What should we do about J. Brown in Round 1?

What to do about Brown?

• Gilham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croad

• Dawson

• Guerra's right elbow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What should we down about J. Brown in Round 1?

I would start Croad one on one.

If that fails release Croad to another opponent and a double team of Jaccobs and Dawson playing a 5 man forward line. (ie, Always have a lose man in defence)

Re: What should we down about J. Brown in Round 1?

I was looking for Jacobs right elbow
Get Danny to take him out for a few drinks the night before the game;)

Gilham and a length of 4x2 timber , run him around so he blows up , then if that doesn't work Guerra and the length of 4x2. Using a foreign object isn't covered by the rules to my knowledge ( but i may be wrong )

Depends where he plays.

If FF, then have Dawson and Jacobs both on him.

If CHF, then either of Gilham or Croad. I'd give Gilham 1st crack.

I still think if Brown looks like dominating, put Cambell on him.
I think Cambell did a pretty good job on him at Carrara, after others in the team failed.
My man Taylor and Renouf can share ruck.

With Bradshaw gonski's I would start Gilham on him... Most important thing is first use out of the middle... They will struggle with 1 potent target if we control it out of the middle. Go get em Sammy and Hodgy. I dont think they will want to get into a shoot out... if we score 85+ we win for mine

If he plays deep in attack, then Gilham should take him.If he plays up the ground then Croady should have him. Whoever takes him should have DJ being the 3rd man up, which he does very well. Also,if Charman plays up forward then Robbie should take him and let Tails play in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give gilly a go, throw him in the deep end and see what he's got. I think he'd do well but this would let croad play a more attacking gam. if all else fails put Robbie C on him

If Brown plays FF, I'd start Zac on him and allow Croad to play his natural attacking game from CHB on someone like Merret. If Brown plays CHF then I'd still have Zac on him with Croad double teaming for support, still allowing us to play offensively from half back. Gilham to FB. If Charman moves fwd then we play Campbell fwd for us - fire with fire.

We need to play attacking footy against Bris at the Gabba right from the start, last year we played a reactive/defensive style which allowed their mids to dominate, hence Brown.

Sounds good in theory but we have to cut the supply and attack them from the onset.

Croad sould play on Brown if he plays CHF his one of our stronger players and our best key defender, but if he plays FB I think Robbie Campbell is the way to go cause he is probably our strongest player and has done pretty well against the stronger forwards in the past

Okay, with BShaw gone our lineup should look something like this:

HF: Patful Charman Moody
F: McGrath Brwon Johnson

Still very potent. I hope Charman doesn't play forward to much, he and Brown have to much size for us to handle. Croady can do the job on one of them, but no one else is strong enough to handle the other. Hopefully Gilly can do the job:thumbsu:

I think it really does depend on where he lines up. If he is deep Dawson. Up the ground, Croad. Gilham gets second shot regardless and Charman really worries me as well, really not sure who plays on him. Maybe Gilham, hate to move RC back, but Taylor and Renouf v McDonald and Wood is not a bad match up for us.

Unfortunately whoever plays on Brown will get beaten. Corad has the body strength and size to take Brown, however, Croad is not the smartest defensive player (most notably his game against Fevola last year).. Gilham knows how to play defense smatter then Croad but does not yet have the size or the experience to handle Brown. Hawthorn can not afford to play two on Brown becasue they will also have Charman down there, who against our young and experienced defense willb e jsut as dangerous as Brown.

The most important aspect of this situation for Hawthorn is not who will play on Brown, because regardless Brown will come out on top at the end of the match... For Hawthorn, the most important factor in stopping Brown is to WIN the ball out of the MIDFIELD. It is up to our midfield to hinder the amount of forward 50's by the Lions.

Unfortunately the suspension of Crawford and the loss of Vandenberg will affect us drastically here. Their midfield with the likes of Black, Power, Sherman, Lappin and the ever improving Rischitelli will take a lot of stopping.

With the losses above, we will see Hodge thrown into the midfield earlier and also see Franklin given an opportunity in the guts, to add both extra grunt (hodge) and pace (Franklin). The likes of Bateman, Lewis, Young and Ladson will have to be on top of their game, and the young guns in Ellis, Tuck or Muston whoever gets the nod.

In conclusion... WIN THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE, STOP INSIDE 50'S AND YOU STOP BROWN

Unfortunately whoever plays on Brown will get beaten. Corad has the body strength and size to take Brown, however, Croad is not the smartest defensive player (most notably his game against Fevola last year).. Gilham knows how to play defense smatter then Croad but does not yet have the size or the experience to handle Brown. Hawthorn can not afford to play two on Brown becasue they will also have Charman down there, who against our young and experienced defense willb e jsut as dangerous as Brown.

The most important aspect of this situation for Hawthorn is not who will play on Brown, because regardless Brown will come out on top at the end of the match... For Hawthorn, the most important factor in stopping Brown is to WIN the ball out of the MIDFIELD. It is up to our midfield to hinder the amount of forward 50's by the Lions.

Unfortunately the suspension of Crawford and the loss of Vandenberg will affect us drastically here. Their midfield with the likes of Black, Power, Sherman, Lappin and the ever improving Rischitelli will take a lot of stopping.

With the losses above, we will see Hodge thrown into the midfield earlier and also see Franklin given an opportunity in the guts, to add both extra grunt (hodge) and pace (Franklin). The likes of Bateman, Lewis, Young and Ladson will have to be on top of their game, and the young guns in Ellis, Tuck or Muston whoever gets the nod.

In conclusion... WIN THE BALL IN THE MIDDLE, STOP INSIDE 50'S AND YOU STOP BROWN
Good plan. But i can't really see it happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

What should we do about J. Brown in Round 1?

Back