarus could send 5,000-10,000 troops

I also find the reports of 120,000 Ukrainian soldiers on the Belarus border to be crazy, surely if they had that many troops available, they would be better served fighting elsewhere
Protests would surely take place if families started loosing their sons in a war for another country?

Russia can't even afford to pay Mongolia for the right to build a new gas pipeline to China. China of course are not funding the pipeline. Why would they - Russia is in desperate need of new customers for its gas after Putin's invasion has lead to a drastic reduction in gas supplied to European customers.

Yet more great work by genius Putin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where art thou Medvedev?

I almost miss his vodka fueled hysterical rants including nuclear threats. They offer great amounts of comedic value.

Has he perhaps being told to shut his mouth by Putin & co because of his regular outbursts embarrassing the Kremlin?

Might just be an IT issue.

You know how dangerous Windows can be in Russia...

China - has always said it wants peace between the two nations. Wont send soldiers to be killed for the benefit of Russia. If it did, would be big backlash against it causing it to be a pariah like Iran and Nth Korea. Economy would then melt.

Wagner- Already been imcorprated within the Russian army after Prigozhin shit himself on his way to Moscow. Currently fighting on other fronts, they aren’t a reserve Putin can use.

North Korea and Iran - Like China dont want to send soldiers to die for Russia’s benefit. If they did would probably see the weatern world retaliate against them militarily with their borders.

Belarus - Minimal army force of around 40,000 personnel. Need that to cover the borders with Ukraine and Poland plus within. Secondly the appetite within its own ranks is low to go to war with Ukraine willingly.
At the start of the war Lukashenko was supposed to send his army to invade from their side of the border, but once they realised Ukraine had an actual resistance, there was mutiny in the ranks and they didnt want to fight so were never sent. Would be the same now too.

Edit: Putin also has the CSTO which he can call upon that was concocted for situations like this (whatever countries are left in it). However he purposely isnt asking fo help as firstly it means he has lost control and secondly would be embarrassing when the other member countries ignore his request. Basically no other countries want their troops to die for a terrorist madman and he knows it.

Last edited:
Where art thou Medvedev?

I almost miss his vodka fueled hysterical rants including nuclear threats. They offer great amounts of comedic value.

Has he perhaps being told to shut his mouth by Putin & co because of his regular outbursts embarrassing the Kremlin?

Medvedev was said to have taken leave just as the Kursk invasion took place. What that "leave" entailed is up for debate.

Edit: Looks like he is back and is blaming the British for the invasion. After all its embarrasing to suggest that Ukraine is smarter and tougher than the weak Russians even when it is true.

Looks like the Kremlin has told all the voenkors to toe the line and proceed with the British being the brains behind the invasion.

Last edited:
Ukrainian forces discovered records in Kursk region of those who avoided conscription/mobilisation via hiding or doing a runner. The video shows the Ukrainian forces eliminating these records.

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back