2nds West Coast WAFL (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 minutes into the second apparently Lynch has 5 effective kicks and is spotting up targets inside the 50 rather then bombing it in.

I thought the whole reason he was sent back to the WAFL is so that he would be on the other side of the 50.

Some half time stats:

Code:
#  	Name  		D  	K  	HB  	M  	T  	HO  	I50  	FF  	FA  	G.B  	Rnk  		
30	SPANGHER M	9	4	5	2	3	0	0	1	1		38	
42	HOULIHAN T	10	7	3	2	1	0	3	0	0		37
27	STEVENS K	11	7	4	5	2	1	0	0	1		50
44	WEEDON G	9	4	5	3	3	0	1	0	0		43	
14	COCKIE A	9	3	6	1	2	0	0	0	4		20	
6	NICOSKI M	9	7	2	1	1	0	0	2	1	1.2	39	
3	STRIJK A	11	8	3	3	1	0	1	0	1		40	
44	LYNCH Q		13	10	3	5	0	2	4	1	1	0.2	53
37	HAMS A		5	1	4	2	5	0	1	0	1		34

Also:
7	MCNAMARA J	17	7	10	4	0	0	4	0	0		53

one of the commentators on abc radio just said woosha said Stevens was a chance to debut next week. Except i remember someone saying that some else said he was still about 4 weeks away... Did anyone here Woosha say this or was the commentator wrong?

42 HOULIHAN T 20D 12K 8H 5M 3T 0HO 4i50 1 0 1G.0 86
27 STEVENS K 19D 12K 7H 7M 2T 1HO 1i50 0 1 77
i would be more tempted to bring in Houlihan before stevens as he adds more pace, they had pretty much the same stats but with 4 inside 50's and 1 goal to his name. Otherwise id give him another week, id have him slot in for a. selwood

good to see JON getting 2 goals and rackin up 15 possies, not setting the world on fire by the sounds of it but a much better improvement on prior weeks

42 HOULIHAN T 20D 12K 8H 5M 3T 0HO 4i50 1 0 1G.0 86
27 STEVENS K 19D 12K 7H 7M 2T 1HO 1i50 0 1 77
i would be more tempted to bring in Houlihan before stevens as he adds more pace, they had pretty much the same stats but with 4 inside 50's and 1 goal to his name. Otherwise id give him another week, id have him slot in for a. selwood
Would love to have them both in. Drop Ebert possibly.

hmm yeh but that is highly unlikely, id rather dalziel out for stevens and keeping ebert in
You've got to be kidding me. The triple D train was in our best on Saturday. His kicking and decisions are a lot higher quality than Eberts and he gets more of the ball. If he got dropped this week I'd be furious at the selection panel.

I'd also drop Embley before Dalziell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got to be kidding me. The triple D train was in our best on Saturday. His kicking and decisions are a lot higher quality than Eberts and he gets more of the ball. If he got dropped this week I'd be furious at the selection panel.

I'd also drop Embley before Dalziell.

yeh fair enough, forgot about embley, id have him out for houlihan and stevens in for a selwood

one of the commentators on abc radio just said woosha said Stevens was a chance to debut next week. Except i remember someone saying that some else said he was still about 4 weeks away... Did anyone here Woosha say this or was the commentator wrong?

Scott Burns said 4-5 weeks on a radio interview on Saturday , has groin issues . Woosha just doesn't know says things to please sometimes I think Woosha also said that three rookies could be a chance also !

Ryan Neates played reserves for Claremont today and was dominate in a winning team , ran many k's , had many bounces and handballed a lot . Neates is a running midfield link up player and I would expect he will play in the Claremont league team very soon :thumbsu:

Lewis Broome played the first half , kicked one goal in the second quarter but never came out of the changerooms after half time ???

Jayden Woods was brilliant in the reserves and Chad Jones kicked at least nine goals in the league .

B Jones improved as the game went on but his disposal at times was plain average ! Weedon did the little things well is a good mover and has a presence on the field and always looks dangerous but has a way to go yet .

Ryan Neates was quite impressive and talks a plenty out on the field looks like a midfielder .

Thank GOD Houls is mended. The start of the year when he was PFO(pissed and fell over) and cut his foot, it seemed like forever before he was playing again. I hope we see him soon.:thumbsu:
Bones got 36 touches.

Lynch 33 touches, 11 inside 50s and 3 goals 4.

Nicoski 22 touches, 5 tackles and a goal.
NO more Nico please.
No doubt, Lynch was playing as a midfielder agian:(

Hai guys,

Just got home from the Foundaton day derby, will give the brief summary ;)of your players, start with the poor ones.

A. Hams was very dissappointing upon return, couldnt get into the game, played all over the ground but never really had a say, looks like he's knackered whenever he's near the ball, didnt chase and as the stats suggest couldnt get too many contests. Looks like he's running on broken glass.

