Why a Port Adelaide Premiership in 2021 is a certainty

Remove this Banner Ad

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's getting to the pointy end of the season, with 8-10 teams gearing up for a seemingly huge round to close out the home and away season and start their push for the flag.
I'm here to tell you why this is a futile endeavour, and why the cup will be heading to Alberton in 6 weeks.

#1: OVERHEAD REBOUND CONTESTED SMASH FIST FORWARD DRIVES
Port Adelaide, led by captain Tom Jonas and new sheriff in town Aliir Aliir, lead the competition in this statistic by a staggering amount. This is a main component of Port Adelaides game that has troubled teams consistently in the second half of the season, and sees Port Adelaide as the form team of the competition heading in to finals.
In the last 6 weeks, Aliir Aliir has recorded 58 Overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives, the next best in the competition being Brayden Maynard with 26.
Tom Jonas has recorded 4th most, with 22 overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives over the same period.
This has allowed Port to attack vigorously on the turnover, with their half backs gathering the loose ball and using the dangerous foot skills of Houston and Bonner to maximum effect.

#2 AERIAL PENETRATING FORWARD 50 ENTRY MOVEMENTS GENERATED FROM WING PLAY
With a fit Duursma back in the side in recent weeks to complement the evergreen 2021 All Australian lock Karl Amon, Port Adelaide have a few tricks up their sleeve when it comes to aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play. In fact, they lead the competition by 12.8 per game on average. Duursmon, as I call this deceptively dangerous dynamic duo, don't waste too many opportunities and make things happen. When Port are generating so many more aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play, it brings our ace up our sleeve in to play. Bringing me to number 3....

#3 GEORGIADIXEE
No, its not a new pokemon, its the Tremendous trinity of Georgiades, Dixon and Rozee. This trio contains all the attributes you want in a forward line. Crafty forward play, sticky fingers, speed and contested mongrel. Make no doubt, this is the most dangerous forward line in the competition, and it isn't even close. Oh, and if these 3 don't fire? Well waiting in the wings we only have the GOAT Robbie Gray, Fantastic Fantasia and the illustrious Butters, who can cut through teams like a hot knife through himself.

I could go on and on, but as you can see, there will be no stopping this juggernaut when September rolls around and I have the stats to back me up.
Other teams should give up now, as season 2021 can only end one way. With King Ken and Tommy J on the dais clutching the cup on the last Saturday in September.

3-24 vs top 4 in the last 5 years

you have a better chance if you trade for adelaides list who are 10-17 in the same time

It's getting to the pointy end of the season, with 8-10 teams gearing up for a seemingly huge round to close out the home and away season and start their push for the flag.
I'm here to tell you why this is a futile endeavour, and why the cup will be heading to Alberton in 6 weeks.

#1: OVERHEAD REBOUND CONTESTED SMASH FIST FORWARD DRIVES
Port Adelaide, led by captain Tom Jonas and new sheriff in town Aliir Aliir, lead the competition in this statistic by a staggering amount. This is a main component of Port Adelaides game that has troubled teams consistently in the second half of the season, and sees Port Adelaide as the form team of the competition heading in to finals.
In the last 6 weeks, Aliir Aliir has recorded 58 Overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives, the next best in the competition being Brayden Maynard with 26.
Tom Jonas has recorded 4th most, with 22 overhead rebound contested smash fist forward drives over the same period.
This has allowed Port to attack vigorously on the turnover, with their half backs gathering the loose ball and using the dangerous foot skills of Houston and Bonner to maximum effect.

#2 AERIAL PENETRATING FORWARD 50 ENTRY MOVEMENTS GENERATED FROM WING PLAY
With a fit Duursma back in the side in recent weeks to complement the evergreen 2021 All Australian lock Karl Amon, Port Adelaide have a few tricks up their sleeve when it comes to aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play. In fact, they lead the competition by 12.8 per game on average. Duursmon, as I call this deceptively dangerous dynamic duo, don't waste too many opportunities and make things happen. When Port are generating so many more aerial penetrating forward 50 entry movements generated from wing play, it brings our ace up our sleeve in to play. Bringing me to number 3....

