Prediction Who will be off the list before 2025 starts?

Who will be off the list before 2025 starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Current votes

40+: Allison (42), Crouch (41)
35+: Hayes (37), Ross (35)
30+: Paton (32), Battle (30)
25+:
20+: Hotton (21)
15+: Campbell (17)
10+: Bonner (14)
5+: Jones (9), Membrey (8), Collard (7), Cordy (6), Van Es (6), O'Connell (5)
1+: Steele (3), Hall (2), Heath (2), Howard (2), Keeler (1), Webster (1)

0: Clark, Byrnes, McLennan, Stocker

Top 6 pretty clear in our estimation - two retirements, three delistings, one free agent.

Rest after that look a bit like a raffle tbh.

Current votes

40+: Allison (42), Crouch (41)
35+: Hayes (37), Ross (35)
30+: Paton (32), Battle (30)
25+:
20+: Hotton (21)
15+: Campbell (17)
10+: Bonner (14)
5+: Jones (9), Membrey (8), Collard (7), Cordy (6), Van Es (6), O'Connell (5)
1+: Steele (3), Hall (2), Heath (2), Howard (2), Keeler (1), Webster (1)

0: Clark, Byrnes, McLennan, Stocker

Top 6 pretty clear in our estimation - two retirements, three delistings, one free agent.

Rest after that look a bit like a raffle tbh.

On the plus side it's great to see Byrnes has really turned things around, felt like he'd be one of the easy delists a while back. Clark and Stocker having good supoprt on here is nice too. Feel like Jones and Members would have a lot more votes 8 weeks ago also.

Curious to see how accurate the group think ends up.

It is hard to review our fringe players beyond the past one month nowadays, because number of games could be listed as say '15' for the year, but in reality, 9 of them could have been as a sub. So Ronnie Byrnes has been conspicuous lately, even Stocker and others... But what is their mileage for the year? It gets foggy. Other players that come to mind in the sub-field are Paton, Sharman, Phillipou, Jones, perhaps even Ross and Membrey???

Good point on Hall (which I had not considered) though I'm sure we could afford to pay the 12 months out comfortably if he doesn't look like he's up to the level. It's not like we're strapped for cash space and we're trying to squeeze in superstar free agents.

I'd dearly love for Collard to prove me wrong and become the next Milney but the kid averaged 7.6 disposals over 11 games in the VFL and displayed terrible body language (probably the worst I've ever seen) before being handed a long term suspension for repeated homophobic slurs....you couldn't script a worse first season in the AFL. It just seems like we could get something in return for him now....and he hasn't shown any signs of a player happy to be at St Kilda.
Forget the disposals. How many goals did he average? How many games did he kick multiple goals.
The club needs to work hard and persist with him. Otherwise I suspect we’ll be filthy when he has a better career than Jamie Cripps

Pretty surprised 80% of voters reckon Allison is gonski given his recent uptick in form. He’s impressed me a lot recently with running patterns, link up work, positioning, sharp field kicking, remaining a constant threat which is clear with much higher disposals and score involvements. His marking generally and contested marking is his next level up and goal kicking accuracy but I like his action reckon that is okay.

Membrey has maybe another year but reckon we’re better of letting him walk at this point. Hayes is surely done. We’re not in a position to reach for an 18yo KPF in the draft.

I know we’ve got Sharman, Hammer, King lined up as our 3 starters next year but Allison as a 4th hard running KPF as back up to the 3 starters is worth retaining.

I count 9. 8 delisting and 1 UFA walking.
That's without any trades.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's 1 shock trade on top of that so could be up to 10 which is a big turnover.

Pretty surprised 80% of voters reckon Allison is gonski given his recent uptick in form. He’s impressed me a lot recently with running patterns, link up work, positioning, sharp field kicking, remaining a constant threat which is clear with much higher disposals and score involvements. His marking generally and contested marking is his next level up and goal kicking accuracy but I like his action reckon that is okay.

Membrey has maybe another year but reckon we’re better of letting him walk at this point. Hayes is surely done. We’re not in a position to reach for an 18yo KPF in the draft.

I know we’ve got Sharman, Hammer, King lined up as our 3 starters next year but Allison as a 4th hard running KPF as back up to the 3 starters is worth retaining.
The fact that it has taken Allison nearly 4 years to learn the basics is the concern. He is not an instinctive player and has little or no game sense.

I haven't seen Allison play recently but on the basis of his last few years, personally I'd have trouble believing it's actually a real sustainable improvement and not a last-gasp effort to be retained which will drop off again soon.

The fact that it has taken Allison nearly 4 years to learn the basics is the concern. He is not an instinctive player and has little or no game sense.

I haven't seen Allison play recently but on the basis of his last few years, personally I'd have trouble believing it's actually a real sustainable improvement and not a last-gasp effort to be retained which will drop off again soon.

We forget he was a covid draftee with his senior year a full gap already, tall developing type, significant injuries (only played 60% of possible games). You could make an argument he needed his first year on stk list to make up for U18 year then he had a 1.5 seasons worth of injuries all together, meaning he's probably only been up and going for 1.5 seasons.

Despite my early bewilderment he was on the list at all until recently, I'm ready to turn on a dime provided he finishes strongly.

1 more year will not destroy the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delist/FA:
Ross
Bonner
Campbell
Crouch
Battle
Hayes
Hotton
Allison
Why?
From the weekend:
Oli Hotton

24 disposals, four tackles, seven clearances

Oli started the game really well having an excellent first two quarters as we saw him use his hands and drive his legs powerfully. A four-quarter effort both mentally and physically is the next step we’re after but he’s definitely going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Why?
From the weekend:
Oli Hotton

24 disposals, four tackles, seven clearances

Oli started the game really well having an excellent first two quarters as we saw him use his hands and drive his legs powerfully. A four-quarter effort both mentally and physically is the next step we’re after but he’s definitely going in the right direction.
And only 19. Well worth holding onto for another couple of years.

Unfortunately he is no different in match simulation- hardly touches it.

Unfortunately he is no different in match simulation- hardly touches it.
Any player on a list for 4 years and not played an AFL game not over 200cm needs to be delisted...end of story.

Be better if we picked up a Bomber player who could likely be a DFA from the same draft (Perkins Reid Cox) At least they have played AFL for the same draft capital cost....zip.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is going to be an emotional year for the club come trade and final list management decisions -

Retire:
Crouch
Campbell

Delist:
Allison
Bonner
Cordy (pay out contract)

Possible trades:
Clark
Paton
Membrey
Battle (free agent)
Howard (unlikely)
Ross (unlikely) depending on numbers give 1 more year contract

Shaky ground:
Hayes
Hotton

Obviously there wont be that high a turn over, but I think the club would be looking to draft 5-6 players plus trade in a couple. Any trades would be using capital received from trades or future draft picks.

Last edited:
Some of its a toss of the coin.
I don't know what Josh Battle is thinking.
I'm not Brad Crouch's doctor.
Cordy might depend on Battle.
Jones might depend on Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Who will be off the list before 2025 starts?

Back