Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I'm in charge of maintaining the club's point of view on BigFooty. I'm hoping they make me full time next year.
No wonder they did not want me.

Well just have to agree to disagree. Nobody wanted Williams. Not sure what that says but it says something about him. North would have taken him late in draft so Collingwood helped that passage. But anyway it's one we can disagree on. Ps always happy to get more from other clubs. PPS we seem to have been bent over a bit in recent times.
Perhaps we should have had Mason Cox do our trade negotiating for us because he seems completely unable to bend over in any circumstances...

Perhaps we should have had Mason Cox do our trade negotiating for us because he seems completely unable to bend over in any circumstances...
Lol.

Very good

Jmac does it all - in fact the hold up in the CEO appt is because Ed wants to appoint Jmac as a Captain's pick - the Board want "due process" - apparently there's a huge s**t fight :rolleyes:
Don't knock jmac70 hell be shelling out lots of beer for the members.

There will be a tight reign on spending except beer

(I like the way he thinks.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a mute point sinclairs career is unfortunately over better off keeping ramsay imo
The reason I asked the question, after suggesting in another thread that both boys need to be delisted, is that Geoff Walsh seemed to be slightly more upbeat about Sinkers than Ramsay. That was my interpretation of the interview anyway. Walsh said the Club would be taking a look at the uncontracted Ramsay after the trade period and then making a decision. That doesn't bode well for him. Both boys are Buckley favourites though and both have been unlucky with injury. Maybe both could survive, I just don't know. Trying to give the players a new lease on life by changing positions could work though.

If we agree that our forward work is our greatest problem and it's very hard to argue against this, then one thing we must do is improve pressure inside F50. The other inescapable conclusion is that we must also improve the way the ball transitions from the back half to the forward half.

Our back six has done pretty well without Sinclair and Ramsay. If both or either are to survive, I think a bit of reinvention is in order.

Preseason training will be very interesting next month; how will the new coaching panel address the need to transition? The players were drilled in ball movement/transition all through the 2016/2017 summer, but the results spoke for themselves. The training drills did not translate to efficient play once we hit game day. A bit like Taylor Adams's kicking really; great on the track but anybody's guess under pressure.

I am happy to disagree but I don't think you'll find much agreement that he was better forward than back.

Where have I said he's better either forward or back? I was merely challenging the assertion that he was a poor forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back