#3 GEORGIADIXEE
No, its not a new pokemon, its the Tremendous trinity of Georgiades, Dixon and Rozee. This trio contains all the attributes you want in a forward line. Crafty forward play, sticky fingers, speed and contested mongrel. Make no doubt, this is the most dangerous forward line in the competition, and it isn't even close. Oh, and if these 3 don't fire? Well waiting in the wings we only have the GOAT Robbie Gray, Fantastic Fantasia and the illustrious Butters, who can cut through teams like a hot knife through himself.

I could go on and on, but as you can see, there will be no stopping this juggernaut when September rolls around and I have the stats to back me up.
Other teams should give up now, as season 2021 can only end one way. With King Ken and Tommy J on the dais clutching the cup on the last Saturday in September.

Quality post. Can’t wait until Georgiadixee evolves into Rozeedixorgi.

Wow is this embarrassing. You smash an out of sorts team without any sort of spine, and now you're a 'certainty' for the premiership?

You've beat none of the Top 6 sides - Melbourne, Geelong, Bulldogs, Brisbane or the Swans. Only teams in the Top 8 you have beat, are GWS and Essendon, and they're not your main threats anyway.

Everyday the main board turns more and more into 'the Bay.' What a sad, sad, deluded post this is.

Havent rated them all year - and up to 8 or so weeks ago gave them no chance

However things have changed - Rich have fallen off a cliff - up to that point most supporters thought the Tigers were still a big chance

Dogs have lost form and players - could even find themselves finishing 5th

All contenders have lost leading players - Hipwood Stewart Bruce and there would be others

Its a weak year - the one glint id give Port - last weeks 95 pt win ( ythe opposition wasnt that great ) against Carlton - however sometimes you have a big win like that - and you get a snowball affect - players get confident and dangerous

In summary - 8 weeks ago - no chance - where as now id give them some chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3-24 vs top 4 in the last 5 years

you have a better chance if you trade for adelaides list who are 10-17 in the same time
Not fair comparison. Recently 've had 25% less teams in the top 4 to lose to.
Seriously though, is this stat based on the positions at the beginning of the round, during the game, or at the end of the round. What about finals?
27 games against the top 4 in 5 seasons tells me its possibly whichever suits the argument each week.

Wow is this embarrassing. You smash an out of sorts team without any sort of spine, and now you're a 'certainty' for the premiership?

You've beat none of the Top 6 sides - Melbourne, Geelong, Bulldogs, Brisbane or the Swans. Only teams in the Top 8 you have beat, are GWS and Essendon, and they're not your main threats anyway.

Everyday the main board turns more and more into 'the Bay.' What a sad, sad, deluded post this is.
Except that we beat the Swans, I'd subscribe to your newsletter.

Hint: if you're gonna have a go, double check your own "facts".

Seriously though, is this stat based on the positions at the beginning of the round, during the game, or at the end of the round. What about finals?
27 games against the top 4 in 5 seasons tells me its possibly whichever suits the argument each week.

You have to admit though, losing to Brisbane, Geelong, Melbourne and the Bulldogs with no wins against the top 5 does pose significant questions about Port’s credentials.

I’m not saying Port won’t win, they have all key positions covered (relying on Georgiades in finals would concern me slightly though), but the inability to beat quality during the regular season puts them below Geelong and Melbourne for mine.

Beat the Dogs this week and get a home final (if that’s a thing this year) and you may have an argument.

Awesome, one thing Port seem to handle incredibly well is expectation. With this and Jane Cornes jumping on now there is nothing more certain than a straight sets exit

For you its whatever Sen used
For us it's end of season table as it was the easiest to determine

As the only team in the 8 who hasn't lost to a bottom 10 side, i'd say thats a positive.

That suggests that you’re a consistent 5-8 team, you beat who you should but can’t knock off the top sides, which hardly puts you as premiership favourites.

I think port have got it in them, especially if they can get top 2, but since they haven’t actually shown it to us yet that puts them behind Geelong and Melbourne and depending on this weeks results the Dogs.

Has anyone pointed out that they "haven't beaten a top side yet"? Just don't want that point to be over looked. Barely mentioned in the footy media this week either.
What do you expect when a Power fan is suggesting you will win the flag? It's a pretty obvious and reasonable rebuttal, though I do assume the OP was tongue-in-cheek.

NO WC to steal the GF after the siren?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why a Port Adelaide Premiership in 2021 is a certainty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back