Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:

• Russia will be cut off from another bank at the end of the month.
  • Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp will stop processing Russian transactions in November, Bloomberg reported.
  • The Singaporean bank is following lenders in China, which have largely pulled back from Russia.
A Russian state media outlet reported that nearly all Chinese banks have stopped processing payments from Russia out of fear of being targeted.

Russia, meanwhile, has nearly depleted its yuan reserves and businesses earlier this year had been locked out of billions amid payment issues abroad, according to data from Russia's central bank.

Putin has already been conscripting Nepalese & Indian citizens by bringing them to Russia under the false pretense of gaining employment.

Hardly surprising he is using North Korean troops who obviously will be used as cannon fodder.

For someone who complains about the possibility of foreign troops fighting on Ukraine's said Putin sure is happy to send plenty of North Koreans, Indians & Nepalese people into battle on Russia's behalf. Along with sending plenty of North Korean cruise missiles Ukraine's way with Iranian attack drones en masse.

Russia was using Discord for military communications and has just banned it to stop Russians being able to talk to each other (people talking freely is always a threat to dictators).

I cannot decide which is worse, using a gaming platform for military coms or banning it without a replacement. I use Discord to watch Xcom2 and Warhammer3, had no idea it was being used for real war.

Russia was using Discord for military communications and has just banned it to stop Russians being able to talk to each other (people talking freely is always a threat to dictators).

I cannot decide which is worse, using a gaming platform for military coms or banning it without a replacement. I use Discord to watch Xcom2 and Warhammer3, had no idea it was being used for real war.
Yep they were using Discord to stream surveillance footage - which seems so strange but is probably actually a pretty decent idea.

The other curious one is the use of a "Steamdeck" controller. I'd never heard of such a thing.

Spoke to a Ukrainian friend the a couple of days ago who is living in Moldova. I mentioned the Moldovan elections but she thinks the US elections are much more impactful, of course for Ukraine, but even for Moldova.

Personally I am pretty sure it's just a choice between selling Ukraine out slowly versus quickly.

A couple of articles from one TG channel. Skipped a few about the burning oil farms and airfields as they have already been covered.

RF shells a geriatric centre in Kherson [ASTRA TG]

7 killed, 11 injured, during RF strike on Odessa port district. [ASTRA TG] (3 days ago)

Kadyrov threatens a blood feud v members of RF Duma (alleged related to a mafiaesque fight for control of Wildberries) [ASTRA TG]

Ukrainian journalist Victoria Roshchina died in captivity. [ASTRA TG] [ASTRA TG] [ASTRA TG]

RF forces young girls from Africa, Asia & Latin America into drone assembly facilities. The belief is that these facilities are treated as military targets by Ukraine, so the loss of immigrant lives during strikes is preferable to muscovites. [ASTRA]. The girls are recruited via advertisements promising "education in Europe, a free plane ride, and work in the service and catering industries".

Yep they were using Discord to stream surveillance footage - which seems so strange but is probably actually a pretty decent idea.

The other curious one is the use of a "Steamdeck" controller. I'd never heard of such a thing.
Mobbs, you are showing your age! A steamdeck is a Linux based handheld for gaming.

1728685049716.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back