Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Really not a fan of this sort of behaviour. The season has started, it’s time to throw your support behind the squad and the coaches and club in general. Criticism of this kind won’t change anything in season other than to make things harder for the team. We implode bigger than any club because the uninformed buy into the media nonsense and perpetuate it.

Don’t be closet Carlton supporters.
It's satire.

If only it was. Have a look at what happens on the board post a loss…it’s a shambles.
The thread is a tongue in cheek jab at the angst that occurs after a loss. It’s just a bit of fun.

Really not a fan of this sort of behaviour. The season has started, it’s time to throw your support behind the squad and the coaches and club in general. Criticism of this kind won’t change anything in season other than to make things harder for the team. We implode bigger than any club because the uninformed buy into the media nonsense and perpetuate it.

The point of this thread is to make fun of the supporters who spew bile after a loss. To highlight how ridiculous it is to criticise players who have a bad game, or who are just good ordinary footballers trying to play a role. Most of us on here appreciate how hard it is to play AFL, and doubly hard to play for a pressure cooker club like the Pies. We’re just having a bit of fun.

Can we whip the fathers? David Cloke would have been a prime candidate in Trav’s day.

I’d like to commend one P. Daicos for a whipping. Apparently he didn’t answer his phone when young N. Daicos rang - with the entire Collingwood media department in tow - to tell Dad about his debut. Not an auspicious start!

I feel with all the hype if Nick Daicos doesn’t win the Brownlow, rising star, Coleman, Copeland, Norm Smith and most importantly a premiership the whips will be coming out 😉

Can we whip the fathers? David Cloke would have been a prime candidate in Trav’s day.

I’d like to commend one P. Daicos for a whipping. Apparently he didn’t answer his phone when young N. Daicos rang - with the entire Collingwood media department in tow - to tell Dad about his debut. Not an auspicious start!
And when he finally got on, it wasn’t even close to the standard set by Treys mum. Our so called legend needs to lift.

I feel with all the hype if Nick Daicos doesn’t win the Brownlow, rising star, Coleman, Copeland, Norm Smith and most importantly a premiership the whips will be coming out 😉

If he doesn’t do all this in his first year, he will have underachieved.

And when he finally got on, it wasn’t even close to the standard set by Treys mum. Our so called legend needs to lift.

Trey’s mum is still the clear winner. I think she still doesn’t believe that Trey debuted. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Trey play footy either, even though he’s apparently been selected for games.

Trey’s mum is still the clear winner. I think she still doesn’t believe that Trey debuted. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Trey play footy either, even though he’s apparently been selected for games.

he's in the team for the way he interacts with the boys......evidently he's the first out the door when the boys are looking for something to smoke.... learnt that from his mum

I guess you don’t understand irony. This is a lighthearted thread and in fact is designed to ridicule the exact behaviour you’re taking offence too. Check out last years thread… comedy gold.

If anybody attempts to turn this into a serious thread bagging out our players, they quickly get whipped into shape.

Start of a rebuild so no whips need be taken off the rack yet.

In 3 more years ill have the nine tails out if Madgen and Cox is still getting games.

Or if Hine refuses to recruit a bloody high end KPF and we watch another Naughton situation happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start of a rebuild so no whips need be taken off the rack yet.

In 3 more years ill have the nine tails out if Madgen and Cox is still getting games.

Or if Hine refuses to recruit a bloody high end KPF and we watch another Naughton situation happen.

3 more years of the madge? is that earth years or have we changed to movements of the moon? I think both will be 2 years into retirement by then. Mason will be working fulltime for specsavers. Madge will in lawn bowls...

the word on the street is that figjam will be resurrected in the coming months....but you didnt hear it from me

My left field smokey is Pendles.

Some serious lateral thinking here.

I recall some posters in last year’s game day threads starting to complain about Pendles. Apparently 15 years of excellence and 8 years of fine leadership is no excuse for an ageing body and declining reflexes. I’m sure he will get whipped this year, especially if we can blame him for the midfield getting smacked even though he’s playing in the backline and, as you note, leaking goals. It’s not good enough.

Some serious lateral thinking here.

I recall some posters in last year’s game day threads starting to complain about Pendles. Apparently 15 years of excellence and 8 years of fine leadership is no excuse for an ageing body and declining reflexes. I’m sure he will get whipped this year, especially if we can blame him for the midfield getting smacked even though he’s playing in the backline and, as you note, leaking goals. It’s not good enough.
The idea has me salivating. It'd be fantastic to really get stuck into him, after he's dodged the whips for so long. The whips wait for no man. Your time is coming Scott.

The idea has me salivating. It'd be fantastic to really get stuck into him, after he's dodged the whips for so long. The whips wait for no man. Your time is coming Scott.
he's had an armchair ride for the last decade or more... and he still can't get enough clearances....and he's still as slow as an old horse...

and then he gets uppity and wants a 2 year contract and then he says that he might only play the year..

now speaking as someone who has given loyal service to the club for many decades, I'm telling you that he's a shirker....and the chickens are coming home to roost in the oven this year....

watching the melb game last night.... buckley's first gig and he was shocking... i thought that he was going to faint a couple of times. Brown pulled him out of the water half drowned a couple of times. He admits that he has lost all interest in footy.... i suspect we'll be hearing about drinking problems in the coming weeks... i need to closely monitor the alex pike instagram thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back