Analysis Why are we s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats have de-listed 2 premiership players (who also played in the 2020 GF) and that's in addition to the retirement of 2 premiership players.

Maybe Rohan is not that tough a call as an injury prone 33 year old, but he didn't retire. Parfitt is in his prime at 26 years old.

The Cats have de-listed 2 premiership players (who also played in the 2020 GF) and that's in addition to the retirement of 2 premiership players.

Maybe Rohan is not that tough a call as an injury prone 33 year old, but he didn't retire. Parfitt is in his prime at 26 years old.
Rohan was pretty straight forward.

My cats supporting mates have always rated Parfitt but I thought he was a bit meh to be honest. Bit of fringe player, a Setterfield type.

We are still shit because we don’t have enough good footballers.
This is the case but it stinks that after not winning a final for 20 years we aren't given the same access to the draft that other clubs are given. Apart from McGrath (d'oh!) what has our next highest draft pick been? We actually get penalised for not spending time at the bottom. The most recent flags, apart from Geelong in 2022, have all been clubs that have spent time at the bottom and been given access to the best players in the draft. As much as it would suck I think we really need to tank for a couple of years. Melbourne, Collingwood and now Brisbane have all benefited from it. North and West Coast will probably benefit from it in a couple of years too.

This is the case but it stinks that after not winning a final for 20 years we aren't given the same access to the draft that other clubs are given. Apart from McGrath (d'oh!) what has our next highest draft pick been? We actually get penalised for not spending time at the bottom. The most recent flags, apart from Geelong in 2022, have all been clubs that have spent time at the bottom and been given access to the best players in the draft. As much as it would suck I think we really need to tank for a couple of years. Melbourne, Collingwood and now Brisbane have all benefited from it. North and West Coast will probably benefit from it in a couple of years too.
Tsatas (#5), Cox, Reid, Perkins (7, 8, 9) Hobbs (13)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think this is why we're keeping some players, eg., Weideman, Menzie

I actually think next year will see another improvement.

First time in a few years I have thought that.

Reckon the young group is about to take charge of the direction of the club and I trust Caldwell/Durham/Martin more than I trusted Merrett/McGrath/Heppell.
Trusting the coach is my issue. I want to believe he chose talls for a wet game as a way of tanking. But the ambiguity around this creates the trust issue. I need to know for sure, is Brad an evil genius or not?

The only thing missing that might have confirmed it is if he had somehow found a way to blame the player selection on either the oppo or the AFL.

Trusting the coach is my issue. I want to believe he chose talls for a wet game as a way of tanking. But the ambiguity around this creates the trust issue. I need to know for sure, is Brad an evil genius or not?

The only thing missing that might have confirmed it is if he had somehow found a way to blame the player selection on either the oppo or the AFL.
Or he’s just human and is as prone to the occasional ****y wucky as the next bloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Why are we s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back