Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, he totally went for it and missed, evident on the TV by his reaction and hands in his head, knowingly frustrated that he should have passed the ball for a certain goal.

My take anyway.

Don’t agree. That reaction could just have been due to fluffing an easily gettable chance to pass to him team mates for an easy goal. Not saying it was, but you could read it a number of ways.

Nah, he totally went for it and missed, evident on the TV by his reaction and hands in his head, knowingly frustrated that he should have passed the ball for a certain goal.

My take anyway.
But he didn't make the distance and barely kicked through the ball. If he was having a shot it would have gone through post height.

Kicked a dribble kick
It wasn't a dribble kick but his attempt was similar to that of kicking it to a player be that on the line or aiming for a spot in the distance. He didn't try to kick it 50m, but I believe did go for goal.

Look at the players reaction on socials, he's been roasted and his mates are laughing about the reactions.

It wasn't a dribble kick but his attempt was similar to that of kicking it to a player be that on the line or aiming for a spot in the distance. He didn't try to kick it 50m, but I believe did go for goal.

Look at the players reaction on socials, he's been roasted and his mates are laughing about the reactions.
I can’t remember the name of it, but Fletch was teaching it with us during a footy dev session and it’s a low flat kick which skids through, was just off line.

I just love everything this young man brings.

EVERYTHING

Same - work ethic, wearing his heart on his sleeve, busting his guts out for his boyhood club, always willing to take a shot, cheeky bugger. If we want more TV games then a player like Ginnivan is going to bring eyeballs and bums on seats. Even those who hate him won't be able to take their eyes off of him.

Ginnivan is an absolute master of winding down the clock. This would be from his Collingwood days as they practice, again and again, bottling it up and running down the clock, when it needs to be done. The Pies are frustratingly good at fumbling and bumbling the ball into a held up situation to milk seconds of the clock and not give away a holding the ball decision. Ginnivan always displays that skill for the hawks and it looks like the team is learning it.

Secondly, how the hell did Ginnivan's thread slip to halfway down the second page? I think it shows he has stopped ducking, and the rest of his game is coming along nicely. Hoping for another big game from him, although all his games have been fairly good.

Great player!

Go Hawks.

They were much better than hawthorn icing the game in the 2011 prelim too

AJ Styles is the best pure worker in the WWE but Roman Reigns has been on the promotional posters for majority of the past decade.

Funny you mention AJ as I reckon both look similar and have the same haircut.

Same - work ethic, wearing his heart on his sleeve, busting his guts out for his boyhood club, always willing to take a shot, cheeky bugger. If we want more TV games then a player like Ginnivan is going to bring eyeballs and bums on seats. Even those who hate him won't be able to take their eyes off of him.
Absolutely 100% spot on. So enjoyable watching him play. People complain about the celebrations etc being over the top.

I bloody love it. Shows how much he’s loving playing for his childhood dream club and playing with freedom to just be himself.

He mentioned in an interview he was basically locked into 1 10th of the ground (1 fwd pocket) at Collingwood. Imagine how hard that would be for a young small forward finding his way. It’s no wonder his numbers dropped off in his last year at the pies.

He now has the freedom to roam and boy is it paying dividends. Don’t even get me started on his personality which is something I think has drifted out of the game a bit. Love it and the smart arse attitude he brings! You’re right in that he along with the Wiz, Moore and co will be putting bums on seats for the next 10 years.

Big LOL to Collingwood who thought they were getting a massive upgrade in Schultz. I like Schultz but Ginni has had a far better year thus far.

I’ll also mention he has an extremely strong head on his shoulders. I sat next to his Aunt and grandmother in round 1 and she spoke in depth about the amount abuse he has copped over the years. She said he just gets on with it and that it actually fires him up. He uses it to his advantage mentally.

Keep it up Ginni! :hearteyes:

There was a Crows supporter in front of me who - once he realised his team weren't really in the game - started jokingly yelling out Ginni's name constantly as tho trying to fire him up, and was really hilarious.

Taken out of context or heard by someone a few rows away, it may have semmed like he was being horrible, but he and his mate were having a great laugh.

When Ginni kicked that goal at 3QT - his reaction was priceless :)

There was a Crows supporter in front of me who - once he realised his team weren't really in the game - started jokingly yelling out Ginni's name constantly as tho trying to fire him up, and was really hilarious.

Taken out of context or heard by someone a few rows away, it may have semmed like he was being horrible, but he and his mate were having a great laugh.

When Ginni kicked that goal at 3QT - his reaction was priceless :)
Funny I had a group of idiots like this too near me doing similar shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we want more TV games then a player like Ginnivan is going to bring eyeballs and bums on seats. Even those who hate him won't be able to take their eyes off of him.
This 100%. A couple of years ago I went to a Collingwood v Port game at the G with a mate and every time Ginni went near the ball the crowd raised 20% at least in volume- pies fans screaming for him, Port fans screaming at him. Was absolutely noticeable, to a point we both laughed when he was getting near it in the last quarter!

Great to have someone with his profile.

Has anyone seen the other angle of this? I've only seen this angle when it was live and at first I thought he dropped in the tackle but looking at it again I'm not so sure. It actually looks like he was a sloppy tackle and was brought downwards.

Has anyone seen the other angle of this? I've only seen this angle when it was live and at first I thought he dropped in the tackle but looking at it again I'm not so sure. It actually looks like he was a sloppy tackle and was brought downwards.

Shit commentary combined with league-wide bias is the only thing that put doubt on this.

Happened all day both ways

The free he got yesterday was dubious at best. There’s a bit of Ginni lotto as to whether or not he gets a free. We get some that are a bit iffy, we miss a lot more. Take it and move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back