Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

well I thought coyler was a winger. Again that last goal vs Carlton. Coyler scored it from a Counter attack. Don't mind him or Walters playing in a forward flank as a 3rd winger.
He doesn't haven't a well defined position because he hasn't consistently performed in one. Hence why he was traded for a future 4th.

I am not a massive fan but he is fast so to me, the forward line makes sense.

Colyer talk in Acres thread?

FWIW I'm pretty excited about what Acres could provide for us with a defined role. I remember watching him in his first year and thinking that he could be a beast in a few years and then he kept getting thrown all over the shop. I might be being a tad optimistic but If he's going to rotate from inside to wing and back all game I can see him being a solid 20-25 possession player, he's a big fella with a big tank, so hopefully he splits open a few packs, clunks a few marks and runs all day. Just my 2 cents.

Yep if he’s a terrible kick keep him inside and handball. He is the good big body midfielder to replace Mundy and preserve Fyfe for 5 years

Colyer talk in Acres thread?

FWIW I'm pretty excited about what Acres could provide for us with a defined role. I remember watching him in his first year and thinking that he could be a beast in a few years and then he kept getting thrown all over the shop. I might be being a tad optimistic but If he's going to rotate from inside to wing and back all game I can see him being a solid 20-25 possession player, he's a big fella with a big tank, so hopefully he splits open a few packs, clunks a few marks and runs all day. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah I know. Sorry there, I accidently went from talking about Blake Arces playing inside and outside mid to Travis Coyler playing outside mid.

Point is..... Yeah the bloke is 193 cm and 90kg.

I am not expecting Acres to become another fyfe or Patrick Cripps. A lot of dockers would be happy if that happens.

The Bloke is 24. I dont think he has hit his peak yet. I hope not anyway.

These are the type of blokes in a rebuild we need to get us back into finals contention. If Guys like Acres and Blakely are in their prime years now, then guys like Stephen Hill, Walters and fyfe will be close to 30 or at 30 years old and that might mean a 2-4 year period of finals.

Injury Update: Not injured this morning. Injured now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to love Bewley, but I just can't...I just see a great VFL/WAFL player everytime. I'm preying I'm wrong because his skill level and physical development looks perfect for AFL but it just hasn't translated so thus far.

Agree. He could do with a bit of Schultz’s grunt and get down and dirty attitude. Said it mid season last year that he looks a “fair weather” player, i.e when the conditions are good and the game is open, he’ll shine, otherwise not so much.

Agree. He could do with a bit of Schultz’s grunt and get down and dirty attitude. Said it mid season last year that he looks a “fair weather” player, i.e when the conditions are good and the game is open, he’ll shine, otherwise not so much.

His biggest issue for me is his complete lack of composure. He grabs it slams it on the boot and considers it to be someone elses issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back