Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pleasantly surprised
It feels like he has gone from a fringe player to a really important piece of our list for in such a short time.

Its a great vote of confidence in him.

I'm waiting for the cornes/king "why Dylan Moore signing on is an indication hawthorn is going nowhere" article

Has it been reported how much he has signed on for ? I'm guessing around 600-650 a season but really have no clue.
I'd be guessing around that mark. He'd be looking at $800k at the end of this if lives up to this contract. By then he'll be at peak age and form.

Happy to trade him + our first round pick for Harley Reid at the end of the year if that is the case.
what the fuck GIF

$450 -$550k range would have been my guess. Agree with you, $800k is way overs
Dylan finished top 3 in our B&F, is one of the best half forwards (a notoriously difficult position to play) in the leauge and along with Bontempelli is one of only 2 players to average over 20 possession and a goal a game.

He is worth every bit of $600 to $650k to the Hawks and I reckon on the open market he could easily get $800k (Christ spuds like Mitch McGovern and Zac Williams are making that kind of coin).

No way would he be on $450-500, that's just a average AFL wage these days and Dylan is lot better than that these days.

great to sign him up, but if it's for the 650K-800K price range we're in trouble.
Happy to trade him + our first round pick for Harley Reid at the end of the year if that is the case.
I think 600-650 is a pretty fair deal for both parties considering his value to the team.There must be plenty of cap space available as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great to sign him up, but if it's for the 650K-800K price range we're in trouble.
You are one really strange cat.

We can afford to be reasonably generous with his contract but proper contract management is an important component of success. We have plenty of potential coming through that we will have to accommodate in future years. It is not just current cap that we have to think about.
Fortunately, the AFL seems to regularly inflate the cap. I reckon $650 should be fine, especially if it is front loaded.

Dylan finished top 3 in our B&F, is one of the best half forwards (a notoriously difficult position to play) in the leauge and along with Bontempelli is one of only 2 players to average over 20 possession and a goal a game.

He is worth every bit of $600 to $650k to the Hawks and I reckon on the open market he could easily get $800k (Christ spuds like Mitch McGovern and Zac Williams are making that kind of coin).

No way would he be on $450-500, that's just a average AFL wage these days and Dylan is lot better than that these days.
The average salary in 2021 was $372K
Moore is an elite HHF, no doubt, but it's a position you do not give too much space to within your salary cap bc you don't build your team around such players.
Harley Reid is a generational talent by most reports.
Regardless of Moore's salary, I would do that trade in a heartbeat!
This isn't even as controversial as Croad for Hodge.

Moore is an elite HHF, no doubt, but it's a position you do not give too much space to within your salary cap bc you don't build your team around such players.
I am really, really happy you are not our list manager, because, seriously, you have NFI.

Average is horrible way to calculate what an average player is worth, 2/3 of the list would be on 250k or less. Moore is the quality you would hope from a top 5 pick it's nonsense you wouldn't pay him 650k.

Harley Reid hasn't played a single AFL game and you want to throw away an AA quality player and top 5 pick.

Average is horrible way to calculate what an average player is worth, 2/3 of the list would be on 250k or less. Moore is the quality you would hope from a top 5 pick it's nonsense you wouldn't pay him 650k.

Harley Reid hasn't played a single AFL game and you want to throw away an AA quality player and top 5 pick.

Plus potential captain to boot.

Red card for the next campaigner who wants to already talk about trading our good players for Harley Reid.

Talk about our players in our players' threads, and just enjoy the ****ing season, FFS!

I'd be guessing around that mark. He'd be looking at $800k at the end of this if lives up to this contract. By then he'll be at peak age

I think 600-650 is a pretty fair deal for both parties considering his value to the team.There must be plenty of cap space available as well.
My posting was that at the end of the new contract he might be looking at $800k for the next contract. That's in 4 years time and of course by then there would have been inflation is players' salaries. He'd be 27 then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back