Win v The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Psi-Roos

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm feeling pretty confident going into this one. First weekend in a while that won't be impacted by days of dread or days of dissapointment depending on when we play.

What activities do we all have going on to replace our masochistic ritual. If the players get to enjoy it so should we.

Personally I've got a paint and sip with the lovely Fiance and then finish the long weekend unintentionally intimidating my 16yo daughters new boyfriend.

Gotta love the bye

I'm not sure what winning the bye is this year, even Richmond getting thrashed and bringing the percentage into play only matters if we beat someone (including Richmond). And that's looking pretty damned unlikely.
At the end of the day. When we have the bye, football is the winner. And our sanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what winning the bye is this year, even Richmond getting thrashed and bringing the percentage into play only matters if we beat someone (including Richmond). And that's looking pretty damned unlikely.
We've been so bad for so long that I find it kind of hard to fathom that we are both completely winless - and yet only one game and % off 17th place. Kind of nuts.

We've been so bad for so long that I find it kind of hard to fathom that we are both completely winless - and yet only one game and % off 17th place. Kind of nuts.

I don’t even look at the ladder anymore

No idea whose in the Top 8

I don’t even look at the ladder anymore

No idea whose in the Top 8
I made it as far up as Hawthorn before glazing over. Pretty sure it's us, Rich, Saints? then Hawks. 2-3 games between Rich & the others though.

I made it as far up as Hawthorn before glazing over. Pretty sure it's us, Rich, Saints? then Hawks. 2-3 games between Rich & the others though.

… we will pull rabbits out of hats in the final rounds to win some games and shoot that No 1 Pick right off our boot

… we will pull rabbits out of hats in the final rounds to win some games and shoot that No 1 Pick right off our boot
Crazy if we win less than 10 games over a 5 year period and have no #1 pick at the club to show for it. Richmond will be eyeing that pick off and not dumb enough to suddenly find form if we have a late win to put it in doubt. Don't get me wrong, if we win 5 of the next 10 I'll be more than happy with our progress.

Crazy if we win less than 10 games over a 5 year period and have no #1 pick at the club to show for it. Richmond will be eyeing that pick off and not dumb enough to suddenly find form if we have a late win to put it in doubt. Don't get me wrong, if we win 5 of the next 10 I'll be more than happy with our progress.

We get Logue back and in some type of form the door opens a little more

I might be crazy but I kind of agree. He's not a raw inexperienced backman like Chom. If he is fit and ready to rumble he provides huge on field support.

Great call

Not the 8-10 goal difference needed every game. Particularly after so long out.
By the time he gets match fitness the season will be just about over, I don't expect to see his best this year. An improvement on what's been available, sure, but not that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win v The Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back