Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see you can pick one tiny section out of what i've said and make it look stupid...maybe you should be a media personality :rolleyes:
Anyway. I was explaining why we haven't handed out many floggings this year, rather just won most of our games comfortably instead of massively. Clearly the Hawks have covered for Williams with Franklin and Boyle becoming prominent goal-scorers. We have covered for Thompson as well obviously (we are competing for a top 4 position), but our goal-scoring ability has been hindered more greatly than Hawthorn's clearly, as our percentage isn't as high. Hawthorn are probably better off without relying on Williams, after all, now he can play more as a C.Jones style player, providing an option but also crumbing for Franklin, Boyle etc.

One side note with the % aspect. We beat the Hawks by 37 pts. If we have won that match by 52pts, we would have superceeded their %, and until about the 20min mark, we were around this mark. Just saying, that the % is not increadibly different, and Hawks supporters really shouldn't be using this a key arguement.

One side note with the % aspect. We beat the Hawks by 37 pts. If we have won that match by 52pts, we would have superceeded their %, and until about the 20min mark, we were around this mark. Just saying, that the % is not increadibly different, and Hawks supporters really shouldn't be using this a key arguement.

Just did a couple of sums and if you had have won that game by 52 instead of 37, your current percentage would be 107 and ours would be 117. Not too different to how it is now.

Even if you don't consider percentage all that relevent, if we beat sydney that number will give us the double chance ahead of you guys.

I wouldn't say percentage is a key argument, but it's an interesting co-incidence that most grand finalists end the H&A season with a percentage of 120+.

Just did a couple of sums and if you had have won that game by 52 instead of 37, your current percentage would be 107 and ours would be 117. Not too different to how it is now.

Even if you don't consider percentage all that relevent, if we beat sydney that number will give us the double chance ahead of you guys.

I wouldn't say percentage is a key argument, but it's an interesting co-incidence that most grand finalists end the H&A season with a percentage of 120+.

All I was saying was that at the time of the match, a mere month ago, had we won by over 52, we would have superceeded the Hawks percentage.

Both team equal on wins and have each beaten the other this year. How about we call them even?

Now my personal, biased opinion is that if we played this weekend with the team we just had against the Dogs (ie including Franklin, Boyle and Mitchell) and North had their current fit line-up, we'd win. But who knows?

Both team equal on wins and have each beaten the other this year. How about we call them even?

Now my personal, biased opinion is that if we played this weekend with the team we just had against the Dogs (ie including Franklin, Boyle and Mitchell) and North had their current fit line-up, we'd win. But who knows?

It would come down to intangibles and luck - lile with 70% of the upcoming finals

You, and the Saints, were actually lucky to catch us in our 'mid-late season slump' that we were having at that time. Means nought now. If you'd played us in the form/mood we were in on Sunday, would have been a very different story. The Dogs were unlucky to catch us in that frame of mind...

It took you a while to 'get in the mood' though.

The reality is that the Hawks are around 12% to the better

How do you put a number on that?

Is it just the percentage difference between the clubs or is it an in depth analysis of the pros and cons of the respective players, coaches, ground conditions, supporters, membership, training facilities, history and weather factors?

would much rather see the kangas do well this finals series....their supporters on here seem alot less arrogant than hawks fans, plus their jumpers arn't an ugly poo brown colour :p

Geelong are just scared of facing us in a final.

As for poo coloured, do you say that to yourself when you look at your brown hair in the mirror??

How do you put a number on that?

Is it just the percentage difference between the clubs or is it an in depth analysis of the pros and cons of the respective players, coaches, ground conditions, supporters, membership, training facilities, history and weather factors?

Percentage...yes.

As good as the Kangaroos have been this season - and they've been fantastic, they just lack the potency to kick a number of goals in a short space of time.

You're kidding? Surely.

No. Thompson wouldn't replace Buddy or Franklin, Gibson wouldn't replace Birchall, Smith or Brown.

Would love Wells, though, if he's available - his speed would finish off the midfield nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Thompson wouldn't replace Buddy or Franklin, Gibson wouldn't replace Birchall, Smith or Brown.

Credibility (assuming you had any) >>>>>>> Window. :thumbsu:

Oh and I see you and every other Whork fan keeps mentioning Campbell Brown. Is this the same Campbell Brown that got his arse kicked that hard by Corey Jones it was red raw and he had to be moved to the forward line where he then proceeded to get his arse kicked by Daniel Pratt. Is this the same bloke Dawk fans keep putting up for AA? :confused::eek:

Credibility (assuming you had any) >>>>>>> Window. :thumbsu:

Oh and I see you and every other Whork fan keeps mentioning Campbell Brown. Is this the same Campbell Brown that got his arse kicked that hard by Corey Jones it was red raw and he had to be moved to the forward line where he then proceeded to get his arse kicked by Daniel Pratt. Is this the same bloke Dawk fans keep putting up for AA? :confused::eek:

You guys have no talent at all. You started your preseason nearly a year ago and have made your own luck, good on you. But in the end you are still just lucky and will get pumbled when the real stuff starts...

I'm surprised you know anything about the "real stuff"

16 years and counting isn't it?

Well hey, I was happy to run with the fact that the Kangaroos have tried harder than any other team, and got here based on an enormous effort. But after reading all the absolute cr@p you blokes have sprouted in this thread, I chose to find a different way of saying the same thing.

It is funny you have slumps when you play teams that like to play contested football and you do not have form slumps when you play teams that do not like contested football.

Amazing coincidence...

Finals is contested football x1000

Beaten just as many top eight sides as you have;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's got the better chance? Hawks or Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back