Who do we target in this years draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

<snip>

Think he could be a pretty good pick up imo.

Key Forward Position Player and played in the Under 18's Glenelg Premiership.

493914-joshtrembath.jpg

Do we know how tall he is....because he looks anything but a KPP there.

EDIT: Hes 19, 186cm & 87kg

He could play Motlops Position :).

I assume that position is "going to another club because we don't need more non-genuine key position forwards"?

damn, if we win our next game we could end up with pick 16 or 18. thats horrible, thanks for screwing us over afl. they honestly dont have any brains. it should have gone gc pick 123 then the bottom 8 pick as usual, then gc pick alternately between the next 8 that play finals. picks are more important for those that finish outside of finals. the difference between finishing 3rd from last and 6th from last means nothing to clubs ( as in no reward), and usually not too much difference in picks except this year there is a huge difference. a club finishing in the top 4 as opposed to 6th wont care that they lose a few spots more than usual. and the gc would have heaps of chance to pick up good kids in the teens and 20's.

some players im interested in are josh green, tassie boy who killed it in champs. alot of people seem to think he will slip anywhere from 18-25. try to trade for a pick there, also luke mitchell kf who was injured could slip too. pat mccarthy could slip into teens or 20s, dion prestia, josh caddy, solly. and gray, fitzgerald and ben brown with later rounds. absolutely turn one of krak, motlop sal into a pick 15-25 to nab green i think

ideally krak and mots to fremantle for pick 21?? i dont think their fans would like that though, or if wc get a priority pick at 26? than sal for pick 16-20. then we get green and mccarthy?

So do we get pick 14? Is that right?

Players I would look at which I think we should be able to gain (though someone like Sam Day would be amazing, no chance on earth):

Harley Bennell (2 October 1992, 180cm, 70kg, Western Australia): Another midfielder with truckloads of talent. Every time he gets the ball there’s a sense of anticipation about just what he’s going to do with it. His vision, the angles he sees, reminds you of Steve Johnson at his most creative.

Andrew Gaff (16 June 1992, 183cm, 78kg, Vic Metro): Accumulative midfielder who’s more sensible than your grandmother’s shoes. The club that drafts him will be content in the knowledge that he’s unlikely to be distracted by anything. No fuss, effective with hands and feet … a sure-fire star.

Jared Polec (12 October 1992, 188cm, 77kg, South Australia): Wingman with the cherished ability to break out of a pack, run 20 metres and kick 60, more often than not with precision. Played well with Woodville-West Torrens seniors in the 2009 finals as a 16-year-old. No reason he can’t do it again.

Brodie Smith (14 January 1992, 188cm, 79kg, South Australia): Croweaters’ under-18 captain who excelled as a midfielder in the under-18 championships and has played some good games at half-back in the Woodville West Torrens seniors. Quick, hard, determined, a natural leader.

Dion Prestia (12 October 1992, 175cm, 81kg, Vic Metro): Injuries let him down in the under-18 championships. He has breakaway pace and kicks with the force of a horse at the stable door. The only question is development. He’s like David Rodan in his dimensions and Jimmy Bartel in his attack on the ball.

So do we get pick 14? Is that right?

Players I would look at which I think we should be able to gain (though someone like Sam Day would be amazing, no chance on earth):

Harley Bennell (2 October 1992, 180cm, 70kg, Western Australia): Another midfielder with truckloads of talent. Every time he gets the ball there’s a sense of anticipation about just what he’s going to do with it. His vision, the angles he sees, reminds you of Steve Johnson at his most creative.

Andrew Gaff (16 June 1992, 183cm, 78kg, Vic Metro): Accumulative midfielder who’s more sensible than your grandmother’s shoes. The club that drafts him will be content in the knowledge that he’s unlikely to be distracted by anything. No fuss, effective with hands and feet … a sure-fire star.

Jared Polec (12 October 1992, 188cm, 77kg, South Australia): Wingman with the cherished ability to break out of a pack, run 20 metres and kick 60, more often than not with precision. Played well with Woodville-West Torrens seniors in the 2009 finals as a 16-year-old. No reason he can’t do it again.

Brodie Smith (14 January 1992, 188cm, 79kg, South Australia): Croweaters’ under-18 captain who excelled as a midfielder in the under-18 championships and has played some good games at half-back in the Woodville West Torrens seniors. Quick, hard, determined, a natural leader.

Dion Prestia (12 October 1992, 175cm, 81kg, Vic Metro): Injuries let him down in the under-18 championships. He has breakaway pace and kicks with the force of a horse at the stable door. The only question is development. He’s like David Rodan in his dimensions and Jimmy Bartel in his attack on the ball.

Bennell is already committed to the Gold Coast and Gaff will go in the first half dozen.

Hopefully one of Smith and Polec get through.

Kicked another bag of 5 this week :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id still love Lycett, but I reckon the Crows will nab him. Even though they should probably go for a mid, I think they'll go ruck with Griffin leaving. If Lycett is gone, id go the best available mid - hopefully one of Polec or Smith.

Id still love Lycett, but I reckon the Crows will nab him. Even though they should probably go for a mid, I think they'll go ruck with Griffin leaving. If Lycett is gone, id go the best available mid - hopefully one of Polec or Smith.

Both Smith and Polec will be gone surely.Midfeilders are always high priority with bottom placed sides and with Gaff,Atley who else would they nab. smith and polec most likely

Bennell is already committed to the Gold Coast and Gaff will go in the first half dozen.

Hopefully one of Smith and Polec get through.

yeah, im hopeing one of lycett or smith get through, then polec afterwards.

i guess hallahan could be one option at 16? from descriptions he sounds like dom cassisi.

i really want a mid with our first unless a really good ruck option is available ala lycett. i dont like the crows having the pick before us as i really want one of the top SA talents. i also think they will take any of smith, lycett or polec that slips through and i dont see more than one slipping.

what if matt watson slips to 16? can he play key forward? ild only take a big bodied key forward as stewert is tall and mobile and i rate him. a future forward line of butcher, watson, stewert?? what if darling slips? at 16 for us could be worth a shot. but for mids i see smith, polec, hallahan, j.caddy and luke parker as the targets ( green and prestia 2nd round). sam gray 3rd round, z.fitzgerald late round ( im sure he played at champs as overage?). there are several other sa boys who look good for 3rd or 4th round picks.

I think Mitch Hallahan should be on our radar.

[youtube]DQHJxT3mvOg[/youtube]

Vic Country Captain, finds the ball, good play-maker and has an excellent junior career. Is the Danendong Captain this year as well, and played with Scully and Bastinac last year, and was MVP for Vic Country in the under 16's. Very consistent and was regularly int he bests for Vic Country tis year.

@Surjan Not a hbf, an inside mid with some decent skills, unlike our current ones.

Polec, Atley, Gaff, and Smith will all go top 8 imo. Gorringe is the more highly sought after ruck in this draft, more scope for improvement and such, but I'd prefer Lycett, already a big frame, and not far off of senior football, which is what we need in a ruckman. Gorringe gets outbodied a little to easily on occasion at SANFL level and would take a few years to get to the right size.

boaks body must be taking a hammering in the trenches. he is so good at it though, and really i believe cassisi is our only real other inside mid.we have others who are more outside/inside. so ild really like someone to help there. polec doesnt fit that description. hallahan does. i know caddy is a clearance machine but im not sure if that is in heavy traffic? anyone know who is best suited to that role? parker? smith is a take and break from what ive seen. i really rate him though!

We might try and trade for a higher pick?

With Sal, Krak, Motlop up for grabs put the three together we should get a top 10'er surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do we target in this years draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back