Prediction Who will be off the list before 2025 starts?

Who will be off the list before 2025 starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Usual question at this time of year - who won't still be around into 2025?

Could be trades or delistings or retirements. Presumably 4-6 will go, that's the usual number, but have as many votes as you want.

I've included a couple of guys who've had vague trade rumours, who probably won't go but who knows?

This is how I'd orchestrate it.

Out:

Battle (walks for money unfortunately)
Ross (retire/delist)
Allison (delist)
Crouch (retire/delist but give him a chance in pre season if he wants ala Dmac)
Hayes (delist due to injuries)
Campbell (retire/delist)
Paton (delist, sadly)
Hall (delist, not performing even at VFL level)
Collard (trade for late second rounder, major red flags)
Bonner (delist, please)

That would leave us with something along the lines of picks 5, 6, 24, 30 and 44 in this year's draft (plus irrelevant later picks). Would not mind gambling and trading our future first rounder for something like pick 10-13 considering the consensus is that there's a deep pool of talent at the top end of this draft. That's a draft haul that could inject 3-5 long term quality players which is what our core is missing.

No Sharman, or did I miss an announcement?

Would be quite unlucky to be delisted at this stage. Those with a low chance have been left out of the poll.

if Ross and crouch play on makes it slightly harder. Bonner played 19 games - on borderline minimum wage they might see him as useful depth.

Allison
Hayes
TC
Ross
Crouch
Paton

I think are the most in danger.

Its not easy. Allison starting to show something, Paton has been a soldier for us. Hayes unlucky with injury

Out:

Ross (retire/delist)
Allison (delist)
Campbell (retire/delist)
Paton (delist, sadly)
Bonner (delist, please)

That would leave us with something along the lines of picks 5, 6, 24, 30 and 44 in this year's draft (plus irrelevant later picks). Would not mind gambling and trading our future first rounder for something like pick 10-13 considering the consensus is that there's a deep pool of talent at the top end of this draft. That's a draft haul that could inject 3-5 long term quality players which is what our core is missing.
Hall has a) an 18month contract and b) been thrust into a different club/gameplan and was then injured. Hardly fair to judge him that quickly.

Current votes

25+: Allison (27)
20+: Crouch (24), Hayes (24), Paton (20)
15+: Battle (18)
10+: Hotton (13), Campbell (11), Bonner (10)
5+: Jones (7), Membrey (5)
1+: Van Es (4), Collard (3), Cordy (3), O'Connell (3), Heath (2), Hall (1), Howard (1), Keeler (1), Steele (1), Webster (1)
0: Byrnes, Clark, McLennan, Stocker

Out:

Ross (retire/delist)
Allison (delist)
Campbell (retire/delist)
Paton (delist, sadly)
Bonner (delist, please)

Doubt they’re delisting Hall after 6 months - having had injuries.
Double doubt they’re trading Collard.

No Sharman, or did I miss an announcement?
There was something on social media about him being offered multiple years. Probably still in the works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt they’re delisting Hall after 6 months - having had injuries.
Double doubt they’re trading Collard.

Fair point that Hall has an 18 month contract. I'm just not sure what the appeal is. He had a few decent games in the midfield before we took him and now he's struggling to get the ball or hit the scoreboard at half forward....

If we trade Collard now we might be able to mostly recoup what we spent on him. Hold for another year and we'll get nothing if he walks. It's just tough to imagine someone who projects such poor body language turning it around. Doesn't seem like he wants to be here

Out:

Ross (retire/delist)
Allison (delist)
Campbell (retire/delist)
Paton (delist, sadly)
Bonner (delist, please)

Hall has an 18 month contract. I'd give Collard a chance

Fair point that Hall has an 18 month contract. I'm just not sure what the appeal is. He had a few decent games in the midfield before we took him and now he's struggling to get the ball or hit the scoreboard at half forward....

If we trade Collard now we might be able to mostly recoup what we spent on him. Hold for another year and we'll get nothing if he walks. It's just tough to imagine someone who projects such poor body language turning it around. Doesn't seem like he wants to be here

Already seems unlikely we'd get better than West Coasts third for him right now. (40ish)

We knew it was a gamble may as well see it out imo.

ive ticked off 9 which i reckon is the usual number every year

jones=enoughs enough
crouch=very unfortunately
seb=thanks
hayes=sorry,just cant get body right
battle=good luck
membrey=fingers crossed for some value
allison=wasnt meant to be
paton=ditto membrey
campbell=gotta get someone in between roma and heath(pittonet bryan h.visentini)really want to see roma more forward,roma king sharman owens higgins butler excites me,sub other ruck off at 3 quarter time in most games,but offer one of them first ruck

Looking back at the same post from last year, it was 9 players that went. I think it will be probably be around that number again.
Yeah, I wonder if anyone could be bothered to make a ‘form guide’ for those interested in St Kilda delistings over the last three years.

1) games played that season
2) games played for the Saints total
3) games they went on to play for other clubs

That would be an interesting reference.

Already seems unlikely we'd get better than West Coasts third for him right now. (40ish)

We knew it was a gamble may as well see it out imo.
Fair call. Do they have a second? Maybe we could trade him and a third for their second if it seems like he wants out.

It just seems like we're a club that waits too long to cut losses and therefore gets less than we could have. If we let Jack Steven go when he wanted to we would have received very handy compensation.

Hall has an 18 month contract. I'd give Collard a chance
Good point on Hall (which I had not considered) though I'm sure we could afford to pay the 12 months out comfortably if he doesn't look like he's up to the level. It's not like we're strapped for cash space and we're trying to squeeze in superstar free agents.

I'd dearly love for Collard to prove me wrong and become the next Milney but the kid averaged 7.6 disposals over 11 games in the VFL and displayed terrible body language (probably the worst I've ever seen) before being handed a long term suspension for repeated homophobic slurs....you couldn't script a worse first season in the AFL. It just seems like we could get something in return for him now....and he hasn't shown any signs of a player happy to be at St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be off the list before 2025 starts?

Back