What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok I love my bulldogs but I think this stuff is getting a little too over hyped. Haven't heard a peep from Sydney so far which is always a good thing in grand final week imo.
gotta make you nervous. they've been here before, they know how to prepare. we've just gotta trust the men in charge to work these boys up well

gotta make you nervous. they've been here before, they know how to prepare. we've just gotta trust the men in charge to work these boys up well
I think we are in capable hands with bev, King and Corey's experience. Still doubts creep into my head about how we're always in the news. That's just me though.

FU Barret, the only times i've seen him on tv this week he has picked out negatives or just stuff you wouldnt bring up about us...
1. the apparent missed 50m penalties GWS should have got
2. and now McLean dropping his knees.

Only knob in the whole media who would do that

FU Barret, the only times i've seen him on tv this week he has picked out negatives or just stuff you wouldnt bring up about us...

I thought his comment about if Stevie J played they would've won as they would've found the 6 points. Well if we had Murphy, Wallis and Adams we would've won by even more..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawn. Predictable and boring. It's Tuesday, Damien. Get a new topic. Pointless discussion. Build a time machine of STFU about. GWS aren't playing this Saturday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok I love my bulldogs but I think this stuff is getting a little too over hyped. Haven't heard a peep from Sydney so far which is always a good thing in grand final week imo.

I find this kind of thinking amusing. The Dogs were going to get smashed by the Eagles in Perth...but they won. Then Hawthorn would be too experienced and unbeatable at THEIR Homeground, The 'G but the Dogs won AGAIN. Then they play the heavyweights The GWS at THEIR Homeground, only the most optimistic supporters gave The Dogs a chance (and were also losing their minds over the Roberts selection). It was going to be GWS all the way. Blimey, the Dogs won AGAIN!

So by that narrative, all the talk was about the doggies not being able to beat the home team but they STILL won.

The Dogs have also beaten Sydney at THEIR Homeground TWICE.

I'd say Sydney would be very worried about playing the Dogs because Beveridge has worked out how to beat them.

The pressure is on Sydney. They are expected to win. The Dogs will go out there and have fun....and HUNT.

Now it's time to listen/watch the SEN call of the PF game☺

I find this kind of thinking amusing. The Dogs were going to get smashed by the Eagles in Perth...but they won. Then Hawthorn would be too experienced and unbeatable at THEIR Homeground, The 'G but the Dogs won AGAIN. Then they play the heavyweights The GWS at THEIR Homeground, only the most optimistic supporters gave The Dogs a chance (and were also losing their minds over the Roberts selection). It was going to be GWS all the way. Blimey, the Dogs won AGAIN!

So by that narrative, all the talk was about the doggies not being able to beat the home team but they STILL won.

The Dogs have also beaten Sydney at THEIR Homeground TWICE.

I'd say Sydney would be very worried about playing the Dogs because Beveridge has worked out how to beat them.

The pressure is on Sydney. They are expected to win. The Dogs will go out there and have fun....and HUNT.

Now it's time to listen/watch the SEN call of the PF game☺
This. If a team repetitively outdoes expectations, surely you need to ask questions about whether the team is being underestimated.

**** Brian Lake is a flog. The little bit of respect I had for him has evaporated.
Yep ....... turnoff time when he comes on. He says he thinks of himself as a Hawthorn guy now :rolleyes:
:thumbsdown:

Yep ....... turnoff time when he comes on. He says he thinks of himself as a Hawthorn guy now :rolleyes:
"I played forward for half a season, that was when I knew I needed to change clubs"

Then overlay footage of him kicking a goal at Caroline Springs this year after leading out in forward line.

Also admitted he coasted with little effort.

And only decided to get his body right when he knew he had offer from Hawthorn.

And that was only part of the show.. Ugh flog lake is flog.

Bleeden hell Brian Lake is one loose unit.

I know he was one of our best players for a long period of time but it seems astonishing in hindsight they put up with his **** for as long as they did.

I don't know about that.

Lake has a connection with the Hawthorn players, coaches & staff from his fruitful time there from 2013-2015 and made a point of saying he only really knows 4 of the current Bulldogs, so he doesn't have the same connection with that group. That's how most footballers are.. They're loyal to people rather than club colours like all of us.

When Mike Sheahan pressed him for answer (Which club he feels closest to?) Lake said "Hawthorn…. at the moment" , and really emphasised that last bit. I think you'll find once his Hawthorn mates have all retired over the next few years, he will regard himself as a Bulldog man through and through. He trained at the Whitten Oval for 11 of his 14 years in the AFL. He still lives out west.

I don't really get why Bulldog fans are harsh on Lake over the mutually-beneficial trade which was done after the 2012 season. You got his best years. A champion full back for a decade… He needed a change of scenery and wasn't part of Brendan McCartney's plans to develop youth. You got a 2nd or 3rd round pick for an old fogey and your club has climbed upwards ever since. (Win win??)

Last edited:
No use paying any mind to muckraking bottom of the barrel journos or worrying about how much attention we're getting. This is once in a lifetime stuff for a Doggies fan. Just sit back, relax, take it all in and enjoy the ride.
With the group of players that we currently have I am very optimistic that this may not be a once in a lifetime event.

I don't know about that.

Lake has a connection with the Hawthorn players, coaches & staff from his fruitful time there from 2013-2015 and made a point of saying he only really knows 4 of the current Bulldogs, so he doesn't have the same connection with that group. That's how most footballers are.. They're loyal to people rather than club colours like all of us.

When Mike Sheahan pressed him for answer (Which club he feels closest to?) Lake said "Hawthorn…. at the moment" , and really emphasised that last bit. I think you'll find once his Hawthorn mates have all retired over the next few years, he will regard himself as a Bulldog man through and through. He trained at the Whitten Oval for 11 of his 14 years in the AFL. He still lives out west.

I don't really get why Bulldog fans are harsh on Lake over the mutually-beneficial trade which was done after the 2012 season. You got his best years. A champion full back for a decade… He needed a change of scenery and wasn't part of Brendan McCartney's plans to develop youth. You got a 2nd or 3rd round pick for an old fogey and your club has climbed upwards ever since. (Win win??)
Without Brian dogs would have struggled to make the 8 in 08, 09, 10 let alone make top 4.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised that Brian has stated that he more or less has 50/50 loyalty split between Hawks/Dogs considering what he achieved at Hawks.

The weekly umpiring segment on AFL.com featured the three officiating umpires for the GF.

They discussed the Scully JJ protected zone 50 and stated that it was the right decision to call play on as Scully played on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back