whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not your classic FF, but he was playing FF towards the end of last season and ended up kicking 15 goals in the last 4 games, so I hope we leave him there.

He's 191 cm so he's good height, his arms are long and his leap as we all know is fantastic. Very accurate kick for goal and a great mark.

These sor (It of questions (just like who did the best in the draft?) are sort of pointless. It isvery rare for someone to nominate any other team other than their own team as having the best young list, draft picks etc(even West Coast Supporters nominate their team as having the best young list)

LOL what is with the North Melbourne vendetta against the Dees? You guys are starting to look ****ing crazy and obsessive like a disgruntled ex girlfriend. Move on North no one cares.

It takes two to make an argument mate. If no one cared your fellow posters wouldn't bother disputing the point. But agree with earlier sentiments these threads are pointless and mean nothing it always ends up with "my teams better than yours because x player had y amount of possessions in z game against n opponent".

Brown looks the goods.

Cloke and Dawes provided only 17% of Collingwoods goals in 2010.

I think the Pies spine is just average.

Reid and Brown are both outstanding key defender prospects. In fact, they're not even prospects, they've taken the big jobs in finals and passed with flying colours, they're proven young defenders.

Wood and Ceglar.... unknown quantities at this stage, though Wood has had some very good matches.

Cloke is a fantastic CHF. Not a big goal-kicker, but his provides a lot to our side. If you can't see this, you shouldn't be watching football. Dawes just had his first full year in the side, and provides an extra dimension to our forward line. Very good young talent and was instrumental in the grand final [more than most other players in this thread will ever achieve].

But seriously... if our spine is "average"... how did we win the flag?

Collingwood has the best old list, the best young list, just the best list.
They are the premiers for a reason, they have recruited well and have reaped
the ultimate reward.

LOL what is with the North Melbourne vendetta against the Dees? You guys are starting to look ****ing crazy and obsessive like a disgruntled ex girlfriend. Move on North no one cares.

Have you been living under a rock, or are you just completely biased? There is at least twice as much bullshit against us coming from your supporters.

WC have the 2nd best young KPP spine in the AFL, Essendon have the best IMO.

FB: MacKenzie
CHF: Brown
RUCK: Naitinui
CHF: Kennedy
FF: Darling

Sorry but your backline KPP are crap. Jack Riewoldt kicked 10 on them...and Brown was dropped a fair bit this year from memory?

Kennedy and Nic Nat are good and Darling has potential...

I actually think that Melbourne have the best KPD and probably followed by Carlton. Peares and Hooker are going to find it a lot harder once Dustin Fletcher retires and stops giving them a chopout.

u23 = potential. It all depends on who steps up a level or two.

And these players can get traded of walk out (Anthony?)

The real question is which team will improve the most in the coming season, and even that needs a crystal ball.

u23 = potential. It all depends on who steps up a level or two.

And these players can get traded of walk out (Anthony?)

The real question is which team will improve the most in the coming season, and even that needs a crystal ball.
The BigFooty mantra suggests that the youngest teams probably have the most improving to do.

Collingwood still have a tonne. I'm not 'convinced' by any of their spine bar Cloke. But Brown and Reid definately had break-out years this year - and they are often followed up by even better seasons in the following year.

It's scary to think, that you'd not pick any of their spine as best at their position - not by a long shot - but they still are ladder leaders and premiers. In fact the only player you'd probably could claim as the leagues best [position], their FB, was sitting in the wings on GF Replay day.

Disgusting amount of potential.

I still think Carlton have a lot of developing to do being younger than Melbourne, North and Fremantle last year - but that improvement needs to come from our KPPs and 23s and under, any extra reliance on Waite, Judd and Simpson will prove unhealthy in a couple of years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the backline is a bit sketchy, especially with Brown at CHB... Carlton have suffered heavily from having a 'shaky' defence, with Bower trying to hold down a key role. And whilst Essendon's is good if not great, their forward-line is rather unexciting. Gumbleton will be a star, is there another young option, or are we inferring Hurley will play forward?

Yeah FF is perhaps the only position we don't have any stand out candidates for (in terms of young guys who can play there consistently) but I think you forget that Hille and Ryder spend quite a bit of time at FF (when either of them aren't rucking). They are proven goal kickers as far as ruckmen go.

Hurley could play there but he won't be as effective IMO. He's much better at CHF where he can get more of the ball and utilise his kicking skills.

Gold Coast, Melbourne, Freo and North have some decent young talent on their list.

I want to put WCE in there too but need a little more from their young guys this year.

Also, do Collingwood and Carltons lists count as young?

Gold Coast, Melbourne, Freo and North have some decent young talent on their list.

I want to put WCE in there too but need a little more from their young guys this year.

Also, do Collingwood and Carltons lists count as young?

I don't have the stats in front of me but I have a feeling that Carlton and possibly Collingwood as well are younger than Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back