Welcome to the Adelaide Crows, Cathal McShane (narrator: he didn't come)

Remove this Banner Ad

We shouldn't have sent soldiers to WW1 or WW2 then either...per capita, we wouldn't have done anything.

Just look after our backyard, don't take a leading role, do the right thing, etc?

It's hard to influence others when your own backyard isn't in order

So you don't count the coal we export?
We also didn’t chose to be the only ones to go.

Actually, ozone layer is one of the things humans have fixed ... smallest it's been apparently.

I still think he's safer back in Ireland.
ahb-laugh-png.506378

dublin-adelaide-uv-idx-jpg.814070
It's shrinking, but it's still got a long way to go before it returns to its pre-CFC days.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is interesting how relatively easy it was to get the world to take action on the ozone hole compared to climate change, though. Didn't see a lot of ozone hole denial going on. I guess the chlorofluorocarbon industries didn't have the financial weight to throw around that the fossil fuels do :p
The CFC manufacturers quickly realised that they could make just as much money from the CFC replacement gases.

Coal mining companies don't generally manufacture solar panels or wind turbines.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds promising, they aren’t expecting him to be at Tyrone

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is really deflating, not sure what he was told to expect when being recruited but how we could not get him out of the bleak and miserable winters of Ireland has got me scratching my head, surely club members are owed a little more information than what's on the presser as this looks like we don't have a good internal club environment again, I for one am hopeful this is not the case and instead Cathal was never really serious about trying to become an AFL Footballer.

Why would there be power outages? We are talking about countries who rely on coal for their power needs and sourcing that coal. If we stop they will get it from somewhere. If the supplier keeps their prices realistic life will go on whilst Australia suffers so people can feel good.

The coal industry is only 30,000 people in Australia - there's more baristas than there are coal employees. There will be barely 100 people working in the entire Adani mine. It's an industry that will be dead within 15 years - we should absolutely be re-skilling the people in that industry for the thousands of jobs that will emerge in the sustainable energy industry.

If existing coal fired power stations could get their coal at a realistic price from somewhere else, they already would be. Australia absolutely needs to get its house in order around the responsibility we have to help solve the climate crisis, before it destroys our economy.

This is really deflating, not sure what he was told to expect when being recruited but how we could not get him out of the bleak and miserable winters of Ireland has got me scratching my head, surely club members are owed a little more information than what's on the presser as this looks like we don't have a good internal club environment again, I for one am hopeful this is not the case and instead Cathal was never really serious about trying to become an AFL Footballer.

Settle. Maybe he just wasn't any good.

Settle. Maybe he just wasn't any good.
I was trying to be kind, but yeah that's what I mean't, surely the club could say that though so we are not left thinking otherwise and leave ourselves open to a possible cheap shot from the 'negative to Adelaide' media haters again.

The coal industry is only 30,000 people in Australia - there's more baristas than there are coal employees. There will be barely 100 people working in the entire Adani mine. It's an industry that will be dead within 15 years - we should absolutely be re-skilling the people in that industry for the thousands of jobs that will emerge in the sustainable energy industry.

If existing coal fired power stations could get their coal at a realistic price from somewhere else, they already would be. Australia absolutely needs to get its house in order around the responsibility we have to help solve the climate crisis, before it destroys our economy.
I see you’re off topic to deflect from blowing your load too early.

Anyway, your notion that it’s Australia or no realistic price is as flawed as your OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Adelaide Crows, Cathal McShane (narrator: he didn't come)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back