News Western Bulldogs Offseason 2013-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got this image of 500 dogs supporters barking at opponents as they have shots at goal!!!!

Can't wait till I see the cheer squad up here in Brisbane!
Haha, I like the idea. I'd just love to see the soccer style chants, just make match day at the Bulldogs unique and groundbreaking in this league.
But no flares.

Was visiting in the hospital so i missed it, was there much more besides the Matty Boyd interview?
No that was pretty much it haha! Ox said we can sneak into the 8 at the end but wasn't much to it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where has liam jones been? asides from that marking video on the WB page
He should have played at least one practice game already. He will play Friday, as Stringer was underwhelming in both NAB games and should start the season in the VFL. Edit: Jones misses out WTF :confused:

He should have played at least one practice game already. He will play Friday, as Stringer was underwhelming in both NAB games and should start the season in the VFL. Edit: Jones misses out WTF :confused:
Writing on the wall.

Looks like Campbell will be given the opportunity that Jones was afforded for so many weeks in the last two seasons. I'm sure hoping he nails it.

Writing on the wall.

Looks like Campbell will be given the opportunity that Jones was afforded for so many weeks in the last two seasons. I'm sure hoping he nails it.
But surely theres room for both? IMO they both need the other one to support them, along with Crameri that would be a pretty decent set up.

But surely theres room for both? IMO they both need the other one to support them, along with Crameri that would be a pretty decent set up.

What if the structure is to be Campbell and Williams though ? They are both tall enough, and play that tall forward role differently from each other. At least till Jones sorts out whatever BMac isn't happy with in his game. Then it becomes a different juggle.

What if the structure is to be Campbell and Williams though ? They are both tall enough, and play that tall forward role differently from each other. At least till Jones sorts out whatever BMac isn't happy with in his game. Then it becomes a different juggle.
Yeah I agree it could work with Campbell and Williams, although at this stage I'd probably rather Jones getting the games over Williams tbh. If its just until Jones sorts out an issue in his game then that is fine though but this week, especially with no Williams, I'd like to see Jones get a run.

Yeah I agree it could work with Campbell and Williams, although at this stage I'd probably rather Jones getting the games over Williams tbh. If its just until Jones sorts out an issue in his game then that is fine though but this week, especially with no Williams, I'd like to see Jones get a run.

Yeah ftw, look I am not arguing with you here. In fact I have always said Jones has the potential to be a 10 year KPF for us. But clearly right now he has a/some issue/s to sort out. Be they tank, concentration, confidence, goal kicking accuracy or what ever. If he and BMac can sort the problem/s out then all should come-up smelling roses for us. But in the interim Campbell/Williams look our best option.
In the end Williams may not hold up, given his injury history. Ayce may finally reach his potential. Two or three years down the track we may have Campbell in the ruck with Ayce and Jones up forward, or even LJ and Fletch R there instead, and Williams retired, or helping out down back or swinging.
Right now none of us know. And even though no doubt BMac might have his prefered option, even he is not prescient, so our future set up is still in the lap of the gods at this point in time.
Then just to throw the proverbial cat among the pigeons, there is still the 2014 draft, or the potential of raiding GWS's war chest of KPF's.

Just some news on this years Trade and Draft period

THERE will be a shorter post-season period in 2014 after the AFL cut a week off this year's player exchange period.

After reducing last year's trade and free agency period, the League has again slashed it after a lack of activity through the middle stage of the 2013 period.

As the clubs and AFL look for a swifter post-season, the restricted and unrestricted free agency period will also be cut by four days this year.

It will start on Friday, October 3, and run until Monday, October 13.

Free agency proceedings will again interweave with the trade period, which will start on Monday, October 6 and finish on Friday, October 17.

And in other changes, the NAB AFL Draft is likely to be held on Monday, November 24, with the pre-season and rookie drafts to follow only four days later on Friday, November 28.

In previous years the national draft has been held on a Thursday night, and in 2013 the gap between the drafts was six days.

Delisted free agents will get their chance to find new AFL homes before and after the national draft, with a six-day window running from November 14-19.

There will be another two-day delisted free agency period on November 25-26 ahead of the pre-season and rookie drafts, with clubs' final list lodgement due on December 1.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-11/trade-period-cut

Remove this Banner Ad

News Western Bulldogs Offseason 2013-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back