West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he?

Wouldn't get near it if he was playing at WCE, unfortunately.
Well yeah. all the commentators said that he is showing that he probably should've been in the top 3 based on what they've seen. He's been better than Reid thus far.

What makes you say that? We gave you Jayden Hunt and he became one of your best players last season, playing the same role. If Reid was at Melbourne he wouldn't even be playing midfield, maybe not even playing a game.

Well yeah. all the commentators said that he is showing that he probably should've been in the top 3 based on what they've seen. He's been better than Reid thus far.

Yeah, nah. Haven't heard any say that and from what I've seen he hasn't been better.

What makes you say that? We gave you Jayden Hunt and he became one of your best players last season, playing the same role. If Reid was at Melbourne he wouldn't even be playing midfield, maybe not even playing a game.

Hunt plays as a rebounding defender.

Also, Reid absolutely would be playing if Melbourne drafted him. They were desperate to pick him up, hence throwing everything they could at the trade to get pick 1.

Why do you think Lyon was so pissed WCE refused to trade? He also had a proper meltdown when WCE wouldn't sack Simpson.

There's a very good reason WCE have gone from having other teams walk it out of stoppages to now breaking even in one off season and it isn't simply the return of a fit Yeo

Yeah, nah. Haven't heard any say that and from what I've seen he hasn't been better.

Hunt plays as a rebounding defender.

Also, Reid absolutely would be playing if Melbourne drafted him. They were desperate to pick him up, hence throwing everything they could at the trade to get pick 1.

Why do you think Lyon was so pissed WCE refused to trade? He also had a proper meltdown when WCE wouldn't sack Simpson.

There's a very good reason WCE have gone from having other teams walk it out of stoppages to now breaking even in one off season and it isn't simply the return of a fit Yeo
Yeah, because Reid will be a gun that's why. But he isn't getting cba's in our midfield. He'd be inside 50.

Yeah, because Reid will be a gun that's why. But he isn't getting cba's in our midfield. He'd be inside 50.
Why wouldn't he get CBAs? It's not like your mids play 100% of gametime. Obviously, he wouldn't get as many as at WCE but he'd get a go in there from time to time.

Why wouldn't he get CBAs? It's not like your mids play 100% of gametime. Obviously, he wouldn't get as many as at WCE but he'd get a go in there from time to time.
well he's behind Oliver, Petracca, Viney and Sparrow. so he could take Picketts cba's who took 4 on the weekend.

Don't get me wrong he'll be a gun but dees were keen on him for what he'll become, not for what he is.

If WC fi ish last with less than 4 wins then a PP is a given IMO.
The AFL is big business and they are big on manufacturing as much as they can to ensure the $s continue to roll in. WCE are a big earner for the AFL so it is in their best financial interest to have them competitive.
Most now understand integrity and fairness takes a distant back seat to they almighty dollar in the eyes of the AFL.

If WC fi ish last with less than 4 wins then a PP is a given IMO.
The AFL is big business and they are big on manufacturing as much as they can to ensure the $s continue to roll in. WCE are a big earner for the AFL so it is in their best financial interest to have them competitive.
Most now understand integrity and fairness takes a distant back seat to they almighty dollar in the eyes of the AFL.

When you say afl you mean the poor clubs are relying on wce earning ability?

Finish last, team above you gets priority picks, pushing your picks out. Yeah I can see the fairness and integrity you are talking about.

Plus it’s PPs, not PP, thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to call BS but Some of the enigmatic s**t your lot pulled off last year was bewildering, losing by 100-150 points on lots of occasions then beating GWS and Bulldogs , you can’t make this s**t up

I honestly can’t see either Norf or Hawf getting worse

They will start putting 4 quarters together and winning games by year end
I’m not sinking the boots in coz WC ( maybe a little bit ) just can’t see anyone else sliding that far

F knows what’s happening with Adelaide though
We started getting players back towards the back end of last year and there was a lot more cohesion on field.

Perhaps all the external group galvanized the group a bit also but really, you should need that to be able to perform as a professional athlete, they simply gave up in a lot of games pre-bye. I wonder how much of it was affected though by blokes who simply knew they wouldn't be there at the end of the season and were simply playing because the club had no choice?

Been a few big margins already this year but stats indicate they are at least putting in until the final siren. Just need some cohesion between the mids and forwards and we'll trouble more than a few teams hopefully.

