Injury White to miss at least 12 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thought a thread appropriate, as it's a fairly significant period of time.

White to miss at least 12 weeks
MATT WHITE will not return to playing until at least Round 14, after scans confirmed a complete tear to his right pectoral muscle.
Given the significant run and carry he brings to our team, and with Polly still recovering and getting back into it, this could be a pretty significant blow.
I'm probably leaning more to Amon coming in to replace him.

Tis a long time but gives guys like Amon and Toumpas perfect opportunity to try and cement themselves in the side

Terrible luck and wish him all the best in his recovery, I guess it gives a chance for Toump, Amon & possibly DBJ to debut if we make some alterations to player roles i.e Broady to play further up the field.

Tbh I thought it was risky playing him on the weekend in the first place, was nursed through the preseason and looked to be carrying an injury into the game.

could see in the replay it wasn't a strain. thought i saw it completely tear off the arm/shoulder. was always going to be a long time out. With no Ryder/Monfries we do lack a bit of depth this year. hopefully can get enough time into Toumpas, Byrne jones, Colquhoun and Amon to make them capable of playing in september. I'd prefer not to rely on O'Shea and Young who have probably reached their level.

That's a nasty injury wish him a safe speedy recovery.. I guess we at least have better cover for him than last year.

Well that's a shit. As per the Changes vs. Crows thread I'm more inclined to have Amon as his replacement rather than Toumpas. Our issues in 2015 were many, but lack of pace to break the lines, with Polec out and White out or playing under duress much of the year, would be hard to split for me with our meekness as the top concern. Toumpas is a more complete player than Amon, but on a like for like, as our game plan relies on, it's time for Karl to come on down and seize his opportunity.

For those more in the know would it restrict his ability do running? If he comes back late season with his tank still intact a fresh player in the last few rounds, as many others have been ground down over the season by the lower rotations may end up being a major silver lining. Though still a bitch for White.

Last edited:
Well that's a shit. As per the Changes vs. Crows thread I'm more inclined to have Amon as his replacement rather than Toumpas. Our issues in 2015 were many, but lack of pace to break the lines, with Polec out and White out or playing under duress much of the year, would be hard to split for me with our meekness as the top concern. Toumpas is a more complete player than Amon, but on a like for like, as our game plan relies on replacement time for Karl to come on down and seize his opportunity.

For those more in the know would it restrict his ability do running? If he comes back late season with his tank still intact a fresh player in the last few rounds, as many others have been ground down over the season by the lower rotations may end up being a major silver lining. Though still a bitch for White.
sling for 6 weeks, then I am sure he can run and keep fit there after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember all that many pec injuries. Is this one that can be sorted or will it cause ongoing problems?

just have to wank with the other arm for a few months

Still don't really think Young has a spot in the side now with the emergence of SGray and Arch. Young's best work was done as an inside mid, but he's been shaded in that area by the aforementioned duo. And Youngy hasn't shown enough as a linkman or forward to get a game based on those roles.

Didn't think his injury would be this severe :(

Rotation between Young, Amon and Toumpas to fill the void while he's gone, unless one of them puts in an 'undroppable' performance.

Amon and Toumpas when available to replace white who is an outside player

young if required for inside work or high half forward mid

Man, that's the worst, that other arm has no idea what it's doing.

Bullshit.

When I played I looked forward to the odd break of the right hand, arm or thumb solely for the change of hand experience.

It's awesome.

We have no-one else with his blend of speed and accuracy so from a purely selfish point of view that's a regular 2 goals a game gone.
As for him obviously it's pretty worrying. He hasn't got a major illness. He still gets paid. But he's out of contract at the end of the year and his value has dropped hugely after 2 years of injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back