Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you only post when we are going shit?

We played 6 weeks of pretty solid football and after one poor game you are absolutely going off your head. Seriously just chill, you'll give yourself a hernia expecting us to be on every week.

FWIW I was furious after the game. I organised my whole day around watching it on telly and what we trotted out was absolutely insipid. BUT - the only reason I did that was because I've been to every Melbourne game since the bye and it's been the first time in years I've had fun watching us and been proud of what we are dishing up. So for the love of god stop being such a ****ing downer!

I posted positive stuff when we won. I was there. It was good. This week was shit.

You being furious. That’s acceptable then?

I’m not the downer, our team is. Let’s see if they have it in them to respond this week.

Winners win. We get the slightest bit of hope and the boys follow it up with a pigtruck stench of an effort. Predictably. Not cool. That toxic behaviour needs to be called out, girlfriend.
The only thing that needs to be called out ‘girlfriend’, is your hysteria. ‘Toxic’ lol.

The only thing that needs to be called out ‘girlfriend’, is your hysteria. ‘Toxic’ lol.

Dylan Stephens doesn’t go in a contest once, this place has a nuclear meltdown.

Our whole team does it for three quarters of a game (again, like earlier in the year), and I’m the unhinged one for pointing it out?

Enjoy. Enjoy basking, clapping and grunting like a clueless seal in this sea of mediocrity.

(If we defeat Carlton I take back 25% of what I just said).

I was really looking forward to the analysis on First Crack.
Somewhat metaphorically, they didn’t even bother acknowledging that we were even there.
Much like our fellas after quarter time.

You all know that this week is going ti be a cracker against Carlton and we’ll be the talk of the town again.

Is he quick enough though? Like Kozzie manic?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
During a match sim a couple weeks ago at training he burned off LDU Sheez and Simpkin with a run through the corridor before getting a great i50. I had kinda forgotten he existed but I immediately said to my brother that we need to persist with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gastro, glandular fever, dick cheese whatever the **** it was the chances we had to break even on that Sydney shithole that every Victorian club hates except Collingwood is what sealed our fate.

Watching back the replay, we tried to possess, move and extract but Sydney with the home ground advantage absolutely fisted us.

That ground is like GMHBA in terms of advantage. It's broken.

It takes one long kick to get it from deep inside forward 50 to our defensive half of the ground.

The **** is that shit. No space for us to move the ball like we do at Marvel.

Dunno why but despite expecting us to turn up with a combative mindset wasn't that bothered by the result. And I'm not in the camp of "they're top of the ladder it's ok". Every top team can be upset on their day.

In real time I felt our effort was there. But our system wasn't and as a result we looked like the north of 2020-2024 pre bye.

Forward structure and entry still a seemingly eternal issue. Why on earth we see our forwards all cluster is anybody's guess. As said previously I actually dread our I50s because most of the time we just kick to a pack with their resting ruck in it or pick out their interceptors as if by design.

Dylan Stephens had a decent game, hopefully he's got his graft up to a minimum level to allow his real weapons to be used.

As for Sydney... Was there some kind of spell cast in 1995 when they embarrassed us at the MCG?

We got the flag over them 30 years ago but since then..

If there's a dodgy unprecedented act to lose us a game - it'll be against Sydney.

If our confidence is temporarily up and a team is about smash us back into reality - it'll be Sydney.

If there's a team smarting about being undermanned or underperforming and looking to atone by beating us up - it'll be Sydney.

Without going to the tape how many times have we beaten these pricks in the last 15 years? 4 times? 5?

Far out.

Dunno why but despite expecting us to turn up with a combative mindset wasn't that bothered by the result. And I'm not in the camp of "they're top of the ladder it's ok". Every top team can be upset on their day.

In real time I felt our effort was there. But our system wasn't and as a result we looked like the north of 2020-2024 pre bye.

Forward structure and entry still a seemingly eternal issue. Why on earth we see our forwards all cluster is anybody's guess. As said previously I actually dread our I50s because most of the time we just kick to a pack with their resting ruck in it or pick out their interceptors as if by design.

Dylan Stephens had a decent game, hopefully he's got his graft up to a minimum level to allow his real weapons to be used.

As for Sydney... Was there some kind of spell cast in 1995 when they embarrassed us at the MCG?

If there's a dodgy unprecedented act to lose us a game - it'll be against Sydney.

If our confidence is temporarily up and a team is about smash us back into reality - it'll be Sydney.

If there's a team smarting about being undermanned or underperforming and looking to atone by beating us up - it'll be Sydney.

Without going to the tape how many times have we beaten these pricks in the last 15 years? 4 times? 5?

Far out.

A couple finals in our decent years of the 00’s/10’s. But yeah, since then 🥵

We never win at the SCG. Like, we can’t even entertain that as a possibility ever again.

Down at the dome, I mean we might get close if Swans are bad enough. But even then, we’re seconds away from the footage being reviewed and we’re pinged on something completely unprecedented in the entire sport.

A smiling, past-it Buddy smiling and fist pumping at Marvel when it’s stolen from us. A heartwarming Parker reunion at the SCG.

I’m over these tight-jerseyed knobs having it over us. I’m over Horse, the turncoat, swearing like a mofo behind his hand in the box for years, while our coach gets in trouble on the bench.

It’s the shit-tip where Hawaii Paul made his eternal name as the beacon of knowledge in the AFL by winning one grand final by one point with a list built by someone else for him to swoop on and take the credit for.

**** the Swans.

The.

Swans.

A couple finals in our decent years of the 00’s/10’s. But yeah, since then 🥵

We never win at the SCG. Like, we can’t even entertain that as a possibility ever again.

Down at the dome, I mean we might get close if Swans are bad enough. But even then, we’re seconds away from the footage being reviewed and we’re pinged on something completely unprecedented in the entire sport.

A smiling, past-it Buddy smiling and fist pumping at Marvel when it’s stolen from us. A heartwarming Parker reunion at the SCG.

I’m over these tight-jerseyed knobs having it over us. I’m over Horse, the turncoat, swearing like a mofo behind his hand in the box for years, while our coach gets in trouble on the bench.

It’s the shit-tip where Hawaii Paul made his eternal name as the beacon of knowledge in the AFL by winning one grand final by one point with a list built by someone else for him to swoop on and take the credit for.

**** the Swans.

The.

Swans.
When we beat them up there it will be like beating Hawthorn in 94 - life changing milestone.

Far out.
Yes, I recall that year we had two shockers at the MCG, vs Collingwood and vs Sydney. Think it was '96 IIRC.

Yes, I recall that year we had two shockers at the MCG, vs Collingwood and vs Sydney. Think it was '96 IIRC.
1995 - a completely inept Sydney team beat our top 4 quality side at the MCG. The Sam Newman tutu bet game.

1996 - H&A Sydney beat us by 89 points at Princes Park. Thankfully we got them back that year when it mattered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back