Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from hand balling it straight up into the air for some reason which resulted in a goal against. Madge was solid today. No whipping for him, though he still should be upgraded in the 22.

Hard to want to whip the boyish son of a legend in T Brown - but my whip hand is itching…

Must admit Madgen hasn't been too bad so far apart from that goal square drop vs Saints which Quaynor only compounded by proceeding to overrun the ball.
Tyler is hard to criticise when he's just never near the play.
Callum hasn't even been used as a sub.
Noble, who I thought was going to really come into his own this season as a whipping boy, has started the season really well.
Positive signs overall so far imo

i understand what you're doing and i agree. Wins give us an opportunity to pump some of these players up so we can let loose when the team loses... It's important to ensure that your transition to whipping is fast and without mercy...

Magden gave up a goal today in the square with a feeble handball.

Thank you for using ‘feeble’. The more derogatory adjectives we can use in here, the better. All are welcome, but feeble is so evocative.

It's great that they are now televising the vfl games. Really opens up a whole new array of whipping and it means that we can whip the Browns regardless of selection.
Really need an award for Most Scarred Player to deal with all the flogging.

Two rounds in and it has to be said, a disappointing start for fans who love a good whipping.

The Madge has been shocking in defence by being able to fulfill his role in a winning side.

Noble too has been incredibly poor as he continues his annoying habit of making solid contributions.

On a positive note, T Brown has continued to develop his whipping boy attributes. Likely to play VFL next week but could continue to show his quality by stuffing up at the lower level.

Grundy has moved into a comfortable lead. His stats are not the greatest of all time so clearly his contract must be the cause. It’s really unfair to the other players for him to have such a sizeable advantage.

Would need to be BOG against Geelong to slip out of the top two for the Blair trophy.

Two rounds in and it has to be said, a disappointing start for fans who love a good whipping.

The Madge has been shocking in defence by being able to fulfill his role in a winning side.

Noble too has been incredibly poor as he continues his annoying habit of making solid contributions.

On a positive note, T Brown has continued to develop his whipping boy attributes. Likely to play VFL next week but could continue to show his quality by stuffing up at the lower level.

Grundy has moved into a comfortable lead. His stats are not the greatest of all time so clearly his contract must be the cause. It’s really unfair to the other players for him to have such a sizeable advantage.

Would need to be BOG against Geelong to slip out of the top two for the Blair trophy.
Macrae has found new form in his increased midfield role. His ability to rack up disposals has not been noted by those on some online forums who are calling for him to be chopped as a loss. Perhaps a rising Whipper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm betting on WHE for this year's title. He seems to have fooled a new set of coaches by looking the part and doing the occasional really good thing whilst spending most of the game hiding by lying down curled up on the boundary line somewhere on the ground.

I'm betting on WHE for this year's title. He seems to have fooled a new set of coaches by looking the part and doing the occasional really good thing whilst spending most of the game hiding by lying down curled up on the boundary line somewhere on the ground.
Trouble with WHE is that he isn’t noticed by anyone.
Hard to get votes when you’re invisible.

Macrae has found new form in his increased midfield role. His ability to rack up disposals has not been noted by those on some online forums who are calling for him to be chopped as a loss. Perhaps a rising Whipper.
One to watch.

This whipping season has started with a whimper. I think we need to regroup, to support each other and build on what we have achieved with Madge and Brown, because their teammates are not helping. At all.

I’m starting to yearn for some old whippees. Blair is an obvious one. Then there was Jesse White. Those were the golden years of whipping.

This whipping season has started with a whimper. I think we need to regroup, to support each other and build on what we have achieved with Madge and Brown, because their teammates are not helping. At all.

I’m starting to yearn for some old whippees. Blair is an obvious one. Then there was Jesse White. Those were the golden years of whipping.

the problem is that some of them like the taller brown doesn't get near the footy..... that italian guy who played in the vfl has a similar problem. One of the major ways to attract complaints is to make mistakes. If you dont touch the ball, it's hard to get an entry ticket.

I keep wondering what the taller brown is going to do with his life next year and what sport the madge is going to try next...it's hard to concentrate

I swear Caroline Wilson reads these boards and takes them literally. Her articles are a near verbatim regurgitation of this thread.

I swear Caroline Wilson reads these boards and takes them literally. Her articles are a near verbatim regurgitation of this thread.
Remember when a few essendon boys were running the peroxide and robbo genuinely chewed them out for about 5 minutes on tv after a loss? The dons must have had a whipping boys board that year

Heading into round 3, Grundy already has a strong lead after two consistent performances.

T Brown getting lots of love but doesn’t look to have the quality to challenge.

Noble is just one missed tackle away from climbing back into the top 3.

Keep an eye on Darcy Moore. Could be worth a small wager now before the monster contract is signed. Inflated contracts always stir up some whipping action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back