whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Demons - you'd expect that after the No.1 and priority draft picks.
interersting, especially from a geelong supporter who has experieced success recently WITHOUT number 1 picks and priority picks. Lets be honest their only number 1 and priority picks are Watts,scully and trengove. They are not going to be the best because of just these 3.
I will even provide you with a current example, take carlton, they have 3 number 1 picks kreuzer,gibbs,murphy plus walker a number 2 pick and judd. Yet they are not the best by a long shot. I'm sick of this they have number one picks thus they will be the best. freo, the roos and collingwood all have more depth and a better young list.

interersting, especially from a geelong supporter who has experieced success recently WITHOUT number 1 picks and priority picks. Lets be honest their only number 1 and priority picks are Watts,scully and trengove. They are not going to be the best because of just these 3.
'll even provide you with a current example, take carlton, they have 3 number 1 picks kreuzer,gibbs,murphy plus walker a number 2 pick and judd. Yet they are not the best by a long shot. I'm sick of this they have number one picks thus they will be the best. freo, the roos and collingwood all have more depth and a better young list.

True in general, but they have picked really well and have some great young talent. Grimes, Gysberts, Frawley, Jurrah, McKenzie, Pettard to name some others. I know North have a few nice ones as well, but I still think they are looking the goods in the medium term.

Under Scott though I think North could definitely give them a run.

Interesting thread topic to pass the time, however, i have seen no detailed analysis in any postings so far.

Perhaps a suitable starting point would be, as yaco55 stated, to define Young List and then we can actually list and analyse the quality of the players from each Club who would come within the parameters.

The OP probably needs to define Young List.

Maybe look at players 22 and younger.

3 players from 3 drafts and what else? That does not comprise a "best young list" or even close to it.

There's a bloke by the name of deledio who is better than any player on your list and I reckon Griffith , although injury prone, and Astbury as KPP's players have shown more in their first year than a lot of other players have , oh and then there's a young bloke who we look like getting in the PSD who chose us over your mob who your coached rated a bit . Don't be so bitter precious !! :) :)

Yea the two best midfielders from the last 3 drafts and the best young key position player ?

Say whaaaaaaaaaat??

I agree Riewoldt will be a superstar but at this stage, the rest of your list is one giant "who knows" given that you basically started the list from scratch when Hardwick came in

There's a bloke by the name of deledio who is better than any player on your list and I reckon Griffith , although injury prone, and Astbury as KPP's players have shown more in their first year than a lot of other players have , oh and then there's a young bloke who we look like getting in the PSD who chose us over your mob who your coached rated a bit . Don't be so bitter precious !! :) :)
Do you really think 4 marks & 19 disposals for a year is 'showing more than a lot of others'?
Grififiths is a great size, he can move OK, but to say he's actually done anything is massive wank, just further adding to the 'richmond over-rate themselves' pile.

Is this a trick question or something?

As it stands right now, how could it be anyone but the team that won this years premiership with one of the youngest sides in decades?

Collingwood
Fremantle
Melbourne
North
Richmond
Essendon

in that order.

They're my up and coming sides and yes I think Collingwood are still on the way up which is a scary thought. There may be some younger? Who knows. who cares?

collingwood maybe but u need to factor in the malthouse not coaching as it will disrupt the team

frementle, def not, pav is aging and mostly relied on

melb is too weak, plaything of nm.

So actual list:
1) collingwood (until the transfer of coach and it will cause disruption)
2) NM, young, solid, evenly balanced.
3) Melbourne, have some genuine talents acrooss the groud but mentally frail and is 2nd to NM.
4) Richmond, have many holes but have good mids
5) Essendon yet to be seen if Hird's recruitment is a master stroke.
6) Not really a team of future but a team for now like Carlton. Wont be going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely thats a trolling post ???

Deledio has been serviceable at best Griffith ??? and Astbury has shown diddly squat so far.

rate your kids ..but ffs don't just pencil them in as stars because you hope thats what they will become . :rolleyes:

collingwood maybe but u need to factor in the malthouse not coaching as it will disrupt the team

So actual list:
3) Melbourne, have some genuine talents acrooss the groud but mentally frail and is 2nd to NM.
6) Not really a team of future but a team for now like Carlton. Wont be going anywhere.
The only team in your list that is certain to not be going anywhere is North ....No body wants them ..just ask Tassie :cool:

Roos will just do what the roos normally do ..struggle along with a couple of decent kids finish 9-10 th .

There's a bloke by the name of deledio who is better than any player on your list and I reckon Griffith , although injury prone, and Astbury as KPP's players have shown more in their first year than a lot of other players have , oh and then there's a young bloke who we look like getting in the PSD who chose us over your mob who your coached rated a bit . Don't be so bitter precious !!

Who said anything about being bitter? Deledio will be 24 next year, hardly "young" considering a reference point above was for players 22 or younger.

Richmond
'88 - Grigg (*), Riewoldt (68 games), Edwards (69), Conners (24), Webberley (10), [Houli]
'89 - Farmer (20), Gourdis (3), Nason (19), Rance (25), Post (14),
'90 - Cotchin (42), Vickery (23), Browne (5)
'91 - Astbury (17), Martin (21), Grimes (1), Taylor (4), Griffiths (8), Dea (3)

Essendon
'88 - Ryder (94), Jetta (27), Gumbleton (22), Hardingham (6), Hooker (36), [Neagle]
'89 - Reimers (40), Myers (22), Bellchambers (14), Daniher (6)
'90 - Zaharakis (30), Pears (38), Hurley (29)
'91 - Long (0), Colyer (11), Melksham (14), Carlisle (3)

Definitely got Richmond covered for talent. Elite KPs much harder to draft than elite midfielders as well.

Mentally frail players from the Daniher era, such as Yze, TJ, White, and Bruce have left the club.

"Mentally frail" youngsters get blown out of the water when the floodgates open. We didn't have one 60 point loss for the year, where as your mob had 5, including a 100+ point gem; so I'd reconsider bandying about the term "mentally frail" under the circumstances.:thumbsu:

Who said anything about being bitter? Deledio will be 24 next year, hardly "young" considering a reference point above was for players 22 or younger.

Richmond
'88 - Grigg (*), Riewoldt (68 games), Edwards (69), Conners (24), Webberley (10), [Houli]

Essendon
'88 - Ryder (94), Jetta (27), Gumbleton (22), Hardingham (6), Hooker (36), [Neagle]

Definitely got Richmond covered for talent. Elite KPs much harder to draft than elite midfielders as well.

You keep on believing that !!

1. Collingwood (obvious)

----------

2. Gold Coast (sheer number of high draft picks to go with an already young team, could be huge in a few years)
3. Freo
4. Melbourne
5. North

-------

6. Richmond
7. West Coast
8. Essendon

The only team in your list that is certain to not be going anywhere is North ....No body wants them ..just ask Tassie :cool:

Roos will just do what the roos normally do ..struggle along with a couple of decent kids finish 9-10 th .
and whats your reasoning behind u thinking we will finish 9th or 10th, like i have said many times, this isn't bay 13.

Richmond

Essendon

Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin, without the rest, would be a better choice than all those guys you listed for Essendon.

So actual list:

If you are judging the list how will the change of coach affect that in any way??
You are judging the list and therefore the players, not the coaches....and Malthouse will still be there and his role will largely be to develop the kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

whos got the best young list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back