Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

What a pathetic bunch of losers. The President, the coaching staff and the players????? have a problem with our only AFL premiership captain. * off, the lot of you.
It's not so much Tredrea, it's just that they have a problem with expectations.

They hate a big chunk of the membership for the same reason.

I'd love to know how many new voters the club will generate. This would undoubtedly be one of the most engaged board votes in our history, all because this sh!t truck of an organisation continues to deny any angst within the masses and refuses to take any accountability for pissing away a decade on a lame duck.

My understanding is that the Club has agreed to provide the results on the count once the poll closes in a fortnight. It will be the first time it has been made public under Koch - though this was something that was common place when Greg Boulton was President.

Speaking of Greg, he's going to be on AA radio tonight discussing the election.

It's not so much Tredrea, it's just that they have a problem with expectations.

They hate a big chunk of the membership for the same reason.
I wonder how these clowns will react when/if Ken finally leaves - while we're celebrating, they'll probably label it a dark day for our footy club.

The Happy Clappers are:
a) probably not members
b) have no idea about football and have never voted in their life
c) are morons
d) all of the above
Nah, there are plenty I’ve spoke to recently who we pro-incumbent and are switching to Abernathy.

Who the * are these people, how do you know them and why the * are you speaking to them?
I thought they were normal.

I was wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, there are plenty I’ve spoke to recently who we pro-incumbent and are switching to Abernathy.
In that sense Nagle dropping out may hinder more than it helps. The protest vote was always going to be with Tredrea regardless of who was put up against him. With Nagle there the 'anyone but Tredrea' vote was going to be split between Nagle and Abernethy which helps in a first past the post election. Head to head the 'anyone but Tredrea' camp have only one horse to bet on.

Still hoping Tredrea can run away with it, but my brief forays into the depths of the Facebook comments section really does worry me as to how dim some of our supporters really are.

I've got a horrible feeling this is going to be close!

Tredrea has really upset the happy clappers!

He's also mobilised a whole heap of silent dissenters towards the current regime.

The Happy Clappers are:
a) probably not members
c) are morons
d) all of the above
I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of them are really Crows fans - surely true Port fans embrace our premiership captain.

In that sense Nagle dropping out may hinder more than it helps. The protest vote was always going to be with Tredrea regardless of who was put up against him. With Nagle there the 'anyone but Tredrea' vote was going to be split between Nagle and Abernethy which helps in a first past the post election. Head to head the 'anyone but Tredrea' camp have only one horse to bet on.

Still hoping Tredrea can run away with it, but my brief forays into the depths of the Facebook comments section really does worry me as to how dim some of our supporters really are.

If social media was real life, the Greens would be running our federal government. Just as if Newscorp comments were real life we'd be run by Pauline Hanson.

The actual reality is what the every day fan is experiencing.

What we all need to remember is that the typical vote for these positions are around the 4k mark. What I expect is to see that number be closer to 10k this time. But history in elections show that people will vote for a candidate they want, not because they want to exclude a candidate.

Just imagine Tredders winning by 5,000 votes and Koch declares the count null and void cause 2 kids memberships were accidentally included

Scooby Doo Hello GIF by Boomerang Official

surely true Port fans embrace our premiership captain

I’ve seen a bunch of self-styled ‘true believers’ denigrating his playing career since the ‘untenable’ bombshell and beyond.

The same ones who think you should go elsewhere if you don’t back Koch, Hinkley and co 100%.

The Happy Clappers are:
a) probably not members
c) are morons
d) all of the above
I feel like there's a decent chunk of them who won't manage to work out how to vote.

I’ve seen a bunch of self-styled ‘true believers’ denigrating his playing career since the ‘untenable’ bombshell and beyond.

The same ones who think you should go elsewhere if you don’t back Koch, Hinkley and co 100%.
I'd like to ask them, "How long is long enough before you'll finally concede that Ken will never take us to the promised land?" Are they actually happy watching grand finals that don't involve Port?

That was the thinking of many when Tredrea initially spoke to Koch in September 2022 about joining the Board, and it's why I have been bemused as to Koch's actions surrounding the entire issue. He could have muzzled Tredrea and come out looking like a hero in one fell swoop. Instead he's going to look like an idiot once Tredrea gets on in what we hope is a landslide vote. Koch wants nothing to do with him regardless of what he has said publicly with respect to encouraging him to apply for the members elected position.
It doesn't work out that nicely. Say Koch does appoint Tredrea in to replace Cahill, in the hopes of muzzling him. Then Warren is still a disruptive influence within the board for the year.

And then we reach now, an election for a member voted position on the board. Where a second person who wants to rock the boat at Board level could be voted in. Koch then has two disruptive members on the board to deal with.

He's played it the right way even if Tredrea does win in a land slide, because the end result is just the one dispruptive board member. And the existing members of the Board can be a bit condescending in dismissing the guy who got voted in for popularity rather than appointed on merit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back