Wilson was also pretty average, the deilvery wasnt great but neither was his recovery, needs to work harder when the ball has hit the deck. Didnt lead too hard and whilst his kicking at goal was good, his kicking into the 50 was pretty average. He also needs to stop doing the ole U-turn and learn to dish off. Got caught a few times.

Now to the Easts boys, for me the standout was Koby Stevens, so strong in the contest, so willing to put his body on the line to get his teammate involved. Whilst his stats werent fantastic his body work and strength in close was a standout, his dont argues were fantastic.

He's a great size and works hard both ways, I reckon he could play the role of A.Hams in the forward line but offer more in the air.

Tim Houlihan was also pretty good, his ran and carry was a feature, someone has taught him how to kick. He is no longer dropping it from his shoulder, he guides the ball to boot and takes the time to steady himself on the run.

Had a few 80 metre plays where he linked up from half back kick down field then received the ball back on the wing to transfer the ball into 50.

I could see him coming into your side and playing Embley's role with more pace and a little more dare, skills are probably better than Embley's now too. Might not have said that last year.

Matt Spangher did a great job on Wilson, restricted him on the lead and rebounded strongly. Wasnt outstanding but it was effective, disposal was good, few clangers but no howlers.

In regards to potential players, from a mature age perspective, Monteath knows how to find the footy but like Macnamara tends to kick and think later, think he can improve because his kicking technique is pretty good has ok penetration. Is having a good year.

For Souths the only bloke along with Graham who could have held his head high was Phillips, is a really good ball user by foot, didnt miss a target, worked hard to find space, could have kicked 4 or 5, easily souths best. Needs to learn how to tackle though, might stop him from getting a look.

Easts were very good, as I said on the WAFL board, there's no better breeding ground for young talent, Woewodin plays a game style similar to what you would see in the AFL and his rotation policy on the bench is very AFL like, regularly interchanges 4 at a time. How is that relevant, it familiarises the youngsters with maintaining a role whilst coming on and off regularly, similar to what you would be asked to do at the next level.

I'd promote Stevens and potentially Houlihan for some extra run. :thumbsu:

Cheers for the writeup Pav, excellent news regarding Stevens.

Anyone heard anything about Broome disappearing after half time in the Ressies?

Tim Houlihan was also pretty good, his ran and carry was a feature, someone has taught him how to kick. He is no longer dropping it from his shoulder, he guides the ball to boot and takes the time to steady himself on the run.

Thank god.

Hai guys,

Just got home from the Foundaton day derby, will give the brief summary ;)of your players, start with the poor ones.

A. Hams was very dissappointing upon return, couldnt get into the game, played all over the ground but never really had a say, looks like he's knackered whenever he's near the ball, didnt chase and as the stats suggest couldnt get too many contests. Looks like he's running on broken glass.

Wilson was also pretty average, the deilvery wasnt great but neither was his recovery, needs to work harder when the ball has hit the deck. Didnt lead too hard and whilst his kicking at goal was good, his kicking into the 50 was pretty average. He also needs to stop doing the ole U-turn and learn to dish off. Got caught a few times.

Now to the Easts boys, for me the standout was Koby Stevens, so strong in the contest, so willing to put his body on the line to get his teammate involved. Whilst his stats werent fantastic his body work and strength in close was a standout, his dont argues were fantastic.

He's a great size and works hard both ways, I reckon he could play the role of A.Hams in the forward line but offer more in the air.

Had a few 80 metre plays where he linked up from half back kick down field then received the ball back on the wing to transfer the ball into 50.

I could see him coming into your side and playing Embley's role with more pace and a little more dare, skills are probably better than Embley's now too. Might not have said that last year.

Matt Spangher did a great job on Wilson, restricted him on the lead and rebounded strongly. Wasnt outstanding but it was effective, disposal was good, few clangers but no howlers.

In regards to potential players, from a mature age perspective, Monteath knows how to find the footy but like Macnamara tends to kick and think later, think he can improve because his kicking technique is pretty good has ok penetration. Is having a good year.

For Souths the only bloke along with Graham who could have held his head high was Phillips, is a really good ball user by foot, didnt miss a target, worked hard to find space, could have kicked 4 or 5, easily souths best. Needs to learn how to tackle though, might stop him from getting a look.

Easts were very good, as I said on the WAFL board, there's no better breeding ground for young talent, Woewodin plays a game style similar to what you would see in the AFL and his rotation policy on the bench is very AFL like, regularly interchanges 4 at a time. How is that relevant, it familiarises the youngsters with maintaining a role whilst coming on and off regularly, similar to what you would be asked to do at the next level.

I'd promote Stevens and potentially Houlihan for some extra run. :thumbsu:

Thanks really appreciate the write up. Found your Houlihan comments interesting especially since he is known to have a low ball drop
But for an opposition supporter I found your summary quite interesting.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back