Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:
If we believe Ukraine numbers

You'll note I thought this would happen, no matter chief's insistence my language was domestic violence adjacent

Moldova had a little trouble with some black outs so it's fair to say something was hit
https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/08...dova-after-massive-russian-attack-on-ukraine/

Not sure I'd want to be in Ukraine during winter with a few hours of power a day. Temps average -4c in Kiev during January

I'd also hate to be a passenger on a Russian airline in the near future

Notable as Russia relies on commercial aviation more than any other nation in the world, including the USA.

Let's not forget even after the war is over it is going to be impossible for Russian airlines to lease aircraft thanks to your leader being a dishonest thief.

Again, surely it is much easier for Putin to give up on his fascist invasion than persist with all of these issues.

I would suspect this is the main reason that Russia gets nowhere despite having a 5-1 numerical mass advantage over Ukraine. Motivation amongst Russian AF must be at an all time low.

How sweet. Thinking that his family will get paid if he gets killed.

That's all it is with the Russian soldier. All about money.

How sweet. Thinking that his family will get paid if he gets killed.

That's all it is with the Russian soldier. All about money.
RF is even reneging on the $165 hardship payments for Kursk refugees who had to evacuate themselves!

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Optimism is something that Vlad lacks completely.

If he chooses to continue his fruitless fascist invasion there's years of pain ahead for the everyday Russian while Putin becomes Kim Jong Un on a huge scale.

Rostov, Belgorod, Bryansk & Kursk all likely to be occupied.

At this stage the easiest thing for Vlad to do in order to protect the sovereignty of Russia is to withdraw completely from Ukraine and declare victory in the war..
The longer this illegal war by Russia on Russias part will bankrupt Russia. Happy days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F16s are obsolete equipment, who cares if they lose some.
The big loss is the trained pilot.
A U.S. defence official told Reuters that Monday's crash did not appear to be the result of Russian fire, and possible causes from pilot error to mechanical failure were still being investigated.

1725066814023.png

I hope Ukraine has a plan to address the Russian push towards Pokrovsky. It must be tempting to have a go at the salient from the flanks, I don't know if they have the capacity however some Russian commentators have suggested that is the plan.

“The Ukrainian Armed Forces are luring the Russian army, and they themselves are preparing flank attacks on the communications of the advancing group,” the Markov Logic Telegram channel posited as one possibility.

View attachment 2097223

I hope Ukraine has a plan to address the Russian push towards Pokrovsky. It must be tempting to have a go at the salient from the flanks, I don't know if they have the capacity however some Russian commentators have suggested that is the plan.

“The Ukrainian Armed Forces are luring the Russian army, and they themselves are preparing flank attacks on the communications of the advancing group,” the Markov Logic Telegram channel posited as one possibility.
I think Ukraine will eventually lose Pokrovsk. I do hope there is a plan to nullify this slow grinding approach, but I don't have particularly high hopes.

I think Ukraine will eventually lose Pokrovsk. I do hope there is a plan to nullify this slow grinding approach, but I don't have particularly high hopes.
Yes, you may be right. I hope they have something planned or can pull something out of their arse at the last minute.

I saw a few speculative posts on social media about the mysterious green rays appearing on the front. This article says they are from Russian drones carrying a Z-16IRQ-V/L night vision camera with a laser rangefinder and designator. I don't know why there are do strong and bright.

Optimism is something that Vlad lacks completely.

If he chooses to continue his fruitless fascist invasion there's years of pain ahead for the everyday Russian while Putin becomes Kim Jong Un on a huge scale.

Rostov, Belgorod, Bryansk & Kursk all likely to be occupied.

At this stage the easiest thing for Vlad to do in order to protect the sovereignty of Russia is to withdraw completely from Ukraine and declare victory in the war..
What do you think Zelensky's victory plan is?
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crrlnl2vqe2o
I'm sure it'll be enough for you to claim a win

I'd also hate to be a passenger on a Russian airline in the near future

Notable as Russia relies on commercial aviation more than any other nation in the world, including the USA.

Let's not forget even after the war is over it is going to be impossible for Russian airlines to lease aircraft thanks to your leader being a dishonest thief.

Again, surely it is much easier for Putin to give up on his fascist invasion than persist with all of these issues.

Good distraction.

You can always not get on a flight. Surviving in a house with no power during sub zero temps is not so much a choice, especially since Ukrainian men of military age can't actually leave the country

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back