Adelaide may have drunk their own bath water a bit but they do have a bit of an odd profile.

Might be a case of 1 step back for 2 forwards for them this year. Geelong '06 style maybe?

We started getting players back towards the back end of last year and there was a lot more cohesion on field.

Perhaps all the external group galvanized the group a bit also but really, you should need that to be able to perform as a professional athlete, they simply gave up in a lot of games pre-bye. I wonder how much of it was affected though by blokes who simply knew they wouldn't be there at the end of the season and were simply playing because the club had no choice?

Been a few big margins already this year but stats indicate they are at least putting in until the final siren. Just need some cohesion between the mids and forwards and we'll trouble more than a few teams hopefully.

Adelaide may have drunk their own bath water a bit but they do have a bit of an odd profile.

Might be a case of 1 step back for 2 forwards for them this year. Geelong '06 style maybe?
I honestly think you lot are a shout against Richmond this week but far out , I watched the first half of the Sydney game and for all the solid effort by the Eagles some of the ball butchering at times was next level, atrocious stuff .

On Adelaide they seem to be doing a Freo 2023 , exceeded everyone’s expectations the year prior then a few injuries here , a dodgy call there and they just revert back to the norm .

I honestly think you lot are a shout against Richmond this week but far out , I watched the first half of the Sydney game and for all the solid effort by the Eagles some of the ball butchering at times was next level, atrocious stuff .

The ball butchering has been so incredibly frustrating.

Games would've been a hell of a lot closer if they simply didn't fail to execute basic skills and get burnt on transition.

Still, we were getting dominated across the board last couple of seasons. This year at least, we're matching is in clearances, around the contest and even inside 50s, although the entries themselves have been most poor.

Baby steps but there's signs at least. Last year, post derby there was nothing until the last 4 games.

On Adelaide they seem to be doing a Freo 2023 , exceeded everyone’s expectations the year prior then a few injuries here , a dodgy call there and they just revert back to the norm .

Quite possibly. Contract year for Nicks, so he may need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get an extension.

I for one certainly thought they'd be performing far better than they currently are.

I don't think they have been bad enough for long enough.

They were competitive against the Swans.
honestly they should be better than they are in most games their list is bad but they still have some good players that should be making them more competitive in games.

I don't know how they lost to the Dogs by 76 points that should never happen imo.
They still have a good spine, I know their probably past their best but they are experienced players they should not be getting smashed.

honestly they should be better than they are in most games their list is bad but they still have some good players that should be making them more competitive in games.

I don't know how they lost to the Dogs by 76 points that should never happen imo.
They still have a good spine, I know their probably past their best but they are experienced players they should not be getting smashed.

The Port game we were lucky with them missing some gettable shots (although we did force quite a few long shot from angles. Don't recall many sodas being missed although no doubt there was a couple).

We really didn't help ourselves to keep the margin down vs GWS or Dogs though, kicking 5.13 and 3.12. The Dogs game certainly also had a few FTS shots too.

Bad kicking is bad football no doubt. But at least there is a certain area for improvement which would see automatic results on the scoreboard.

When you say afl you mean the poor clubs are relying on wce earning ability?

Finish last, team above you gets priority picks, pushing your picks out. Yeah I can see the fairness and integrity you are talking about.

Plus it’s PPs, not PP, thank you.
No, **** the struggling teams with small supporter bases.
When I say AFL I mean TV ratings. If the very large WC fan base start switching off after year upon year of being uncompetitive it will reduce the next TV rights deal.

Bad enough for long enough is interesting. Less than 5 wins in each of 22 and 23, 2 wins in the second half of 21 and heading towards a 3 to 4 win season (still a lot to play out but this is the current trajectory).
3.5 years of it is a fair length of time.
Back in the days where the AFL had some transperancy, back to back 5 win seasons automatically got you a PP. On that basis we have been bad enough for more than long enough.
Im still hoping for things to click as we do still have some quality on the list and some good youngsters so maybe this early season PP talk is premature. But Im realistic enough to understand we are pretty shit and a sub 5 win season is upon us.

I'll wait until Rd16. Home games against Richmond, North and Hawthorn. By then one of Hawthorn/North might be on zero wins and West Coast 2 wins

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back