Welcome to the Bulldogs James O'Donnell (CAT B ROOKIE)

Remove this Banner Ad

How does that work?

Many years ago some folks on big footy used to chip in $50 to sponsor players. Got a nice little badge on our profile picture for it too

It’s a pinned thread at the top of the Bulldogs forum, currently sponsoring Dale & Richards for the last few years

Many years ago some folks on big footy used to chip in $50 to sponsor players. Got a nice little badge on our profile picture for it too
Yep I was one, back in Rockets time. None of them were any good though :(

Last edited:
The second coming has arrived. Began as an Easter miracle. Congratulations JOD son of God. Will be spending a lot of time on the wing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230407-131705_DuckDuckGo.png
    Screenshot_20230407-131705_DuckDuckGo.png
    314.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230407-131134_DuckDuckGo.png
    Screenshot_20230407-131134_DuckDuckGo.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 55
Saturday night just got that little bit more exciting. Great news, he has played well and has adjusted quicker than anyone would have expected.

Has got the size and the attributes to be a very good player. Still only 20 as well, four months younger than Marra.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Question, not a pisstake, how did Jimmy earn his spot? Haven’t been able to keep up the the VFL team progress so curious to know what qualities and on field performance earned him a call up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question, not a pisstake, how did Jimmy earn his spot? Haven’t been able to keep up the the VFL team progress so curious to know what qualities and on field performance earned him a call up.

He's a great mark and has surprisingly good game sense for someone who hasn't played in a while. Just gets in good spots and disposes of it well.

He's a great mark and has surprisingly good game sense for someone who hasn't played in a while. Just gets in good spots and disposes of it well.

how does he handle pressure?

To be fair this is probably the first rogue selection of the year in comparison to the last couple we are relatively stable bar injury.

Maybe he met up with Dimma for a sesh this week on how he could throw a spanner in the works

Righto Jimmy, you’re in this week. Harry & Charlie are going to be charging from behind you, but just sit in the hole and mark everything that comes in before they do. AFL is easy mate

If Busslinger was in the same form at VFL level we’d be screaming out for him to debut. It’s only really a shock because where his come from, but form warrants a run.

On his ability, his contested marking is a highlight and technically a good kick.

Only areas I’ve notice for improvement is he wasn’t great at defending the ground ball and he missed a few tackles - this got better from game 1 to 3.

If he comes good then all of a sudden our future KPD stocks don’t look all too dire. He and Bus could form a great pairing, with Gardner also still young and hopefully more upside to his game.

I'm glad that, alongside Buku, we're finally utilising the CatB rookie pathway that other clubs have been taking advantage of for years. Would never have imagined it would be used so efficiently.

I still remember the days, not so long ago, of having to raise funds just to take on a normal rookie (Tom Davidson).

Go well James.

I'm glad that, alongside Buku, we're finally utilising the CatB rookie pathway that other clubs have been taking advantage of for years. Would never have imagined it would be used so efficiently.

I still remember the days, not so long ago, of having to raise funds just to take on a normal rookie (Tom Davidson).

Go well James.
Didn’t Willy contribute to Pickens rookie contract? Pretty defining moment in our history in hindsight - club has certainly come a long longggg way off field in a relatively short time

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs James O'Donnell (CAT B ROOKIE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back