Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we gave them the equivalent of Pick 28 in next year’s draft. That is based on us finishing 9th next year. Personally, I think with some luck, we play finals.
Draft points on that are 677.

We got back pick 70 this year which amounts to 39 points and their 3rd rounder next year which will be around pick 48 if they finish 6th. That pick is worth 302 points.

Meaning 336 is the difference, which would be around pick 46-48.

Considering we have identified the kid and gone after him, he has had 2 years in the system of an incredibly consistent AFL club, got offered a senior contract, and got him for pick 48.

Seriously, overreaction guys. Come on!!!!

The problem is that if it is indeed a strong draft, this calculation means bugger all. We are in desperate need of quality players with kicking skills and brains. If we can have a ping at 2 quality players next year it makes very little sense to give that opportunity up for a rookie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that if it is indeed a strong draft, this calculation means bugger all. We are in desperate need of quality players with kicking skills and brains. If we can have a ping at 2 quality players next year it makes very little sense to give that opportunity up for a rookie?
We didn't give it up... that 2nd rounder was never going to be used, it was always going on points for an academy player (Liam Holt-Fitz?) and Father/Son Luke Kelly... Hine found a clever way to get points for Tyler Brown (70) this year and points for Holt-Fitz/Kelly next year while picking up Sam Murray as steak knives

We didn't give it up... that 2nd rounder was never going to be used, it was always going on points for an academy player (Liam Holt-Fitz?) and Father/Son Luke Kelly... Hine found a clever way to get points for Tyler Brown (70) this year and points for Holt-Fitz/Kelly next year while picking up Sam Murray as steak knives
You talk bollocks, I was going to highlight some of your points above, then I realised it's all bollocks.

I think you just like saying bollocks

Oh look at that... my 200th post and you've got me discussing bollocks
Congrats!!!

What is the most number of posts an incarnation of yours has got to?

Oh yeah & bollocks.

Congrats!!!

What is the most number of posts an incarnation of yours has got to?

Oh yeah & bollocks.
tumblr_inline_neblyrqJxX1szpvv2_1_.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You like today's trade and the fact we still have Aish/Ramsay/Smith/Sier on our list?
I'm happy with it and am looking forward to seeing his pace off half back.

Can't see why I should be happy with our outgoing list manager, demoted for a clear lack of ability in that particular role, trading away a future 2nd round pick because he has a crystal ball that allows him to predict how our academy/fs kids will pan out in over a year from now.

He's gambling with picks he doesn't own.

Respect for Hine is seriously lacking too. The thread title is wrong.

True he’s already been sacked from the role of list manager! Very redundant thread given the move has already been made and yesterday’s decision simply reinforces it was a wise decision.

Who the hell is Holt-Fitz? I assume Luke Kelly is Neds kid?

This is the young man Ed had lunch with in Sydney.
Prior to Ed agreeing to the trip, Dekka explained the reasoning and what the agreed trade was.
Ed couldn't understand it so asked Dekka to write it down.
upload_2017-10-20_7-52-55.png

Pelchen gave Carlton an A. Nixon said they were dumb.
Pelchen thought we did ok. Spoke about a loss of about 10 spots for Collingwood with the 3rd round coming back. Mentioned the word hysteria. We've (supporters) reacted badly.
We all know what opinions are like.
You can’t blame us for being cynically considering our history in the past five years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Why Derek?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back